>3000 4,000 Non-Apocalypse List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4,000 Non-Apocalypse List

So me and 2 friends are going to be a 4,000 point game and it'll be me (as CSM) and them both fielding ~2,000 points of Eldar. Also, we're ignoring the force organization chart. I was just wondering if anyone could check out my list to see if I'm doing this right and just getting terrible rolls against them or if I have no idea what I'm doing. Also, I have played them before and know what they have, so if you want me to after this, I can give you a rough list of what they have. Here's what I've written up so far:

HQ
    Kharn - 165
    Abbadon - 275
    Huron - 170
    Deamon Prince - Wings, Warptime, MoN - 175

Troops
    10 CSM - Champion w/Powerfist, MoK, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino w/Extra Armour -325 (PS they're mech heavy so I figured high strength and assault weapons would be good even if they have some weird option that ignores melta)
    11 CSM - Champion w/Powerfist and Twin-Linked Bolter, Meltagun, Lascannon, MoN - 285
    20 CSM - Champion w/Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns, MoN - 410 (I was taking a lesson from the Orks on this one)
    8 Zerkers - Champion w/Powerfist and Icon, Rhino w/Extra Armour - 278 (Huron is going to be attatched to this squad)
    8 Zerkers - Champion w/Powerfist and Icon - 213 (Kharn and Land Raider are going to be placed right beside this squad)

Elites
    9 Possessed CSM - Champion, MoN - 294
    5 Teminators - All Champions, 4 Combi-Meltas, 1 Heavy Flamer, MoN - 340 (Probably should have put some chainfists in there)

Fast Attack
    5 Chaos Raptors - Champion w/Lightning Claws, 2 Meltaguns, MoN - 190 (These guys support my DP cause he usually gets in CC turn one or two and covers everything else getting into position)

Heavy Support
    5 Chaos Havocs - Champion w/Powerfist and Twin-Linked Bolter, 2 Lascannons, 2 Autocannons - 290
    2 Obliterators - 150
    Predator - Lascannon Sponsons, Extra Armour - 160
    Land Raider - Extra Armour - 255

10 Lesser Demons - 130

Also, This is all I have, except I can change one Rhino into a Predator and vice-versa. And I have some Tau which I might throw in if they are okay with more points, I didn't know if I should include it in here or not.

Last edited by smj123; October 4th, 2011 at 21:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

In large games like this we usually keep the FOC limits but use 2x2000 point lists together.

HQ: Kharn-good. Abadon-pricy so he will need a LR or just be avoided. Huron-poor. Prince-great.

Elites: Possessed really suck. Termies drop the champ upgrades and take a CF or two.

Troops: Squad1 = great, Squad2&3 just take similar units to squad1. Plague marines are better than CSM with IoN as they get blight, fearless and FNP and who cares about the lower inititative when they are against eldar. Zerkers are good.

Fast: Drop the icon on such a small unit.

Heavy: Drop the PF as he is the first to die when you take a casualty, a couple of meatshields will help. Pred is good. Drop extra armour from all tanks and get possession on the LR.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to deep strike Abbadon in with the terminators because I'm putting some Zerkers in the LR, which is why it doesn't have possesion. And for Huron I had the points so I used him.

I'll probably shrink the possessed squad as I put points elsewhere. And CF's will probably work cause I was going to use them and the lessers against banshees alongside a normal squad, and i don't need the initiative for that.

And I don't have any more Rhino's so I was thinking of feilding the squad of 20 like orks and the squad of 11 like havocs. But I geuss I can just proxy them into havocs, which is essentially what they are currently, plus then I can split it with the other squad of havocs.

Ok, I was just kinda using the points for that Icon anyways.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Just a couple quick notes:

1) In a 4000 point game, Abby and the termis won't last one round after deep strike. It's hard enough getting them to last in a 2000 point game after deep strike. I'd strongly recommend giving them the land raider, or, as Mad Cat suggested, dropping him altogether.

2) Daemonic Possession is good on a land raider regardless of its occupants. Possession will greatly reduce the effectiveness of all glancing hits. It's almost a default upgrade of land raiders.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take a full Mech army list as it would more effective against Eldar, since they are very fast and you should try to catch them, since csm are a cc oriented army.
    I would use lots of Plague Marines and zerkers in rhinos. F.e. 3 squads of Plague Marines (each squad would consist of 7 models, 2 of them have meltaguns and 1 powerfist) into rhinos and 2 squads of berzerkers (each squad would consist of 8 models, 1 would be champ with fist) into rhinos. If you like Chaos Marines more than plague, you could just field 10-man-squads of marines with 2 meltaguns, Power Fist and Icon of Chaos Glory into rhinos instead of the plague marines.
    Especially against Eldar, I'd take 2 Land Raiders, 1 with Abbadon+Termies, 1 with Kharn+Berzerkers and 3 Predators or lots of Obliterators (6-9) or a combination of those to deal with their tanks.
    What is more, you don't need Huron, the Raptors and the Havoc Squad. They are ineffective against dark eldar, since they die easily and their damage output is consiferably low. The possesed are good, you could keep them if you like the models (I field them for this reason) but I would take Mark of Khorne or Slaanesh in a Rhino.
    2 Daemon Princes would be very effective against Eldar, exactly as they are effective against any army. You could take the Nurgle/Warptime built, the Tzeentch/Warptime/Bolt built or the cheaper Slaanesh/Lash built.
    And I think you have about 500 points remaining, where you could fit a 20-CSM-man-squad with Nurgle Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to field what you listed, but the above list is every model I have. However, I am going to see if my friend will lend me his SM Land Raider. Also, I'd only be able to put 4 Termis and Abaddon in the LR right?

Also, I've changed all the CSM to Plague Marines, and made the Havocs 8 men. And I'm planning on changing the the squad sizes so that they'll be 10, 9, and 9. Plus, if I get the Land Raider, I'll put Abbadon and the Terminators in it. And the Possesed are gone. I also gave the Predator and Land Raiders Possesion.

+ Reply to Thread