2000p thousand sons-GT eastern Europe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

2000p thousand sons-GT eastern Europe

So, I'm going to GTEE and it's a bit nervous as it's my first tornament. I havent even fought all the armies yet since I live in quite a small place. I've been wrestling a bit with this list and I would very much like some critisism on it. About the HQ- The chosen of Ahriman will be allowed on this event ^_^ , but then so will armoured companies :eek: . Well thats enough talk for now here we go...

HQ
    Moloch- Chosen of Ahriman
    Familiar
    Wind of Chaos
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Daemonic aura
    Melta bombs
    Frag grenades
    Power weapon
    Boltpistol

162p

Armentius- Chosen of Ahriman
    Familiar
    Bolt of change
    Terminator armour
    Power weapon
    Closecombat weapon
    Daemonic strength
    Daemonic Resilience

166p

Elites

5 Rubrik terminators
    Aspiring Champion
    Chainfist
    Powerweapon
    Gift of Chaos

261p

Troops

9 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Champion
    Bolt of change
    3 Thralls
    Powerfist

276p

9 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Champion
    Bolt of change
    3 Thralls
    Powerfist

276p

9 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Champion
    Doombolt
    3 Thralls

251p

Heavy support

Dread
    Plasma cannon
    C. Warpflame
    Mutated Hull
    X-armour
    Smoke

168p

Dread
    Lascannon
    Mutated Hull
    Daemonic possession
    Smoke

178p

Defiler
    Indirect fire

175p

All together this should come to 1923points and that leaves me whith 67 points to spend. I am curious however what you people think about this list and I no longer have any "holy cows" so just goahead please.

Andusciassus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    About the HQ- The chosen of Ahriman will be allowed on this event ^_^ , but then so will armoured companies
    Thanks for pointing that out beforehand. Saves me a reply. But... well... I replied that I didn't have to reply... so I didn't really accomplish anything, did I? Best not to think of it too much.

Moloch- Chosen of Ahriman
    I come out to 157 points for this unit. Saved ya five points! I have to wonder why you chose a Chosen over a Lord or Leit though - Is the idea to Key a unit with you near enemy lines, then next turn charge them?

Armentius- Chosen of Ahriman
    I wonder about the effectivness of having Bolt of Change on a CC geared unit. Obviously, this one will Key around the Terminators, and hopefully get them into CC the turn after. Wouldn't Gift of Chaos be better suited? Bolt of Change can be used with the other Chosen, who I assume will be Keying around one of the average Joe units.

5 Rubrik terminators
    Solid unit - hard to go wrong with. Not a big fan of Terminators, but I can see why you have them.

Thousand sons #1
    Good, strong unit. Very nice.

Thousand sons #2
    Good, strong unit. Very nice.

Thousand sons #3
    I come out to 246 points for this unit. Saved ya five points! Should have a PowerFist in here too - just because I think every group should have a hidden Powerfist, is all.

Dread #1
    CC Dread? Nice layout - why the Extra Armour and no Daemonic Possession, if I may ask? Smoke is one turn of not firing his Plasma. As a great general once said - "The best defense is a good offense". I like the addition of the Warpflame. I'd also suggest giving the Dread two CC weapons in place of the plasma, but then you have to ask yourself if you can kill more with the extra attack than you can with the Plasma Cannon. Personally, I'd stick with the cannon. Just food for thought.

Dread #2
    One turn of smoke is one turn of not firing his Lascannon. Consider dropping it. Otherwise, looks good. Also, consider taking a Missile Launcher arm, and keeping him away from CC.

Defiler
    I would drop the Defiler in favour of a Lascannon Predator. Especially if you plan on facing a few Armored company players, you're going to need the extra Anti-tank, which is something that 1K Sons severly lack.

I don't have my WD handy, so I'm not sure exactly how The Key works. I know the unit taken only has to be within 6", but not the actual unit the Chosen is attached to. What I wonder is if although they didn't start off as a single unit, do they become one via the act of The Key? This is brought up by the BoC - can the Chosen BoC a different target than the unit he transported?

Member Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly sure, but I believe that GT missions include some where you need to control the objective or hold table quarters. For that reason, and many others, I recommend rhinos.
    Servo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with caluin here on most of his points. on the defiler in particular, u have enough bolter fire in youre army to nuke most swarm armies, and a plasma on your dred.

dropping the defiler for a lascannon pred-or even turret las, and heavy bolter sides would be a good choice. and for these points you could call 8 flamers of tzeentch to summon onto your termies before they assault.- that would be 24 shots into a horde,per turn, and would likely kill much more than the defilers blast.

other than thatit looks pretty solid, the termies in particular are going to be on your opponents minds. chainfists are evil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

Thank you all for the great replies, I will think things over during the famililydinner today and see how to redistribute the points. It makes me a little sad though that you don't like the Defiler, but as I said no "holy cows"...and that means no "holy defilers" either .
    And I have been thinking about fielding two or maybe three closecombat dreads, but the Predator is a nice investment I've been looking for an excuse to make for a while afterall.

Andusciassus

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

So now the familiy dinner is over and I've had some time to ponder my list, taking your oppinions with me. I've changed some units and "focused" the caracters to their specific roles. I still got some points left to play with and any ideas are very welcome.

HQ

Moloch
    Chosen of Ahriman
    Familiar
    Bolt of change
    D. Aura
    Power weapon
    Bolt pistol

136p

Armentius
    Chosen of Ahriman
    Familiar
    Gift of Chaos
    Terminator armour
    Power weapon
    Closecombat weapon
    D. strength
    D. Resilience

156p

Elites

5 Rubrik terminators
    Champion
    Chainfist
    Power weapon
    Gift of chaos

261p

Troops

9 Thousand sons
    Champion
    Bolt of change
    3 Thralls
    Powerfist

9 Thousand sons
    Champion
    Bolt of change
    3 Thralls
    Powerfist

9 Thousand sons
    Champion
    Doombolt
    3 Thralls
    Powerfist

Heavy Support

Dread
    Plasma
    C. warpflame
    Mutated hull
    D. Possession
    Smoke

Dread
    Lascannon
    Mutated hull
    D. Possession
    Smoke

Predator
    Turret laser
    Sponson lasers
    Mutated hull
    daemonic possession

Oh, and as I was typing I remembered the smoke-on-dreads-issue, it's all beacuse the bloodrage thing. I really hate it when they run of out in the open not reaching cc showing them selfs of. It's much nicer when they reach or get into fire frenzy ^_^

he spare points are my big consern for now- I've got like 78 of them and that's enough for a lot but still nothing new- but like five screamers... They could buy me a rhino- but then my solid fire base is not quite as solid any longer. I could beef up my Champions and/or HQ a bit but I'm not sure in what way, so as I said earlier any help is appriciated.

Andusciassus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 points could buy you an obliterator...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by deathmonkey
    78 points could buy you an obliterator...
    Not with 1K sons, it's couldn't.

Hrm... well, two more Terminators is 84 points... but that's six points shy of your total. Wonder where you could scrounge up 6 points? Hrm, I see Smoke Launchers, but those are only 3 points... too bad you don't have two of them... (/sarcasm off)

Really, Iron Warrior had a good idea with the Rhino. Just because you take it for a troop doesn't mean they need to deploy in it. Meanwhile, it can be used to secure quarters, do tank shocks, and the such. It's likely to be left alone if your opponent realizes it's not being used to transport anything, and poses little threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your list is better, heres something i thought up when thinking of ways to use the power of the chosen of arhiman. first you keep his points as low as possible, being as who knows where he'll deepstrike to. I give mine bolt of change(does anyone else have a tendency to say doombolt?) and heres why. keep your chosen seperate from the unit he wishes to telleport with, now in the rules it says any unit with the rubric within 6" of him goes for the ride. and according to the deepstrike rules you have to center the model on the location of deepstrike, make this the chosen. and then it says you have to complete full circles of dudes around him. so now your chosen is seperate from the unit, and he's safe in a unit of 1k sons, he can't be picked out cuz he's not the closest unit to the enemy. the advantage to this is so you can fire your bolt of change of at a tank and unload the 1k sons at a juicy target. this way you don't waste a shot. somebody let me know if this won't work for some reason.

As for the rhino idea, yes its always a good idea to have at least one rhino squad with any kinda chaos marine in it, for tourney reasons.

Also another neat trick i like is 1k sons can rapid fire and charge after disembarking from a landraider(somebody check me on this), being as in the rule book, i forget where, it says models that count as stationary for firing weapons(which any slow and purposful thing does) can also charge if having fired, again someone double check me on this one.

the allowence of chosen at this tourney is huge for 1k sons, use it to an advantage, they are a great unit. keep their points low!
    "That is the sound of inevitability"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

OK, two more days to go before registring and I'm getting kind of cold feet.
    It's the Defiler- I really think I want it in the list. That big AP 3 template is just to good to leave home.
    I think I'll change it for the plasma dread- then get the Lascan dread the warpflame...
    Then I'll drop two of the thralls from the TS-squad with Doombolt give that champ a Rhino, familiar and wind of chaos for driving up templating. What do you think about that?

Andusciassus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast