[1800] chaos undivided - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1800] chaos undivided

i have finally settled on a build for my chaos that seems just funky, and tough enough.

HQ
    lieutenant pf bolt pistol MoCU infiltrate
    - 6 chosen bodyguard melta 2x MoCU infiltrate

lieutenant pf bolt pistol MoCU infiltrate
    - 6 chosen bodyguard melta 2x MoCU infiltrate

ELITE
    3 oblits

TROOPS
    10 CSM MoCU 2 plasma
    -rhino w/ extra armor smoke launcher

10 CSM MoCU 2 plasma
    -rhino w/ extra armor smoke launcher

5 CSM MoCU lascannon plasma gun infiltrators

5 CSM MoCU lascannon plasma gun infiltrators

HEAVY
    dread tl las ml xtra armor

comes out to 1790

i cant wait to get the few more models i need to field this. 2 more dreads 2 more oblits 1 more rhino. so this is far from cheese right......?

Last edited by chaosspaceface; June 28th, 2005 at 02:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by chaosspaceface
    HQ
    lieutenant pf master craft plasma pistol MoCU infiltrate
    - 6 chosen bodyguard plasma gun 2x MoCU infiltrate

lieutenant pf master craft plasma pistol MoCU infiltrate
    - 6 chosen bodyguard plasma gun 2x MoCU infiltrate
    Nice little infiltration team. Maybe you should switch those 2 plasma guns for 2 meltaguns as they are assault weapons (you can shoot before charging) if you want this squad to get into assault as soon as possible, that way they will also become the tank buster squad by excellence. 2 flamers can be nice too against low toughness horde type armies.

Also, there is no need of the master-crafted plasma pistol on the Lieutenant, the power fist should do enougth damage as it is. 25 pts could be better invested elsewhere.

ELITE
    3 oblits
    Nice, you will love those. More than 3 is, however, considered cheesy and an overkill most of the time by opponents, I will advise against taking more than 3 of those ones as it will draw some player away from your battlefield.

TROOPS
    10 CSM MoCU 2 melta
    -rhino w/ mutated hull extra armor havoc ml

10 CSM MoCU 2 melta
    -rhino w/ mutated hull extra armor havoc ml
    Mutated hull on a rhino is real waste of points as is the havoc missile launcher. Those blow up too easyly to equip them with 55 pts worth of equipment. Give them extra armour and a smoke launcher and send them in the open. They are nothing more than a transport, they offer a protection against small weapon fire and in a certain mesure heavy weapon fire. Anyway, you can have a predator for almost as many points, think about it.

HEAVY
    dread tl las ml xtra armor mutated hull

Again, mutated hull won't do much on those dreadnought. I always found out that this upgrade is only worth it's points when on a predator, an AV of 13 can still be easily be blown up by missile launcher fire and lascannon fire.

The army as a whole look pretty good, even if it lacks in basic troops a little. With all the free points you will be saving you might want to consider taking a squad of Raptors or some Daemons like Furies and Daemonettes. Take at least another squad of CSM and give them all a free Chaos Undivided icon. Take 1-2 squads of Daemons and summon them from the Lieutenant squad or from your squads in the rhinos.

Also taking 3 dreadnought will give a cool look to your army. If you want some diversity you should consider the predator for some good fire power or a defiler for an ordinance blast template. Another squad configuration you might find usefull is the tactical squad: 5 CSM with the MoCU with a Lascannon and a Plasma Gun with the infiltration veteran skill, the tank buster unit by excellence (because you place it after all the heavy weaponry have deployed ).

Anyway have fun and get some more CSM's in that list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good points and obviously taken into account in the update. now this list looks mean.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

ever think about playing iron warriors???

if you like all the heavy, maybe check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Lol I agree, this look like you have the Iron Warriors way of making war without knowing it. 6 Obliterators in an Iron Warrior list without look out of place and 4 heavy support choices are nice to have.

I used to play them and they are really powerfull but the thing that made me change to the Death Guard army is that they are played way too much like an imperial guard army, only they are less and better at shooting. All you do is just seat there shooting all the game and the only move that count is the deployement... Too boring for me, but if shooting is your thing...

About your revised list, I really like the fact that you have 2 Lieutenant in it with their respective retinue. You might want to make them different from each others tho, just to give them character, like making one with a pair of lightning claws and mutation accompanied by a squad of 3 Chosen and 2 Aspiring Champions with power weapons... Devastating... You could also give one of them the mark of one of the gods, Slaanesh have some really cool gifts like the combat drugs and Nurgle also have some good benefits. There is so much to do with those 500 points, you could give that list a lot of character.

Anyway I really like it as it is, it is a fearfull one with a good mix of CC and fire. Also your Basic troops are in good number. You should do well with it and mostly have some good fun eradicating those weakling Xenos and Imperial infidels.
    Last edited by Thyr; June 28th, 2005 at 04:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually this is similar to how i would play imp guard, haha. im not real into the iron warrior thing. for 2500 games i would include raptors and furies and a term squad, i didnt really intend for it to be iron guard ish, its just the local environment is so bastardly what with the demon princes and pure tank imp guard armies. yeah i will defineately change one of the lieutenants, just not sure how i want to yet. im kinda goin back and forth on a 4 man bike squad with one lord. not intending to go for cheese. just strong strong strong. i dont like having wasted points. i play nids and tao too(nids and the meat shield, too often worthless 200 point sink). thanks though. can anyone suggest some tactics for this army. i was already toying with the idea of making a slaneshi biker squad and slaneshi lieutenant, now that would be a monster.
    Last edited by chaosspaceface; June 28th, 2005 at 04:43.

+ Reply to Thread