<2000 Good Against MEQ 2000 Point List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Good Against MEQ 2000 Point List

I tweeked an old list I had and tried it out tonight. I played against 1000 points of White Scar Marines and 1000 points of Blood Angels. I lost 8 Flamers, 3 Bloodletters and 3 Pink Horrors, while I annihilated my opponents in 4 rounds. Here it is:

1 Fateweaver, HQ, 333 points
    2 Daemon Prince's, Heavy, MoT, Bolt, Gaze, Hide, 380 points
    8 Pink Horrors, Troops, Bolt, Changling, 151 points
    8 Pink Horrors, Troops, Bolt, 146 points
    2 Herald of Tz, HQ, Chariot, Bolt, Sorcery, Legion, Soul Dev, 260 points
    3 Flamers, Elites, No Gifts, 105 points
    6 Bloodletters, Troops, Fury, 106 points
    7 Bloodletters, Troops, Fury, 122 points
    1 Soul Grinder, Heavy, Tongue, Phlegm, 185 points
    1998 points

This list has a bit of everything vital to kill MEQ's. It has 7 Bolts of Tzeentch, 5 Daemonic Gaze, 10 Breath of Chaos and Rending to hurt all Mechs. My waves were as such:
    Wave 1= Fateweaver, Soul Grinder, 1 Daemon Prince, both Pink Horrors, and both TzChariots.
    Wave 2=Both Bloodletters, the 3 Flamers and the other Daemon Prince.
    In my game, I got my preferred wave. I tried to bring my units down close to Fateweaver. The idea is to open up any Transports with the Bolts in the first wave so when your Flamers come down in subsequent rounds, they have squishy targets. It worked so well, that by the 2nd round, I had killed all of the Blood Angels except a Captain and a Drop Pod. They were dead by round three. About 25% of the units I lost were the result of rhinos exploding near me and wounding me. Once the BA's were nearly dead, I turned on the Marines. Soul Grinder thinned out the White Scar bike squad. By this time, my Bloodletters were down and hunting. Between Flamers thinning numbers and the Bloodletters, the White Scars had no hope. It was a slaughter. Before giving me the gears on giving my TzChariots Soul Devourer, I had trouble with MEQ's attacking my Chariots and me wishing I had a power weapon to even things out a bit. My chariots didn't see combat in this game, but in an abreviated version of this list played in a different game, I was glad I had them! And no, I don't miss Crushers or Fiends in this list either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Just check your chariots are legal. I don't think you can have soul dev and MoS + Legion. No codex with me at the moment but I thought you couldn't get them all on the same model. Perhapse I dreamt it.

Other than that all looks fine. I don't bother with hide on a MoT prince with a 4++ save already.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

You know, in all the years I've played Daemons I never noticed that the Chariot can only have three pieces of Gifts excluding the Chariot upgrade. I never used Soul Devourer anyway. I'd put the points to an icon or something. Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

A bit of an update, I used this revised list (I took an Icon on my Horrors instead of the Soul Devourers on the Chariots) and absolutely smoked a Tyranid player with it. In all, I lost 2 units of Flamers and that's it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Yea, otherwise I think just about everyone would put Icons on our Chariots. If you don't mind losing some firepower, it's still not a bad option, but you just can't have it all. =P
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    Yea, otherwise I think just about everyone would put Icons on our Chariots. If you don't mind losing some firepower, it's still not a bad option, but you just can't have it all. =P
    Pretty much. Outside of a super competitive game, I actually prefer to run my chariot as Bolt+Icon+Soul dev. Just run around zapping tanks as this way I'm not wasting the shooting of the basic horrors.
    Soul devourer is a really nasty surprise for most opponents - no one expects a WSpoop Tzerharld to be any kind of a threat in combat!

+ Reply to Thread