<2000 1500 Torny List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Torny List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Torny List

Daemon Prince-160
    Mark of Teezentch
    Bolt of Change
    Gift of Chaos

Wings

Ahriman - 250

Troops

9 Thousand sons - 267
    Warptime
    Mounted in
    Chaos rhino - 35

10 Khorne Beserkers-320
    Skull Champion
    Power Weapon
    2 Plasma Pistols
    mounted in
    Chaos Rhino-35

10 Khorne Beserkers-320
    Skull Champion
    Power Weapon
    1 Plasma Pistol
    mounted in
    Chaos Rhino-35

Heavy Support

1 Oblit - 75

1 Oblit - 75

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, Just wanted to point out that the point values you are calculating your list for are Very innacurate. Below is your list with it's appropriate values:
    DP- 205
    MoT,BoC,WoC,Wings
    Ahriman- 250

9x Tsons- 304
    Warp time.Rhino

10x Zerkers - 305
    Champ with PW, 2x plasma pistol, Rhino

10x Zerkers -290
    Champ with PW, 1x Plasma pistol, Rhino

1x oblit- 75
    1x oblit- 75

total: 1504

Next: there are definetely a few changes that need to be made in order for this list to be ready for a tournament. Unfortunately this will involve cutting out a large portion of your army. First things first: T-sons are a VERY expensive unit for the limited amount of purpose they posses. Drop them. Second: your zerkers are too bulky and too expensive; chop them down to 2 squads of 8 with a champ w/ PF and a rhino. Third: Ahriman is also VERY expensive and is fairly fragile, and for 250 points, is going to be a weight on your ankle come the day of the tournament, so drop him. Finally: Your DP suffers from the same affliction as your zerkers. Although i probably seem hypocritical right now, shave off some points by cutting wind of chaos off.

After shaving off all of the unneeded fat, we have approximately 690 points to work with. In order to maximize the potential for your list, your going to have to dig into the good old bland plaguies and dp's . You could buy a second DP with the same load out for 175 leaving 515 points. Next I would buy 2 squads of 7 plague marines with 2x melta guns each, and rhino. Each squad is 216 points leaving a total of 82 points to spend. I would buy another oblit with this just to add to your support, leaving you with another 7 points to spend with as you please.

Sorry for the total revamp, and good luck in the tourny!
    Last edited by Foraker; April 8th, 2012 at 22:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont worry dude as long as it helps me in the torny i dont care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in a recent tournament, I actually used a very similar list, and it did fairly well. No chance of standing up to GK's and the like, but any mech based forced had some trouble. if you can include a variety of forces in your army, your opponent will have a much more difficult time trying to defeat you, in that a varied force requires a variety of counters.
    Anything else you need just post a quick question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a quick question what tactics do you recommend to play with the above revamped list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on who you are facing, but a good rule of thumb is to keep your force spilt down the middle, maybe 12 inches apart. This counters the general shooty army that will split into two forces at oposite corners of the board and pelt you, and it also allows a much mre maneuverable force. a block of zerkers and a squad of pm's will be devastating to let slip by unharmed, but on the other hand, DP's are just nasty. This gives your opponent too many threats, and thus wins you games. There are onl two real ways to counter deploy this: To start everthing in reserve, or to make a castle wall. In the later situation, you're going to want to rush upfront with your big scary DP's and buy the gulk of your army time to catch up. if you're oponent notices you trying to bait him into killing DP's make use of his ignorance and blow up his vehicles. Eitherway, this flanking tactic is pretty good in a general situation. Also if i were to give you a tip, Stick to what you're good at. By this i mean don't try to outshoot an assault oriented army. Although this may help, it won't win you the game. For instance, if you play smart and charge a unit of zerkers into a mob of, lets say 30 boys, one would expect the boyz to arrise triumphant, however all to often i see the zerkers tieing combat, or even winning.

Any way Good luck in the tourny and, once more, any follow up questions let me know

[Edit]: Sorry I just realized a mistake i made when calculating the best use for your final 82 points. I would buy some upgrade for units, such as personal icons, as having a no scatter deep striking zone for oblits will be amazingly useful. This would spend 20 pnts off your 822, so you could pop another 40 into combi meltas for your rhinos. 4 melta shots can definitely put a dent into any vehicle encountered. this leaves 22 points to spend as you will!
    Last edited by Foraker; April 9th, 2012 at 23:01.

+ Reply to Thread