Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey this is the army i usually play, im 55 points short so usually i just even it out with some buffs to ppl but you might see how its better put by either breaking a squad or 2 and getting something else. I also change the bloodthirster with the unclean 1 and that opens more points.
HQ - 380
Daemon Prince - 175
Bloodthirster - 205
Elites - 140
Troops - 930
2X(6X plague marines with 1 plasma gun and 1 flamer + Asp champ with Powerfist,D mutations,D visage and they infiltrate.)
6X plague marines with 1 plasma pistol and 1 flamer + Asp champ with Power wep,D mutations,D strenght,D visage and they infiltrate.
4X chaos marines with 1 lascannon + Asp champ with power wep, D mutations, D visage and Infiltrate and this guy is the vessel for my bloodthirster so gave him power wep and no str cause he is pretty much a power fist at 4 Init.
10X Plague bearers.
Heavy Support - 495
Predator - 155
- Turret Autocannon
- 2x lascannon sponsons
- Mutated hull
Defiler - 175
Dreadnaught - 165
- plasma cannon
- Daemonic Possesion
- Mutated Hull
this also leaves me with 1 troop left which i may put in some nurglings maybe? i know im short on fast and maybe take out a heavy support for some raptors or something also? give me any ideas as long as you arnt gonna change my whole army cause i like this general set up hehe
-nurgle lord with a bloodthirster?!?!?!
-your plague marine squads should be the prefered number
-why does that one squad have a plasma pistol and not a plasma gun?
-i'm pretty sure, to be a vessel, you need a mark of that god.
-why would you give a squad that wants to move towards the enemy a lascannon??
-the pred's points would be better spent on a tl lascannon and heavy bolters
for 2000 points you are definatly lacking troops.
Looks like you're five points over the D. Gifts cap. Also, just personal preference, but I prefer Resilience over Strength, but that's just me.Originally Posted by KhamalNothing wrong here...Originally Posted by KhamalSo, the only difference between the first two groups and group #three is the power fist swapped for a sword? Just clarification. Also, I don't see a point in giving buffs to a Demonvessel - you're just gonna lose him when you want the big boy to come out anyways. I sorta see why you'd want three(four on the charge) STR 8 power attacks, but just seems like wasted points to me. Lastly, that group must have either mark of Khorne of Mark of Undivided.Originally Posted by KhamalI'd up this to two groups of six, or seven, myself. Two groups is generally better than a single.Originally Posted by KhamalNever tried that varient of the Predator, so wouldn't know. Seems like it'd do a lot of sitting around, and wouldn't be very mobile. I prefer things that can move. The defiler is good. People think they're a point sink, but I guess they're okay. I like your Dread though - that's actually my favorite variant to the tee.Originally Posted by KhamalWith what I said up before, I'd drop the Defiler and see about some tank busting Raptors. Bike's are also real fun if you give them an icon and have large groups of demons to Daemonbomb your opponent with.Originally Posted by Khamal
The MoN already gives resilience.
As for the BT, I am not sure if he counts as the general as he costs the most points.
I guess first things first.. i usually like when ppl give me ideas and help me out by saying things that i should change AND if they give me a reason so thx caliun and ya i see a few things that i can change But the D res over the str? he has mark of nurgle which gives him the D res.
Now for the other which needs to either read rules or explain themselves "black katalyst"
- umm... nurgle lord with bloodthirster ya.. it works very well and it adds a nice element of suprise.
- haha this just gets funny.. prefered number? um they are if u can read at all? also this isnt a DE army which means it would have no special bonus. O wait, you know that nurgle with a bloodthirster ?!?!?!?!?!?!
- plasma pistol over plasma gun, have u noticed my asp champ isnt using a power fist in that squad? wanna know why? this squad is meant to strike fast with lots of attacks.
- you are half right here they dont need the mark of the god they just need undivided.
- Move forward? they do infiltrate which means i can be 18" in line of sight which means the bloodthirster is in assualt range. HMM can the unclean one do that? o wait.. bloodthirster is too weird..
- for the pred maybe u are right but my pred is old and didnt come with a lascannon turret and i needed more heavy weapons i found.
- lacking troops? ok.. im using 5 troops.. half my points are there, i have 55 points left and if u read anything besides the list i said i was looking for nurglings.
You know, I'm trying very hard to not make rookie mistakes like that in my first few posts. Silly me.Originally Posted by Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm
The Lord is always Commander, if he's present. If not, then it's the highest costing Leit. If there is neither a Lord or Leit, then the Champ acting as vessel for the G. Daemon is commander until the Daemon arrives, which point he is.
i read "6x Plague Marines" so what, you asp, champ isn't a plague marine?? shouldn't it be "7x Plague Marines"???Originally Posted by Khamalor maybe give a normal marine a plasma pistol so you don't have the chance of your champ dying from it???Originally Posted by Khamalany expirienced general will have a screen to stop you from infitrating near anything important, plus the squad with the vessel has 5 marines, that isn't hard to kill, add in the 4+ you need to roll to summon, there is a decent chance the bloodthirster will never come outOriginally Posted by Khamaloh i forgot, nurglings are a godsend right? they'll make all your "lacking of troops" problem just fly away in the breeze.Originally Posted by Khamal
Ok please stop this non sense now you are just wrong so stop posting here please.Originally Posted by Black Katalyst
- 6X plague marines + asp champ is what it reads sorry if i didnt say 6 Xplague marines + 1 aspiring champion plague marine i assume most ppl have the intelligence to figure this out because if a unit has a mark the whole unit gets it.
- also a marine in the troop has the pistol... i have no clue where your getting that its on the champ..
- Maybe you havent seen a bloodthirster in a game but he generally is a squad hopper. Also if the squad goes down he pops out and takes instability tests.
- now the definatly lacking troops applies to 5 normal troops + 1 pack of nurglings.. ya..
I Dont know if you make incorrect remarks to me or to everyones army list and never explain why but if its to everyone do ppl a favor and dont even post and if its just to me then just say why you are doing this or send private messages please.
I think BK made a honest mistake. No need to get worked up over trivial things.
Why are you using the preferred number? You don't get the free champ. Might as well bump the number up to 10, and use a rhino.
The list isn't very good.
The DP is illegal, he has 105 points of damonic gifts, 5 points over the limit.
Drop all the upgrades for the daemonvessel, and give him chains.
Why Lascannon on the squad? You want to have the BT the first turn, so you will be 18" away. It's a waste to have a lascannon then. Get a Plasma/meltagun instead. You will be able to move 6" and shoot them.
Don't mix and match. Either all plasmaguns, or all flamers on the squads.
Drop the possession on the dread.
EDIT: Give the Plague Marines powerfists.
Last edited by Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm; August 1st, 2005 at 15:23.