[1500] Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Iron Warriors

I am rather new to chaos. I was an eldar player in a past life so I am kind of unsure how to play Chaos. I have never really played them myself and I do not know how to make a well rounded force. Here is what I was thinking. Please say anything you want! I want information! Also have a few points to spend. Also, this is for a league so we will be using senarios not just straight out killing. I also have a few points left over.

Unnamed1500 Pts - CSM: Iron Warriors Army

1 Chaos Lieutenant (HQ) @ 61 Pts
    Power Weapon (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)

9 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 225 Pts
    CC Weapon (x9); Bolt Pistol (x7); Flamer (x2)

1 Aspiring Champion
    Power Weapon (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)

1 Chaos Rhino
    Combi-Bolter

9 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 178 Pts
    CC Weapon (x9); Bolter (x8); Autocannon (x1)

1 Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)

9 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 178 Pts
    CC Weapon (x9); Bolter (x8); Autocannon (x1)

1 Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)

1 Chaos Predator (Heavy Support) @ 195 Pts
    TL Lascannons; Lascannon Sponsons
    Mutated Hull
    Daemonic Possession

1 Chaos Predator (Heavy Support) @ 195 Pts
    TL Lascannons; Lascannon Sponsons
    Mutated Hull
    Daemonic Possession

1 Vindicator Assault Tank (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Demolisher Cannon; Pintle Combi-Bolter
    Daemonic Possession

10 Havocs (Heavy Support) @ 220 Pts
    CC Weapon (x10); Bolter (x6); Autocannon (x4)

Models in Army: 45

Total Army Cost: 1392 Out of 1500!

Last edited by Cheetahfurry; September 14th, 2005 at 17:51. Reason: Stupid Smilies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice army. I've always found spending 5 pts for extra armor worthwhile. Even though iron warriors are a shooty army, for leagur play you may want a small fast attack squad simply to take a board quarter or or some other objective at the last minute. Also, I've had armies very similar to yours and idirect fire killed me. You may think about taking some if you ever run up against 'nids with biovors or imperial guard with a couple of bassilisks.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

only things i'd change are...
    - give the havocs all missile launchers.
    - drop the rhino for infiltrate.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want 1 squad that can deepstrike. I was looking at it and deepstriking behind enemy veicles really hurts them. Had it happen to me a few times, lost some tanks that way. I took the autocannons because it's 2 shots str 7. Better the Missle launchers against horde Armies I think. I mean I have 1 ord blast str 10 ap 1. I really want some more info though. I mean you think I took the right upgades? What else would you add with the extra points? Do I have enough anti-tank, marine, horde?

This is my first real try at chaos. So the switch is very hard for me. Do I have enough troops??

Thanks!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to deepstrike, I suggest spending the 70pts for an oblitorator. One oblitorator combined with ten csm armed with autocannon, meltabomb and teleport homer (save the flamers for fast attack choices, regular csm do better with bolters/bolt pistols). This combo has both tank popping and anti-horde ability. your setup seems more defensive minded, if this is the case drop the vindicator in favor of a bassilisk with the indirect fire upgrade. It has such a long range that your opponent will be forced to try and take it out, this gets them to play to the iron warriors strengths. If you're REALLY psyched about deepstrike, drop the havoc squad for three oblitorators in three one man units (iron warriors get huge numbers of oblitorators). Drop these guys in with a ten man unit of csm and you get alot of firepower that can be split 4 different ways and your opponent will be forced to divide his fire 4 different ways, thus increasing your survivability behind enemy lines. As to whether or not you have enough troops, i have rarely seen any 1500pt chaos army with more troops. Many times i've seen armies with less.
    Last edited by shiweifeng; September 15th, 2005 at 07:28.

+ Reply to Thread