<2000 Self Destructing Underdogs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self Destructing Underdogs

Here are my Underdogs. Killing themselves before the battle and during! If I win it's all the sweeter.

Fabius Bile 160pts
    Chaos Lord w/Mark of Khorne, Daemon Weapon, Personal Icon, Plasma Pistol 160pts
    5 Chosen w/5 Plasmaguns 165pts
    10 Upgraded Chaos Space Marines w/Champion w/Combi-Plas, 2x Plasmaguns, IoN, Rhino 320pts
    10 Upgraded Chaos Space Marines w/Champion w/Combi-Plas, 2x Plasmaguns, IoN, Rhino 320pts
    9 Upgraded Chaos Space Marines w/Champion w/Combi-Plas, 1x Plasmagun, IoN, Rhino 287pts
    9 Upgraded Chaos Space Marines w/Champion w/Combi-Plas, 1x Plasmagun, IoN, Rhino 287pts
    2 Obliterators 150pts
    2 Obliterators 150pts

"LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

IDK man you are spending 200 points on Icons... I know you want to kill yourself and all but thats still too much. If you still want to have fun with it you can drop the Icons down to IoS and save 120 points. For 120 Points you can grab a Chaos Dread with Missile Launcher and Plasma Cannon, keeping everything else the same and you get MORE PLASMA!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. I just figured the T5 would be good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Plus the dread can help kill you too!
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh snap! I didn't even think of that!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Fabius Bile lists are fun. Good to see one in use here. A few pointers about your build:

9 Man CSM Squads: You're paying 30 points for a champion + combi-plasma. Why not drop that entirely and take another CSM with a plasma gun? You gain permanent plasma weapon (i.e., not one-time use). Also, the champ is only granting you +1 attack in close combat, whereas having an additional CSM will provide the squad with two additional attacks. Of course, with ten men in a squad, you wouldn't be able to have either of your HQ choices riding alongside them. In any case, a champ with a combi-plasma isn't worth the price.

Second, you have no way of dealing with enemy dreads and high toughness models in close combat. Give each champion a power fist. It's practically a default upgrade.

Chosen: Minx/max chosen tend to get wiped out early on, even when in cover. Best to either drop them for the aforementioned changes or else alter the squad a bit. Here are two decent configurations:

Chosen Squad #1
    *5x chosen with plasma guns
    *rhino

Chosen Squad #2
    *8x chosen with IoK
    *2-3x special weapons
    ** champ with fist

Side: I don't have my codex on me, but I believe Chosen are legal options for Bile's Enhanced Warrior. Just something to think about.

Lord: Our Lords are ok, but nothing amazing. You get what you pay for. However, for five points less, you can take a Prince with Wings, Warp Time (or Lash of Submission), and MoS.

Side: You don't need the icon on the Lord, since you have four among your troop choices.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't add the 10th man in the 9 man squads for the space for the HQs like you said. As for the PFs I was floating around with that idea since in combat they would kind beef it w/out power weapon of some kind of strength against Dreads. (Though mine would be S9-10...that's sounding better already) As for the chosen I've had very effective experience with the walking 5 plas. I'll keep the rhino in mind though. The reason for the lord was to give him the suicidal DW (Any 1 on 2d6). As for the icon I just had it in there to fill in points. Once I shuffle around for the PF I'll probably drop it along with his Plasma Pistol. Thanks for all the tips.

+ Reply to Thread