(2000) undivided redo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(2000) undivided redo

hey alright well i bought some more stuff and bought a few things from the bits book so this is my newer current army.

- Daemon Prince - 155
    Mark of Nurgle
    ManReaper
    Daemon Strenght
    Daemon Flight
    Daemon Aura
    Daemon stature

- Greater Unclean One - 150
    Wind of Chaos
    HQ total= 305

X7 Raptors with 3 melta guns
    x1 Asp Raptor with power weapon
    = 285
    Fast total= 285

7X Plague Marines with 2 melta guns and infiltrate
    1X Asp Plague Marine with Powerfist.
    = 227

= 227

= 227

= 227

1X Asp Plague Marine with daemon chains, he is daemon vessel
    = 232

7X Plague bearers
    = 112

Troops total= 1252

Dreadnaught
    Plasma Cannon
    Mutated Hull
    = 145
    heavy support total= 145

TOTAL = 1987
    model count = 58 hq-2/fast-8/troops-47/heavy-1

Hope this is better than my last leave any comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just go with a straight Plague Marine Army dude. Free Aspirings. Pop the raptors and more two squads in rhinos, the one with host too.~ Plus, give some units that will engage first in CC blight grenades. Maybe grab a Dreadnought with a multi melta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamal
    hey alright well i bought some more stuff and bought a few things from the bits book so this is my newer current army.

- Daemon Prince - 155
    Mark of Nurgle
    ManReaper
    Daemon Strenght
    Daemon Flight
    Daemon Aura
    Daemon stature
    Your lord is ill... wait... no... he's LEGAL! And he's a mean one, too. I suggest giving him a veteran skill - preferably Furious Charge. And Frag Grenades. Those are gold for their price.
    - Greater Unclean One - 150
    Wind of Chaos
    HQ total= 305
    Nice.
    X7 Raptors with 3 melta guns
    x1 Asp Raptor with power weapon
    = 285
    Fast total= 285
    Nice unit - though I suggest dropping them. I'll tell you why later. If you are intent upon keeping them, they could do with Infiltrate.
    = 227

= 227

= 227

= 227

1X Asp Plague Marine with daemon chains, he is daemon vessel
    = 232
    I'm not sure why.... but each of these units is three points more expensive than they should be. That's 15 points you've overspent that could be put to better use. Also, I suggest Plasma Guns over Melta guns in atleast three of those groups. Leave the tank busting to anti-tank units.

Secondly, each unit should drop one member. I'll explain why in a moment.
    7X Plague bearers
    = 112

Troops total= 1252

Dreadnaught
    Plasma Cannon
    Mutated Hull
    = 145
    heavy support total= 145
    Beautiful, though I suggest getting either Daemonic Possession or Extra Armor for the Dread. If you have the spare points, a Havoc Launcher too. But the Possession/Armour is more important. That'll keep him marching forward and getting into CC instead of standing around time after time suffering from "Shaken" and "Stunned" effects.
    TOTAL = 1987
    model count = 58 hq-2/fast-8/troops-47/heavy-1

Hope this is better than my last leave any comments.
    Okay. As the other poster said, you're practically a Death Guard army already. All you need to do is drop the Raptors, and "Bamf!" you're a DG player. Doing so gives you free Champs. for your units (which frees up 65 points right there), assuming you drop one member from each unit (which frees up another 110 points, for a total of 175 points). That's ALOT of points to upgrade with, for a relative cheap price.

I suggest replacing the Raptors with Havocs. Arm them with some Missile Launchers, give them Tank Hunter vet. skill. Taking a seven man squad armed with four missile launchers in place of the Raptors gives you 51 more points to play with. So our tally is now 226 free points to play with. Add in the 13 points you're shy alreay, and now we have 239. Plus the 15 points you're overpaying for the Plague Marines, now we have 254.

What can you do with 254 points? ALOT. That's 12% of your army! Upgrade for the Dread. Buy ANOTHER Dread, or a Predator. Rhino's for two of your groups (Which is must suggested - you won't always be able to use Infiltrate). Buy a second group of Havocs for extra Tank Busting duty.

You have quite a bit of "fat" in the army - I suggest you try to trim as much of it out as you can.

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

The great unclean one is nothing more then a walking bag of wounds that will be destroyed before he reaches the enemy- but he makes up for it by being one of the best fire magnets ever! Just send him off by his lonesome and watch enemys fire all there good weapons at him, while the rest of your army comes up there other flank unnoticed.

Aye, another dread would be good- make it a hellfire dread and blow some **** up!

If you still ahve any leftover points trie to give your lord Demonic Mutation (if you can), and change your squads to either have 8 or 6 people- for morale-checking purposes. ( a seven man squad has basiclly the same moraale check as a six man)

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

lol its a death guard army with a raptor squad.

it looks good though.

i like the idea of giving your dread missiles and a plasma cannon. let him go berzerk and shoot twice??? oh geez.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe.. nah they arnt over spent caliun, i think i know where u went wrong tho. when u added infiltrate skill you forgot to add another 3 for the asp champ. These squads are *8* ppl always get messed up when u add asp champs. can someone tell me the least complicated way to write it when u have a asp champ in a group? lol..

ya i may go back with some plasmas.. 24 range is nice but i had bad encounters with them lol.. i lost 3 plasma guns on the first turn before.. rolled all 1's then failed my saves hah..

ya if i went all DG then i would want some rhinos im sure or i would be way to slow if we arnt playing with special rule.

i was tempted to give the unclean one gift of chaos because he made a nightbringer into a choas spawn lol once.. i dont have any spawns but atleast it kills them then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

hehehe.. nah they arnt over spent caliun, i think i know where u went wrong tho. when u added infiltrate skill you forgot to add another 3 for the asp champ. These squads are *8* ppl always get messed up when u add asp champs. can someone tell me the least complicated way to write it when u have a asp champ in a group? lol..
    I had thought of that. Trust me, I counted up the points atleast ten times, in all manner of different ways. Each time I come up with 224 - three points shy of yours. Here's how I normally do it when double checking someone's points -

(Basic Troop Cost+Marks+Veteran Skills)(Number of members) + (Aspiring Champ. Cost + Special Weapons + Wargear).

So, you have 22 X 8, which is 176. The addition of the Champ. and weapons/wargear come out to 48 points. 176 + 48 = 224. What I think is that you're counting the Vet Skill for the Champ twice.

And since I'm at work today, I have access to my army builder - which also comes out to 224 points.

ya i may go back with some plasmas.. 24 range is nice but i had bad encounters with them lol.. i lost 3 plasma guns on the first turn before.. rolled all 1's then failed my saves hah..
    Don't let a little bit of bad luck decide the fate of some of the best weapons out there. Plasma guns own. Especially in Rhino's - Two marines can fire from a Rhino. Guess which two that'l be? Ever seen a Plague Marine do a drive by assassination?
    ya if i went all DG then i would want some rhinos im sure or i would be way to slow if we arnt playing with special rule.

i was tempted to give the unclean one gift of chaos because he made a nightbringer into a choas spawn lol once.. i dont have any spawns but atleast it kills them then.
    Nothing quite beats rolling that six on the C'tan. I was playing a mock game and I took down a Deciever with an Aspiring Champ. Took a few tries... but I got him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha ya your right. 224. i remember where i messed up now. i orignally had 9 ppl in each squad but then i cut one out of each to get some extra points and i forget to put an additional -3 for that guy leaving cause infiltrate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arent there weapon restrictions? Like on the Dreadnought? only a plasma cannon or multi melta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    Arent there weapon restrictions? Like on the Dreadnought? only a plasma cannon or multi melta

what the?? lol how does this have anything to do with this army list? i have a plasma cannon and a MUTATED HULL.

+ Reply to Thread