<2000 1500 all comers for Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

1500 all comers for Tournament

Ok, well it's been a while since I have posted a more serious list for 1500 tournament and thought I would try and get some input. I came across this list while I was working on a list with Abby but taking him and his Terminators out gave me a new perspective on what list I had. Let me know what you guys think.

HQ:
    Lash Prince with wings -155

Troops:
    8x Berzerkers w/Fist Champ. Rhino -243
    8x Berzerkers w/Fist Champ. Rhino -243
    10x CSM w/2x Meltaguns, Rhino -205
    6x Plague Marines w/2x Meltaguns, Rhino -193

Heavy:
    5x Havocs w/4 Autocannons -155
    5x Havocs w/4 Missile Launchers -155

(?)Defiler w/RAC & DCCW -150 OR 4x Terminators w/1x Heavy Flamer, 3x Combi-Melta & 2x Personal Icons on the Berzerkers -150 (?)

The reason for the question of the Terminators or the Defiler is because this FLGS normaly uses the same missions every month and 1 mission has extra battle points for killing you opponents elites. If I don't take the Terminators I am going to automatically give my opponent that battle point, but I think the defiler will work better with the lash prince.

Looking forward to the input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: Good.

Troops: Combimeltas on some of the rhinos can be fun and help open up transports for the berserkers to charge. Upgrade the CSMs to a PF champ and IoCG or IoK. PMs could take a PF champ too or drop their rhino and just take 2 plasmas and they become a decent mid range fire support unit able to sit in cover on a home objective.

Heavy: Not keen on havocs at all as they are a very juicy target with no meatshields. I would take oblits or preds instead but upgrading the troops is more important so save points here. Defiler is fine but should take extra CCW and just fleet into combat if the BC is shot off.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x2)

i don't see anything wrong with the list, but a couple of thoughts:

1. without the defiler you will be screwed in a DoW deployment for the first turn
    2. i generally like to have a little bit of plasma support in case i get matched up with an elite terminator list. you could add plasma by giving you PM plasma guns instead of melta, or you could drop a squad of havocs for 2 oblits.

that's about it.
    I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

Thanks for the input. I see your point on the lack of plasma, so here is a though. I think I will go with the Defiler and I can drop the Missile Havoc squad for a 4-man Terminator squad with a Heavy Flamer and 3 Combi-Plasmas, give the Berzerkers Icons, and throw a Combi-Bolter on the CSM Rhino.

The reason I won't drop the Havocs for the Oblits is because I feel that I need the extra number of shots. The Oblits can work well but I think I would need more then just 2 of them to work well.
    Last edited by Col. Dracus; November 15th, 2011 at 22:21.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I understand your logic with the Havocs, but worry that Blast templates will crush them too quickly. I really would lose the Autocannon squad for 2x Obliterators.

I also think your CSMs really need a Champ with a Fist. You could lose 1x PM and 1x Berzerker to pay for this.

I like Defilers both find their in-built compromise a real pain. Yes the cannon is very useful, but hiding them in cover just to shoot one cannon seems a waste of points. Without cover they die far too quickly......

However, you might only get your Terminators on round 5, so maybe the Defiler is still the way to go.

+ Reply to Thread