<2000 1500 Points Daemons (Need Daemon Prince Advice) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Points Daemons (Need Daemon Prince Advice)

Here's what I've got so far:

Herald of Tzeentch
    Chariot, Master, Legion, Bolt 110

Herald of Tzeentch
    Chariot, Master, Legion, Bolt 110

Flamers X3 105

Bloodcrushers x3
    all options 160

Bloodcrushers x3
    all options 160

Plaguebearers x5 75

Plaguebearers x5 75

Horrors x10 170

Horrors x10
    Changling 175

This brings me to my two Daemon Princes and 360 points remaining. I want to field them with the same options, and I have two ideas:

Prince
    Wings, Might, Daemonic Gaze 180 (Jump around and crack open tanks, shooting option)

-or-

Prince
    MoN, Iron Hide, Might, Aura of Decay 180 (A little slower but a lot tougher to take down, Aura of Decay to take out the low toughness squads inside the tanks, I play against a lot of low toughness armies so this shouldn't be a problem)

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dp with wings is a must. Dg isnt the best way to pop tanks. you want to take mot and bolt and gaze. 4+ inv and str 8 ap 1 shot at bs 5 cant go wrong. u have a few points u can shave for it. I always run 3 dp like that. very very nasty to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't planning on using Gaze on the tanks, that's what Might was for. I would be flying to tanks and attacking them in close combat. Gaze just gives the princes something to do on the turn they arrive or something to shoot with if they aren't close enough to charge.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Kugath is an absolutely superb HQ choice as he's completely mental at everything. He doesn't fly but take a look at how hard he is. The fat bugger just sits there pooing out Nurglings and lobbing them at everyone. He's expensive but dynamite and often takes the pressure off the rest of your army.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flying your dp around to smash tanks can work till u go agaisnt fast attack tank then u need 6s to hit. I play against a lot of ig and ba and de. So bot works wonders and gaze can do damage to tanks if faced right its 4 shots a turn at bs 5 u cant go wrong with it and with an in of 4+ u have a better chance to keep your dp alive is all im getting at. I like to run alot of ms in my list i love to look at people face when they have 3 dps and 2 bloodthirster charge a grp of something it quite funny face u see when u do it lol. everything has wings so u have a 18inch attack range but with the bolt and gave u have a 36inch shooting range

+ Reply to Thread