<2000 1750 Points Vs Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Points Vs Imperial Guard

HQ
    Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour with Combi-Melta, Chainfist, Mark of Tzeentch 155

Elites
    5 Terminators w/4 combi-meltas, chainfist, HF 190
    4 Terminators w/3 combi-meltas, chainfist 155 (Lord goes here)

Troops
    6 PMs w/2 Meltaguns, Personal Icon, Rhino, DB 203
    6 PMs w/2 Meltaguns, Rhino 193

Heavy Support
    2 Obliterators 150
    2 Obliterators 150
    2 Obliterators 150

The plan is simple. Plague Marines are trying to come closer to the enemy to pop tanks/charge infantry (guardsmen are not a real threat in close combat-with T5 and FNP I doubt that they are going to kill a single model of mine). Oblits will mostly attack the enemy's ranged anti-tank (Vendettas, Heavy Weapon Teams etc.) and/or things that can really harm my infantry, such as Basilisks, Medusas etc.. The Terminators will Deep Strike in, hopefully popping some heavy tanks, such as Leman Russes and, if they survive, the slaughter party will begin (Heavy Flamer+Chainfists=WIN!). If not, 4 mobile Plague Marine squads and 6 obliterators should be able to handle mech IG. If I face an infantry-based IG army (you know-those 30-50 guardsmen blobs with comissars and heavy weapon support), I will use plasma cannons with my oblits to instantly-kill heavy weapon platforms and, Plague Marines and Terminators will deal with the infantry blobs.
    So, what do you guys say? Any change I should/could make? Do you like my HQ selection or would Sorcerers/Daemon Princes perform better? Any Troop/Heavy Support change? Should I add aFast Attack units to help with objectives? Thoughts and criticism are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Looks fine but you don't need the Lord. Termies will win the combat and you are just paying 155 points for the melta shot at +1BS and an extra attack. Get a lash prince to drag victim units arround into charge range or compact blob squads for plasma cannon shots. Even if the prince dies to 7 lascannon shots it will have kept 6 PMs alive doing so which is more than the lord will achieve.

Combimeltas on all rhinos in place of 2 DBs too. This will force him to divert firepower into empty rhinos or risk loosing a tank which should help out the PMs.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

4. ThanksTheNightbringer thanked for this post.
    LikeTheNightbringer liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG isn't the endless hordes of lasguns that it used to be. These days you will be facing twin linked autocannons, Leman Russ with 5 plasma cannons aimed by Pask, more meltaguns than you can field, multilasers, all that are either in cover or in tanks and transports. I haven't had a lot of luck against good IG players since their new 'dex. Bad players I can still wipe off the board. One player in our circle here plays IG and he is also a military combat strategist in the armed forces, so he knows how to best swing the hammer of the corpse emperor. Good luck.
    The Emperor died ten thousand years ago.

6. LikeTheNightbringer liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread