<2000 1100 points Deamonzilla competitive list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points Deamonzilla competitive list

Hello I want to make an all-round competitive list using as many MC as possible so here is my list:

HQ

KoS/Soporific Musk 220

Troops

8 Daemonettes of Slanesh 112

Heavy Support

1 Daemon Prince/Iron Hide/MoN/Cloud of Flies 145

Total: 991
    What do you think guys can this list be competitive?

Sorry of the misleading title

Last edited by MrRe-roll; December 30th, 2011 at 11:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Add Pavine rather than Musk as it in effect can give the daemon princes fleet by dragging enemy units closer to them.

Troops: They are very vulnerable, Horrors or PBs are better.

Heavy: All good but add gaze and Nox maybe. I would take 1-2 Nurgle princes and 1-2 With MoT + Bolt as you have little antitank and opening rhinos is important.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

4. ThanksTheNightbringer thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is that PB and Horrors won't do enything in the whole game. The main problem of this list is a swarm list. Daemonettes can pretty much handle them and under the right circumstances emerge victorious from the fight with 20 Orks/Termagaunts/Guardsmen and can also destoy vehicles. Horrors can shoot when they DS but with BS3 they won't kill that many models plus they are expensive. As for the PB yes they won't die easily but they are far too slow and they will struggle to kill even guardsmen in CC.

Anyway I tried to alter the list and here is what I've got:

LIST A

HQ

KoS/Pavance 225

Troops

5 Horrors/Bolt of Tzeentch 95

Heavy Support

1 Daemon Prince/Iron Hide/MoN/Noxious Touch/Cloud of Flies 150
    1 Daemon Prince/Iron Hide/MoN/Noxious Touch/Cloud of Flies 150
    1 Daemon Prince/Iron Hide/MoT/Bolt of Tzeentch 170

Total: 1000

LIST B

HQ

KoS/Pavance 225

Troops

6 Plaguebearers 90
    6 Plaguebearers 90
    5 Plaguebearers 75

Heavy Support

1 Daemon Prince/Iron Hide/MoT/Bolt of Tzeencth 170

Total: 990

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Don't forget that all your Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons are Monstrous Creatures and therefore may use two shooting "spells" per turn, at the same target unless the Tzeentch-marked DPs have the Legion upgrade. You could drop the slightly unreliable Keeper and field a cheap(ish) Lord of Change (3+ Invulnerable save, better than Iron Hide) with Bolt and the evil glancing/no armour save template spell I can never remember the name of for about 250, or add Master of Sorcery for 10 extra and add Doombolt for a nightmare shootybeast that usually knackers the enemy's best unit on his arrival then jumps about shooting with all three spells then assaulting immediately after.

This mentalist is really fluffy and usually comes to about 290 points but is well worth it and you can have two, leaving you points for extra scoring packs of Horrors that are ace with ranged spells that they can use on arrival AND a useful 4+ Invulnerable save that I find gets them through at least two or three turns. If the enemy assaults the Horrors (which they will given how nasty Horrors are in firefights), the Lords come to the rescue. This turns objectives into meat grinders that you're highly likely (in my experience with the above models) to win. In KP games the Lords usually smash everything they run into, leaving your weaker Troops to last that much longer. It's the old one-two sketch that fifth ed 40k is ace for.

These are just my ideas that work for me. Keepers are very good dedicated assault monsters but given your low number of models, he's likely to be picked off in short order. The DPs are also a good idea but they're underused without all the kit, then they become almost as expensive as a Greater. Plaguebearers excel at holding objectives or keeping assaulting enemy units busy, then anyone with sense will hit them with templates or high S weapons. You will end up with quite a high number of monsters (you can never have too many mind you-I use 3 Dreads and 3 Defilers in my CSM list and five or so in my Tyranid Drop list) to compensate for this, giving you the old one-two punch that works so well at all levels.

Ask someone if you can proxy your trial lists against them and give them a whirl and keep us posted.
    Last edited by adamwelton; December 31st, 2011 at 10:31.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

+ Reply to Thread