[1000] Tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1000] Tzeentch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Tzeentch

1000 point army list

Troops

8 thousand sons with bolters 192 pts
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer armed with bolt pistol and power weapon 34 pts
    226 points
    8 thousand sons with bolters 192 pts
    1 aspiring sorcerer with bolt pistol, power weapon, and wind of chaos 54 pts
    246 pts

HQ

Chaos Lord with powerfist, ccw, demonic mutatitions, and terminator armor mark of tzeentch 136 pts
    Elites

5 Rubric terminators with power weapons and combi bolters 210 pts

Heavy Support

Dreadnought with twin linked lascannon, and mutated hull

983 points total

OR

HQ

Chaos lord with terminator armor, demonic mutations, powerfist, mark of tzeentch, 4 tralls (for the wounds, 4 wounds for 20pts is CHEAP, I can do this right?)
    155 points

Troops

8thousand sons with bolters
    Aspiring Sorceror with power weapon and wind of chaos
    246 points

8 thousand sons with bolters
    Aspiring Sorcerer with power weapon and bolt of change
    256 points
    Hvy Support

Dreadnought with twin linked lascannon
    125 points

782 total points

I don’t know what to add, would a predator with heavy bolters and a twin linked lascannon or some close combat guys be better? I won't be facing many tanks, but if the dread dies im screwed. I need things that are resistant to low strength weapons, and can kill lots of one of these four... lots of guardians, howling banshees, pathfinders, or regualr CSM.

Thanks for the advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminators shouldnt be in a 1000pt list, you should take them out and get another squad of Thousand sons. And when you play as Tzeentch you should have some Psychic Powers on that lord. (in my opinion)

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about possessed? I need cc really bad, or else howling banshees that my friend has will kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your not gonna beat banshees by overpowering them, you have to kill them with numbers lol. Or by shooting them down before they get to you... The second one is the more prefered :p You could use PCSM, and if you do, I would suggest giving a few of them Wind of Chaos Gotta love that Power. Or you could give them Gift of Chaos, and Turn his Banshees against him lol.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Use the second list. Don't use termies unless the list is bigger than 1500. If he's going to come to you get some flamers of tzeentch. Eldar will have lots of models, and those flamers are nasty against numerous foes... :cool:
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Use the second list. Add some horrors and flamers and then add a predator with lascannons, never use terminators, and you don't need close combat ability - just blow the banshees away, they're only toughness 3 and don't like bolters. Thousand sons fight like normal marines in combat, not with initiative one in the new rules, so they can now take guardians, farseers and warlocks in combat after blowing them away. And you can still charge if you shoot with a rapid fire weapon on thousand sons so you can shoot and then charge which is devastating. Check out the balanced list I'm about to add to the army list forums, as it's similar to this one but i've found a way to make everything fit in and it's still nasty!
    Last edited by Lordofchange; June 13th, 2005 at 17:44.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also suggest not useing the terminators and putting in a lascannon pred. T sons lack in anti-tank. give your lord wind of chaos. also I would try and give all the sorcerrors in the army one roll on the tzeentch minor phyker table, that way you might roll a 4 and get that invaluable re-rolls, there are some other ok ones too.
    "That is the sound of inevitability"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah woah woah... TS fight like normal marines now!? OH man! I must have missed that FAQ... or missed that memo.. that is wicked good news lol, man I feel so out of the loop lol.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

It wasn't in an FAQ. Have a looky at page...74 and 75 of your rulebook, special rules and veteran skills. At the top of 74, it says that "these rules replace the ones of the same name in any relevant codex" or something like that, and under slow and purposeful it says nothing about them being initiative 1! The manager at my local store put up the feeble argument that the "initiative one part isn't in the same paragraph in the chaos codex so it doesn't count" so he forced me to use initiative 1 thousand sons for ages. Ass.
    Theres also the fantastic thing in the rulebook that cavalry can now fleet! Which means my lord with daemonic speed could move 24" a turn!!! Yay!
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

+ Reply to Thread