<2000 Slaanesh/tzeentch 1750 friendly list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh/tzeentch 1750 friendly list

Hi guys, trying out this list next week hope to get some feedback. i'll probably play against space wolves/necrons and maybe eldars. I'm just trying to get a kinda fluffy/effective list without spamming units i don't like. here's da army:

HQ:
    Daemon prince 185
    wings/MoT/doombolt/bolt of change

ELITES
    6 termies 255
    1 reaper autocannon/IoS/2 pairs of lightning claws/ 1 chainfist

Dreadnought 105
    multi melta/ hvy flamer

TROOPS
    8 noise marines 200
    all with sonic blasters
    Rhino with havoc launcher 50

8 thousand sons 231
    including an aspiring sorcerer with doombolt
    Rhino/havoc launcher 50

8 marines 190
    including an aspiring champion with PF/ melta and IoS
    Rhino 35

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Predator 150
    hvy bolters sponsons/ twin linked lascannon turret/ havoc launcher

Predator 145
    lascannons sponsons/ havoc launcher

2 oblits 150

I'd like to drop the oblits but...i think i can use their help. maybe take a sorcerer with lash with the termies, but i plan to paly them on foot, shooting and couter attacking melee units. not sure if the sorcer is worse the cost in that disposition. anyways, all advices welcome! cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Mixing the weapons on the Preds is a waste of points as your weapons not be used to their full potential every turn. Heck and for the points difference you would probably be better off dropping the TL-Lascannon for another Terminator with a Combi-Weapon. I can also understand wanting Doombolt and BoC on the prince but the Doombolt is wasted on vehicles and the BoC is not as good (for it's points) on infantry. But if you want 2 shooting powers on the Prince I would suggest Wind of Chaos and BoC as they both work on vehicles, Wind works great on infantry, and neither will allow an armor save on infantry.

Everything else looks good. But if you want the Chaos Dice Gods to simile upon you, you may want to take the cult troops in their gods chosen #.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, thanks for your opinions. I like your ideas on the DP, seems quite good to give him WoC instead of doombolt indeed. About the predators, i think i like them that way for a few reasons. first of all, i think that this composition allows both predators to be anti tank and anti infantry tanks. both of them do not suffer frome the "destroyed weapon" syndrome. and they both will not hesitate to move during the game: moving 6' allows only one weapon to shoot so the tl lascannons while be quite useful that way, and i really don't mind "losing" a tl lascannon shot on infantry unit while shooting with double hvy bolters/havoc launcher on it. well it's my opinion i guess, but the main reason is that my preds acts boths as anti infantry and anti tanks units potentially, while a full annihilator pred and a full destructor pred for example, while be easier targets for anti tanks units in my opponents army to shut down: "this pred can kill my raiders/big tank, let's shoot him, while the other cannot do crap to my armour".
    anyways, i like the comment on the god chosen number btw: so if i drop 2 noise marines to act as a (un)holy 6 man squad, adds another kson to act as a 9man squad and drop a oblit: i can take the 20extra points for the psychic power for the deamon prince and add a 6 "man" squad of deamonettes. leaving a few extras points even, for personnal icons probably ^^.
    how'bout that?

+ Reply to Thread