[1750] SLaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1750] SLaanesh

Junior Member Lord of the slaanshe's Avatar
    on the hard thing at the tip of your fingernail (England, Surry)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1750] SLaanesh

Hey im back again with a smaller list please tell me how you like it

HQ

Chaos lord/ 195
    Termie armour, combat drugs, Dark blade, Deamonic strength, mark of slaanesh, melta bomb, deamonic essence, sorceror with slaanesh minor power has retinue

Elites

6 termies with mark of slaan 2 with blast masters and a deamon icon ( all with sonic blasters) /318

Troops

12 troops with 2 meltta guns and 1 AC with a power fist / 263

12 troops with 2 doom sirens and 1 AC with a power fist /263

12 deamonettes / 180

Fast attack

10 deamonettes on steeds of slaan / 280

Heavy support

Dread with 2 CC wepons mutated hull warp amp and blasphemous rune / 140

Defeiler with indirect fire / 175

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 troops with 2 meltta guns and 1 AC with a power fist / 263

12 troops with 2 doom sirens and 1 AC with a power fist /263
    These units are going to get mowed down by enemy gunfire as they march across the board. Don't get me wrong - they're nice units, they just don't have a way of 'getting there'. I'd drop a mounted Daemonette or two and outfit these two units with a Rhino each.

I'd also break your 12-strong Daemonette unit up into two units of six. Reason being, even six can be overkill on the charge. So you'll want to charge two units, simultaneously, rather than 'charge one, annihilate, get shot up, charge another, annihilate.' By breaking up this unit into two smaller ones, you'll accomplish the same thing in less time, thus freeing your girls up for more destruction. It's also a good idea to have another chance to get some Daemons where you want if your first summoning roll was... inaccurate. This will give you that chance. Lastly, can you even fit 12 Daemonettes in the large blast template???

Otherwise, this list is much better (in my opinion) than your last one.

Good luck.
    -hype
    Last edited by Hyperion703; July 18th, 2005 at 06:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. you can easily fit 12 deamonettes in one blast template plus
    2. they wont get sot up since they will be in cover or use there in vunrable save
    3. why would those units get shot up? they have 3+ saves 4 toughness and will be in cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

4. Once the mounted daemonettes are finished with their first target they will be just as open and fragile as normal daemonettes, for almost twice as many points. Employ a daemon bomb tactic and the regular deamonettes will do just as well for half as many points. It is also a better idea to split them for this reason- once one unit is done, it will be killed. 2 units wil kil more units before being killed. Dropping the mounted daemonettes would be seriously in your favour. Not worth their points IMO.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. they wont get sot up since they will be in cover or use there in vunrable save
    I'm assuming you mean the Daemonettes. Well, they only have a 5+ Inv. save. That's really not a lot of armor. There's a 66% chance that any shot wounding a Daemonette is going to kill it. And cover? Unless you play with a ton of Fortified Structures or Bunkers, the save provided by cover is... well... crap. Case in point, after you get done slaughtering whatever unfortunate unit you put those 12 Daemonettes up against, you're, essentially, out in the open. You will lose around half of that unit in your opponent's next shooting phase. Also, if your opponent is smart, he will have moved even farther away from that unit in the same turn he blasted half of them away, making it that much more difficult to actually get another charge during your turn. Honestly, I'd be surprised if your 12 Daemonettes got more than one charge in during any given game.

Now, let's look at what would, probably, happen if you broke that group up into two units of six. First, you'd get two summoning rolls, and two units to place on the board. Most of the time, these units scatter far enough apart from each other, that you'd be able to reach two of your opponent's units with your six-strong groups of Daemonettes. And believe me, six-strong is enough. Whatever you don't wipe out on the charge that turn will have to take morale checks at -2 or -3 because of the sheer damage you did. Rarely does this not happen.

In either scenario, you should never expect your Daemonettes to live past the second turn they're summoned. If they do, great. But more often than not, they're puny 5+ Inv. armor save just isn't enough.

So, compare. In the first example, you annihilated one opposing unit with your girls. In the second example, you defeated two opposing units (of the same number) with an equal amount of Daemonettes. The choice should be clear.

3. why would those units get shot up? they have 3+ saves 4 toughness and will be in cover
    Marines are tough. They'll usually shake off infantry weapons with ease. But occasionally, they don't. Given that, what is your six-man unit of CSMs going to look like after they've walked the length of the board and engaged your enemy's front line? By this time, it's turn five, and you'll probably have 2-3 marines left in each unit after sustaining four rounds of casualties due to enemy gunfire (the Law of Averages). Meanwhile, the enemy, who largely sat back and shot your advancing marines up, has units of 6-10 models waiting for these unfortunate souls when they do reach them. All I'm saying is, if you give these CSMs a Rhino or Infiltrate, you'll get there on turn 2 or 3 (as opposed to 5), and you'll have the majority of your units with which to fight. A simple rule of thumb is, if you have close-combat troops, you NEED to give them some sort of transportation.

Hope that helps.
    -hype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its good List its a good Idea to have rhinos w/smoke to protect ur troops and give the ac the icon to sumon and make them 2 units of Six for the deamonettes. and 3 units of 6 CSM same weapons so u have options on where to sumon the deamons that Lord with termies can run behind 1 of the rhinos to stop most of the shots and the dread on other side of the board it will take time to master top speed with keeping them in cover and the whole armie will be in cc in round 3 in normal deployment thats my 2 cent take it or leave it i use khorne so it may not suit ur style and remember the fire points for doom sirens sweetness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok fine ill give them infiltrate and what the hell where you on when you said 5 TURNS!!!! unless i like stop to buy a magazine around the board, i move 6, he move 6, i move 6, he move 6, and charge by that time ill already be easily in CC. and how can a unit of 6 girls of do to a 10 man unit of marines or even 5 on average they defeat 4! and thats with a perfect summoning roll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell where you on when you said 5 TURNS!!!! unless i like stop to buy a magazine around the board, i move 6, he move 6, i move 6, he move 6, and charge by that time ill already be easily in CC.
    First off, it's dangerous to assume that your opponent wants to get into CC with you. Have you played against any Tau, Necrons or Imperial Guard lately? Most of their strategy depends on you to come to them. Necrons and IG will move up a bit, but only enough to get their guns into range. If they're smart, they'll back up a bit when you reach 18"-12" out, so you can't charge them. As Tau, it's not even necessary (and probably not very smart) to move very far from your original starting position. Understand that your reasoning is flawed due to your invalid assumption that all armies are going to want to engage you in hand-to-hand.

Secondly, even by your example, the earliest you can assault is turn three. And that's with perfect terrain and no pinning fire - luxuries you rarely have. Call me crazy, but I'm simply not okay with the fact that my CC troops will, essentially, only be useful for half of the game. But if you can justify that to yourself, it's your perrogative.

and how can a unit of 6 girls of do to a 10 man unit of marines or even 5 on average they defeat 4! and thats with a perfect summoning roll
    I'm not entirely clear on what you mean. Apart from the fact that this sentence (or two?) sounds very dirty, summoning rolls have nothing to do with assaults. Daemonettes get three attacks each on the charge. 6x3 = 18. An average of three of those will be "6's" - that's three enemy models dead right there. Of the rest, I normally average another 3-5 dead from wounds. That's six to eight models dead - in one turn. Forget the fact that they probably just made up their points right there alone, because next round, those 2-4 remaining enemy models (on average, remember) will have a hard time making those morale tests.

Just try it out sometime. Compare the amount of killage you do with your one unit of twelve Daemonettes to the amount of killage you do with two groups of six. Bets anyone?

Stay up.
    -hype

+ Reply to Thread