1000 point World Eaters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point World Eaters Mechanized

Hey,new to the game.My boy hooked me in by asking for some models and it turns out I like to convert them.Here's a list made with some of the conversions.We are starting to go to the local game club and I'd like to know if this is playable from a tactical standpoint.Thanks for any input.
    HQ- chaos lieutenant w/ Mark Of Khorne,bolt pistol,power sword-66pts

Troops-7 berzerkers w/MOK,bolt pistol,ccw,1 icon bearer
    - 1 aspiring champion w/MOK,powerfist,bolt pistol
    - rhino w/extra armor,destroyer -250 pts

- 8 bloodletters-208 pts

Elites-7 possessed w/MOK and daemonic talons,1 icon bearer
    -1 aspiring champion w/MOK,daemonic talons,mutation
    -rhino w/extra armor,smoke -340 pts

Heavy Support-Dreadnought w/lascannon and missile launcher-135 pts

Total-999 pts.

That's 25 models and 3 vehicles in 1000 pts.Definitely an elite based army,but man it looks good.We also have a Daemonhunter/Guard army started and in battle the Possessed took out a Leman Russ while the Destroyer Rhino ran the Guardsmen off the table.The plan is to put the HQ with the berzerkers,snipe tanks with the Dread and react to weak points with the possessed.Can this list work?

Last edited by Ikeaboy; August 15th, 2005 at 19:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

A fully mech force eh... The problem is that a few lascannons and missle launchers etc could wipe most of 2 expencive squads in a turn and posably the dread. And a axe of khorne would be better on the liutenant.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do I take the extra 5 point for an axe out of this list?.Smoke could go but that still only makes 4.I don't want to lose the missile launcher on the Dread.These guys need all the firepower they can get.

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as a genreral rule when my friends and i play its ok the be over the total point alotment by 5%, but that list for 1000points realy aint bad, just watch out for anti armor like warriorpoet said
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay,lesson learned.Don't start the troops inside the rhinos against the Guard.They'll only last for 2 turns or so.Next time they'll get out and walk behind the rolling cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually from what i've read so far you should set up outside the rhino for deployment then on turn 1 get in and move 12". then remember to use smoke to make the rhino more likely to survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your going to probally want some for of fast and mobile anti armor to remove things like basilisks and what have you. If you have the money a smal squad of bike with two melta guns would do you good. If you set up right after the first turn they can be out of sight and under the min range of guess weapons, pop out a next turn and blow the offending tank to hell. Also you need to be carefull when playing guard in a 1000 point army they can have a ton of heavy weapons if put together right, when setting up make sure you keep eerything out of sight when possible, when not possible your normaly going to want some type of a distaraction, to drawn fire. My self playing gaurd i would have at least 1 lemman russ maby a basilisk about 8 squads in two platoons each squad with missle launchers maby one with a las cannon. Rember if you can kill his standered you deal a major blow to his moral. once the commanding officer is dead and the standered bearer you have a ton of men with ld 7 that can no longer re roll moral checks. good luck next time ^_^
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the mobility advice GB,but World Eaters don't have the option of melta-wielding bikers.Taking out the command squad is a reasonable tactic but its often considered by the Guard players who bury their command squad in the back,take no standard and confer the leadership bonuses(boni?) by voxcaster.Jumping in and out of the rhinos may work,so I'll give it a try next time.Anything to keep these guys from being pinned.Part of my poor showing in this game was due to rolling 1's twice for the Dread's frenzy test,so the poor bugger raced into combat with no DCCW.After I got lucky and set him up in the forest and everything...Well,if I wanted boring and predictable,I guess I would be playing Some other Models,wouldn't I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry bout the melta gun part i avoid taking vox casters just because the points add up with in small battles 20 points for a master vox plus 40 more for all the other voxs thats a sentinal plus the standard, for a 1000 point gaem it gives me an extra missle las or whatever other type of shot i want good luck
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

+ Reply to Thread