<2000 2000 point Typhus tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point Typhus tourney list

So i am kinda new to chaos and bee reading codes past couple nights. really like the guy typhus and in kno not alot of people like him because not eternal warrior and what not. but him being nurgle and me love plague marines so much here is a list i came up with to play in my next tournament in jan. please give your comments like you would any other list and let me know what i should change before i play in this tourney

Hq:
    Typhus

Daemon Prince
    -wings
    -slanesh
    -lash

Troops:
    7 plague marines X3
    -champ
    -PF
    -c. weapon
    -plasma
    -melta
    -rino

Elites:
    4 Termies
    -champion
    -2 combi weapons
    -H. flamer
    -chainfist
    -L. Claws
    -M. of slanesh

Heavy Support:
    2 Oblits

2 Oblits

Landraider

Summoned Greater Daemon

1998 points

Ok so set up would be something like this... all the plague marines in rino's either sitting near the objectives or moving up 12 and popping smoke to get into range. typhus would be with the sqaud of 4 termies in the landraider also either moving 6" and shoting 2 lascannons or just going all out 12 and popping smoke to get into assault hopefully. i can either deepstrike 1 sqaud of oblits or keep them both on the table depending on what the mission call for. the summoned deamon is an Ace up the sleave if im running into trouble with my termie sqaud then my champion bites it and i get a huge monstrous creater to rain down and annihilate anything near me that assault the Slaanesh with lash is always usefull when following the landraider, pulling a sqaud close so that the units inside can assault them, even if the prince wants some action too.

so let me know what you guys think. and remember its my first chaos list. id like to try out in a tourney so anything is helpful

Last edited by collegeguy537; December 30th, 2011 at 08:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Typhus is fun but not competetive for the points, he can still be instantkilled by a PF. I would drop him for an extra terminator and 190 points or so to spend on the list. A Nurgle warptime prince could be useful. Lash princes are good but can be killed early so a lash sorceror in a nice tough PM unit could last longer. Greater daemons are fine but you loose a 63 point model to bring them out (or a 45 point termie).

Elites: IoS is not worth it for 3 models who don't have grenades so attacking into cover is a waste. Take 5 termies with IoK or IoT.

Troops: Don't mix special weapons, Take 2 units with pairs of meltas and one with 2 plasmas. Consider combimeltas on the rhinos.

Heavy: Good. A unit Icon in a PM squad could help with deepstriking to bring in more TL-Melta/Plasma in close range firefights.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Listen to Madcat, him talk much good sense! I don't agree regarding Slaaneshi Termies though, as their increased Initiative does really help win Assaults.

Forget the Summoned Daemon and Typhus in competetive games.

Also forget the Combi-Bolter for the PMs. Put extra Bolters or Combis on the Rhinos. If you want weapons for the Champs, use Plasma Pistols instead (FNP really helps here).

If you want Lash, as Madcat said, join a unit of PMs, or use 4 Termies and have a Sorcerer with them in the Raider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I changed up the list alittle and played against guard but I don't have the list on me so forgive some of threw point values.

Lord
    Termie armor
    Nurgle
    Man reaper

Price
    Nurgle
    Wings
    Warp time

8 plague marines x2
    Champ
    pf
    Melta
    Plasma
    Icon
    rino

8 korne bazerkers
    Champ
    Of
    Icon

5 chosen
    Champ
    4 meltas
    Rino

3 termies x2
    Champ
    3 c.melta

Landraider

2 oblits
    2 oblits

So lord goes with bazerkers termies DS maybe prince too and chosen come in on threw table edge and blow stuff up. I used this list and it did very well.

Let me kno what you guys think. I might make the lord without termie armor and add another zerker?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince shouldn't deep strike, ever. Wings and T6 should get him engaged quickly without too much harm.

Also, get the Berzerkers a Power Fist. It's the best point investment in a Chaos army for 25 points, really. Throw the Champions from the chosen and from the termies to save the points if you don't have them.

Hope I helped.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Summoned Greater Daemons can work really well for the price, you just have to plan on what champ you want them to come out of. They are harder to kill then a D.Prince if you get them in combat with a Dreadnaught or anything that requires your Invul save. In your 2nd list (if you still want one) you can have him come out of the Zerker Champ as you have not given him a P.Fist, it is not as much of a points hit (36 rather than the 40+ from your first list). Also something that can save you a few points is that you don't need a champ on your Terminators, 10 points for 1 more attack is not really worth it unless your going balls out with IoK, and Twin L.Claws. Also 3 terminators is too few to DS reliably. They will more likely then not just show up, shoot once, and die the next turn. It's too many points for 3 melta shots. I do like the Chosen, they are a fun unit to out flank with! If you put the Lord with the Berzerkers I would take off the Terminator Armor, it will prevent them from preforming a Sweeping Advance, and you don't want to waste that opportunity. Just last night I swept a Farseer and Seer Council on bikes because I was able to sweeping advance after I multi-assaulted them and some Fire Dragons. Without the Sweeping Advance it would have taken all game to kill them.

1 point of interest that you mentioned in your first post. Chaos Land Raiders can not move 6" and fire both Lascannons as they took away our "infernal device" in 4th Ed.

+ Reply to Thread