[1500] Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Black Legion

HQ

Lord (Mark of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, BP, D aura, D essence, D strength, D resilience, Collar of Khorne, Feel no pain, Rage of khorne) 171

Elites

3 Obliterators 210

Troops

6 Berzerkers (Mark or Khorne, BP, Khornate Chainaxe) 3 Berzerkers (Mark of Khorne, BP, CCW) AC (Mark of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, BP, Krak Gernades, D Fire, Feel no Pain, Rage of Khorne) 251

10 Bloodletters (Hellblades) 260

Fast Attack

2 Raptors (BP, CCW) Raptor (PP, CCW) Raptor (Meltagun) AC (Lightning Claws) 208

Heavy Support

Land Raider 250

Defiler 150

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is mainly for fighting BA, and sometimes eldar and dark eldar. I'm trying to balance his army out by replacing some stuff with shooting. I also have a bloodthirster and 2 squads of marines with bolters that could be fielded if I had more points to spend. I' m wondering what to get next, and wether or not to upgrade my lord to a sorcerer, to help with the balance issue, and defeating BA. Any other suggestions or comments are also appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops. I meant to type this instead of his at the end of the first line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Alors, un bon liste

First off, at the bottom right of your posts there is an edit button. Use that, as what you've done may be viewed as spamming by some people.

Other than that, not too bad a list. I'd cut down on the Heavy support. A Land Raider isn't really worth it unless you're going to use it to drive a Chosen Terminator bodyguard around- I assume the Lord and Berzerker squad are going to be together, so give them a rhino which will take them there just as quickly and cost a fifth of the points. Give it some upgrades, extra armour is a must on all vehicles (except the defiler, obviously).

Not too much else to say on this, from the armies you're going up against you've put together a nice list but you may have spent a little too much on that extra upgrade here and there that have mounted up to give a sizable part of your points.

One other thing to remember- when coming up against eldar, how are you gonna cope with starcannons?
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list. i would consider dropping the collar of khorne wen not agaist eldar and giving a power fist, because ten strength ten attacks wont go amiss and the you will be able to afford chain axes for the rest of your berserkers.
    maybe even take away 2 blood letters and two berserkers to benefit from "sacred numbers"
    i wouldnt suggest a landraider in this size army.

this would leave you with 342 pts to play around with

i would suggest either: predators
    another berserker squad
    chosen (power or termie)
    bulk out your raptor squad
    a khornate dreadnought (quiver)

but my favourite has to be a khornate possesed squad of 8 with daemonic talons and an aspiring champ with talisman of the burning blood and rage of khorne.
    a possible 4 rending attacks on the charge each and maybe 8 rendig attacks for your aspiring champion!! this is very beardy but very effective.

Hope I helped. good luck with your army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

He can't have sacred numbers- this isn't a WE army, as there are Raptors and Oblitorators present. WE can't have either of these as they canm't have the Mark of Khorne.
    --Monsieur

-Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have spent about 1000 points on stuff that isnt even in your troops selection. Instead of having 500 points of troops and 1000 points of support, you need to balance it out quite a bit. Drop stuff like the LR, the Defiler, maybe the oblits, and spend points on more troops! For cheap, effective anti tank capability, use a predator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Thats a good point Redglare- I noticed there were too many points on random upgrades, missed the fact there was too few points actually spend on troops. Eh eh ehhh.

Also, I would consider what Berrossus said; drop the obliterators and the raptors and you can save a load of points on champions and suchlike making it a 'pure' WE army, and dropping the LR which would free up a lot of points to bulk out your much-ailing troops section.
    --Monsieur

-Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

+ Reply to Thread