>3000 The final battle begins! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x2)

The final battle begins!

so my friend and i started playing 40k together at the same time in january. he plays generic space marines. over the course of the year we have accumulated a lot of models. we've never played bigger than 1850, and we didn't think we ever would. but alas he is moving 4 hours away, so we decided to have a final battle using as much of our stuff as we could. i don't know exactly how big this will get, but i think he can make over 3000 pts. here is the list i made. keep in mind i am trying to use all the stuff i never bother to include and yet still have a good balance. also, given the sheer volume of models on the table, we have agreed to go with either DoW or pitched battle deployment.

HQ

Abby--275
    jump lord with DLC and MoK--150

the lord i'm using because i so rarely do, he looks cool, and i love to watch him do his thing with 6 attacks on the charge. as for abby, i never get to use him, and he pwns.

Elites

4 terminators--1 Combi melta, 2 combi plasma, 1 HF, 1 PF, 1 CF, 4 champ upgrades, and MoS--220 in a land raider with extra armor--235
    dread with TLAC, DCCW and HF--115
    5 chosen-3 MG and 2 PG in a rhino--185

i normally run a karmoon special, but i've always wanted to do a unit of all champs. i know my friend will use his assault termis in a LR, so i think abby and crew will match up very well against him. the dread is for added anti-rhino/speeder power, and the chosen will outflank and sabotage his preds that will be lurking in the backfield.

troops

8 BZ AC w/PF + icon in rhino- 243
    8 BZ in rhino--203
    7 PM AC w/PF 2 PG in rhino--266
    8 TS and 1 AS w/warptime in rhino--304
    10 CSM w/ PG and LC and IoCG--195

the idea here is to have the BZ spearhead with a squad of PM and TS in support of each one. the two CSM squads will hold objectives and lend long range support. they will also be good against the drop pods that i'm sure will be dropping next to my land raider.

fast

3 bikers w/ 2 MG and MoN--169
    5 raptors AC w/DLC and 2 MG and MoS--180

HS

3 oblits--225
    2 oblits-150
    pred with AC/LC-130

total--3440

i will DS the 2 oblits into wherever they can do the most damage. if they come in early i may put them on the side to take out a tank or dread, but if they come in late i may use the icon to drop them right by my opponent's land raider.

this list gives me 11 las cannons, 2 autocannons, some really great assault troops, and some nice fast melta. at this point total, he will have to put a lot of boots on the ground to make the points, and this favors assault. my strategy then is to open up rhinos early so that i can get into CC as soon as possible. he probably will make Abby his first priority, as he will wipe out his stern guard/assault marines, whatever. this is fine as i will use any opening to get my meltas deep and turn his support units into slag.

so what do you think?

Last edited by uber; November 8th, 2011 at 20:58.
    I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Overall I like your list. I would change a few bits:

Abby--275
    jump lord with DLC and MoK--150

the lord i'm using because i so rarely do, he looks cool, and i love to watch him do his thing with 6 attacks on the charge. as for abby, i never get to use him, and he pwns. I use this configuration too, as I hate the Khorne DW.

Elites

4 terminators--1 Combi melta, 2 combi plasma, 1 HF, 1 PF, 1 CF, 4 champ upgrades, and MoS--220 in a land raider with extra armor--235
    dread with TLAC, DCCW and HF--115
    5 chosen-3 MG and 2 PG in a rhino--185

i normally run a karmoon special, but i've always wanted to do a unit of all champs. i know my friend will use his assault termis in a LR, so i think abby and crew will match up very well against him. the dread is for added anti-rhino/speeder power, and the chosen will outflank and sabotage his preds that will be lurking in the backfield.

I hate Chaos Dreads for the usual reason, and will never use them. I like the Termies, but would lose 3 Champ upgrades for another Terminator.

troops

8 BZ AC w/PF + icon in rhino- 243
    8 BZ in rhino--203
    7 PM AC w/PF 2 PG in rhino--266
    8 TS and 1 AS w/warptime in rhino--304 <Lose warptime - you really don't want to fight with these guys. Use Doombolt as it goes perfectly with the rest of the squad>

the idea here is to have the BZ spearhead with a squad of PM and TS in support of each one. the two CSM squads will hold objectives and lend long range support. they will also be good against the drop pods that i'm sure will be dropping next to my land raider.

CSMs in Rhinos with Havocs if you can - better than the Dread.

fast

3 bikers w/ 2 MG and MoN--169 <lose MoN - too many points for 3 Bikes>
    5 raptors AC w/DLC and 2 MG and MoS--180 <Use PF rather than DLC>

HS

3 oblits--225
    2 oblits-150
    pred with AC/LC-130

total--3440

Have fun, and good luck!

+ Reply to Thread