[1700]All sonic Emp. Children list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1700]All sonic Emp. Children list

HQ

Lieutenant 75
    +Sonic Blaster
    +Power Weapon
    +Mark of Slaanesh

ELITES

Retinue 135
    Chosen (5, 27 ea.)
    +Sonic Blasters (5)
    +Mark of Slaanesh (5)
    +Aspiring Champion

TROOPS

6x
    Six-Man Noise Marine Squad 154
    +(5) Sonic Blasters
    +(1) Blast Master
    +(6) Marks of Slaanesh
    +Aspiring Champion

HEAVY SUPPORT

2x
    Six-Man Noise Marine Havocs 222
    +(4) Blast Masters
    +(2) Sonic Blasters
    +(6) Tank Hunters
    +(6) Marks of Slaanesh
    +Aspiring Champion

Sonic Predator 119
    +Blast Master
    +Sonic Blaster Side Sponsons
    +Extra Armor
    +Smoke Launcher
    +Search Light

Comments? And don't mention that it's stupid to upgrade a heavy bolter for a sonic blaster, I'm quite aware of that. It's a theme people.

There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

i'm not big on Slaanesh armies but they do hod my respect.

-this one looks pretty good, but don't doubt daemonette's. they are quite nasty for their points.
    -i might also find the points to give the champs powerfists, they come in handy in a pinch.
    -why not a lord??? its 1700 points, you have more than enough points to tool him up

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy tactical hell! That's a lot of firepower! :o

It's a nice list, comrade. And nice theme, too. That Predator is one quality piece of gear. With all the noise, it would put a bumpin' lowrider to shame.

Comments:

1. I'm not sure how your army would fare against a fast attack army. Something like DE would get to your lines and assault your tactical troops with CC warriors - not a healthy prospect for anyone. I'd also worry about Deep Striking, summoning, or any other way an enemy could 'pop up' behind and assault you. In this type of army, you really want to stay as far away from assaults as possible. Your firepower is impressive, though... so maybe if you fired enough shots, you could gun 'em down before they get there.

2. I stopped depending on my Blastmasters to take out heavily-armored threats a long time ago. Occasionally a blast penetrates and you get lucky, however. And you have enough of them that you're bound to destroy a 12+ armor vehicle if you fire enough shots at it. So it may work.

3. I'd give all (or most) of your six troop units Infiltrate. You want to give your opponent sonic hell as soon as you can, and you don't want to spend the first turn or two footslogging into range or cover. This is especially important if you're up against Tau (or any other long-range foe). Then you don't have the unfortunate circumstance of having to footslog toward them, to get into firing range, while they drop 48"-range shells on your Noise Marines. And remember, you'll get to deploy last. That means that you don't have to start so close to your opponent's lines if you don't wish to. If you are up against Tyranids, Orks, or any other close-combat army, you can deploy your Infiltrating units back farther to get as many shots in while they scramble to get to you. I think Infiltrate would be a nifty thing to have on your side.

Most of this is just preference, though. Your list is wicked-cool. It would be hard to beat, too.

Stay Up.
    -hype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Does that...say... SIX six-man sonic weapon squads? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    OMFG! AND 2 havoc squads.

I think I love this list. It's crazy, man. I hope you have some way of making all those sonic blasters. Or stealing them. But that's naughty.

Before I get ranted at for this post, I have some things you could do to make it a little more versatile. First of all, you need to give the ACs some sort of CC protection. power weapons backed up with d.strength are your best bet- power fists seem too much of a waste of warp scream.

Your Lieutenant could be a little more beefy, especially to defend your lines once assault gets going. He wouldn't need to be a lord, he could just do with a few more points spent on him. Unfortunately this would mean having to drop something (Gah! How could I saw that about such a beautiful list!?!) to make room for all this. Dropping just one of those troops squads to fit in some weapons for the ACs and lieutenant would leave enough points for some daemonettes, but you may have not taken these intentionally for theme reasons. They are good, but still, this list is very, VERY nice.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for the lack of Daemonetes is theme. I want every single model to have either a sonic blaster or a blastmaster.

For all close combat purpouses I'm going to be avoiding it at all costs. With only 6 guys in a squad I'm going to get outnumbered quick. Combine that with being fearless and it starts getting pretty hot in that power armor.
    He killed and he maimed,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

It's hard to criticise this list considering all you want is Sonic Weaponary. You have the most you can get, so the list seems pretty much perfect. Some thoughts I have:

1) Against Meq armies I would prefer a Plasma Gun to a Sonic Blaster in each squad of Noise Marines. It really makes a huge difference.

2) I would think a fast army like Speed Freaks and Dark Eldar would rip through a huge amount of units if just one squad gets into CC. A smary enemy will use cover and get half his squads into CC, but that will be enough. WWP Dark Eldar will be a particular problem.

3) I don't understand the Chosen. They're just 17 point marines. You're not even utilising that they could have two Blastmasters at that size. I would just give your Lord a Kai Gun and a Power Weapon and plant him behind (though not part of) another squad. That way he isn't getting shot at.

4) With the points left over if you drop the Chosen you could grab a Power Weapon for your ACs. even if you want them to keep the Sonic Blasters they can still hold a Power Weapon as well. Also, I'd use some of those points giving your guys Infiltrate or they'll be at a disadvantage on turn 1 if they go first.

5) This list is fluffy but - and I don't mean to offend you - very boring. It will not be great fun to play against with a lot of armies, and I think you'll probably stop having fun after a while too. Though it's nice to lay down 142 bolter shots (or equivalent) in a turn, there's not much of a trick to it. Slaanesh is such a diverse and tactical force, and you're taking an army where you won't even need to move after the first turn. It's just something to think about before you commit to buying all the models.
    Current Armies:
    Beasts of Chaos (4000)
    Chaos Marines (3000)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a couple suggeestions.
    1. Drop the predator. I love 'em and all but it's your only tank. And at 1700 points the opponent will have tons of lascannons. So it's very possible that it won't fire a shot.

2. I'd like to see 2 CC lieutenants (or 1 and a lord) because if you're careful one of these guys can hold a couple squads at bay for a while. And if you consider doom sirens sonic weapons those could come in handy.

Just watch out for land raiders.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

For some reason, I find myself fearing this army.

I don't even know why. I have no idea what a sonic weapon can do. :mellow:

Mostly, from these:

Holy tactical hell! That's a lot of firepower!
    Your list is wicked-cool. It would be hard to beat, too.
    Does that...say... SIX six-man sonic weapon squads?
    OMFG! AND 2 havoc squads.
    They are good, but still, this list is very, VERY nice.
    Thanks a lot, Soviet. :o

Lookin' good, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    For some reason, I find myself fearing this army.

I don't even know why. I have no idea what a sonic weapon can do.
    there a chaos gods version of bolters with 2 diffretn rates of fire and missle launchers with 2 diffrent types of fireing ^_^
    I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm,

Here's what I could do... drop the Lt, drop the pred, add one guy to the chosen retinue and make it a squad and then add my scary lord.

Lord: demonic armor, mark of slaanesh, doom siren, power weapon, close combat weapon, combat drugs, demonic aura, demonic stregth, frag grenades
    Last edited by Soviet_Tau_Commander; July 29th, 2005 at 15:22.
    He killed and he maimed,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast