Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Right, I am a 'nid player and hate getting most of my guys insta-killed from bolters and other puny weapons (why t3! Why!) So I have decided to become a traitor of the Imperium. Well lets get started currently I have a Pred, 10 man squad, a rhino, and a csm lord. I love my rhino, recently played in a 15,000 pt apoc game and he was shrugging off everthing that was shot at it, opposing team had two baneblades as well. O.o, right back to topic. I need help in making a 1500 pt list and I need help:
1) Is this a good start?
2) What could/ should be added to my list?
3) Would it be good to have another pred and a defiler?
Blood to the blood god!
1) This is a good start, though to get the two needed troop choices you'd need to split the 10 man squad, so another troop choice is a must, as is a Rhino for them.
2) As has been said, another troop choice and rhino is needed, I would personally go with some Khorne Berzerkers. I don't know how your lord is outfitted, but he is meant to be in close combat, so stick him with a group of 8 Berserkers in a Rhino and have fun. In fact, I'd get the Chaos Battleforce and an extra Rhino; then you'd have the Berzerkers, an extra fifteen Marines, two Rhinos, and a few Possessed (most hate them, but I love them, though I do admit they need to be fixed) to play around with. Kit out the Berzerkers with a champ and power fist, give the squad of Chaos Marines meltaguns, and you're set. You can even spread out the Possessed bits if you want to make either a group of ten Possessed or ten Chosen by splicing them with five of the Chaos Marines.
3) If you're running Predators, you'll need multiples because they aren't the toughest things on the board, and as your main anti-tank, they are primary targets for your foes. If you can spare the cash (especially if you do what I suggest above) then buy a second Predator AND a Defiler. Besides being a close combat monster and all the love that comes with a battle cannon mounted on a fleeting walker, it's a big scary fire magnet that will keep shooting away from your transports and Predators, allowing you to take out the enemy's armour and move your troops into position.
4) Welcome to the dark side, we accept Visa, Mastercard, and your eternal soul and obedience. Mwahahahaha!
Thanks for the advice. My soul is for the chaos gods to play with. Lol. I was exactly thinking of buying a defiler and a pred. The pred right now has bolters and auto cannon which I enjoy because I can still pop vehicles and dreads with it and it also makes a good anti-inf. The other one I was thinking was to have it out fitted with las-cannons. Also I was thinkig of running a twentyman possesed squad in a Land Raider( if thats even possible). Most likely for $h!t$ n giggles. Lol. Also what should I outfit the defiler with?
Land Raider can only carry ten models, five if they're in Terminator model. So as much as I would love to watch 20 Possessed pour out of a Land Raider, it will never be. I'll simply stick with my twenty Possessed pouring out of my two Land Raiders Most competitive people will tell you to never use Possessed as they are too expensive and too unreliable with their special rules, but if you're a player who plays for fun and fluff, go nuts. I personally outfit mine with the Mark of Khorne and stick an unmarked Chaos Lord with a Daemon Weapon in with them; nothing but strength 5 hits, tons of attacks, and a 5+ invulnerable all the way around. Expensive, but deadly.
As for the Defiler, replace the heavy flamer with the extra close combat weapon (it's free, the flamer is too short ranged, and you get an extra attack) and either keep the autocannon or replace it with another free close combat weapon. The reasoning is that, while you are able to move the Defiler and shoot the battle cannon in the same turn, you can ONLY shoot the battle cannon, as it's ordnance. The reaper autocannon is simply backup for when and if the enemy manages to blow off the battle cannon. On the other hand, if you keep moving the Defiler up as you fire the cannon, by the time it's gone you should be in charge range, so the extra close combat arm becomes excellent. Either way, it's up to you, and your Defiler will remain a relatively cheap 150 points either way.
As for the Predators, I'd keep heavy bolter sponsons, and then depending on what you're facing most go either autocannon or lascannon (infantry and monstrous creatures = autocannon, heavily armoured vehicles (Land Raiders, Leman Russes, Monoliths) = lascannon). Don't go with daemonic possession upgrade for Predators or Rhino's, it's too expensive, and the Rhino is too easily penetrated and the loss of BS skill on the Predator is too costly. Feel free to possess your Land Raiders or Vindicators though, as Land Raider weapons are twin-linked and the Vindicator scattering an extra inch isn't too big of a deal.
Thanks for everything Maruis. I now have a good idea for a list.
Buy the Battleforce. As has been said, you need at least two Troops choices, though at 1500pts you should be fielding four.
The Battleforce will give you your second CSM squad. If you have two squads, do one with 2x Meltaguns and the other with 2x Plasmaguns. Don't give them heavy weapons. Both need Champs with Power Fists (not Power Weapons).
The Berzerkers make a good third Troops squad. Buy them a Rhino too.
If you use three of the Possessed bodies, heads and legs, you can make nice looking Champions for all three squads.
That will leave 2 CSM bodies, so you could make another Berzerker to fill out the squad.
With another Possessed body you can make another Lord or a Sorcerer with Wings.
For anti-tank I would buy 2+ Obliterators first.
Good hunting and welcome to Chaos <A new codex should arrive next year too!>