-Tank Hunters
-Infiltrate
--Aspiring Champion
--Power Fist
--Daemonic Mutation
--Daemonic Visage

Models in Army: 57

HI :)

trully its the Alpha Legion but i use in this army 13 plasma guns so i change name ;] it's fluffy army list i gonna attack from all sides of table ;] vs armies with power armors or a lot of heavy stuff it should work good but im worring about battles vs horde armies...

advices and comments are welcome :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Myself being a Night Lords player have some expirience with raptors.

I would strongly rule against using a rapid fire weapon in their squad. Firing the plasma gun will not allow you to assault and if you do rapid fire a unit within 12", they will most likely assault you. If you pop shot at 24", that means you didn't move them, which is a waste.

#3 ·
Black Katalyst said:
I would strongly rule against using a rapid fire weapon in their squad. Firing the plasma gun will not allow you to assault and if you do rapid fire a unit within 12", they will most likely assault you.
Which, while perhaps a bad thing, isn't as bad as other units getting assaulted. The Raptor squad, hopefully surviving the assault with a few Plasma Raptors intact, can Hit 'N Run out of combat, then unload another salvo of Plasma shots into the unit.

#4 ·
Caluin said:
Which, while perhaps a bad thing, isn't as bad as other units getting assaulted. The Raptor squad, hopefully surviving the assault with a few Plasma Raptors intact, can Hit 'N Run out of combat, then unload another salvo of Plasma shots into the unit.
this is true if you took the max of 3 plasma guns. BUT he has one with tank hunter o.0

#7 ·
mralien said:
ooo i did mistake of coure ther r 3 plasmas... squad incloude 3 of plasmaguns
oh ok, 3 plasma guns makes a huge different. They are very nice like this especially with infiltrate. They can move up to the enemy quickly, 6 shots within 12", get assault from whats left, break off and do it again.

#8 ·
Black Katalyst said:
oh ok, 3 plasma guns makes a huge different. They are very nice like this especially with infiltrate. They can move up to the enemy quickly, 6 shots within 12", get assault from whats left, break off and do it again.
:)

OK, so what about whole army? should be good or maybe shoul i forget about it ?

#11 ·
1aZe said:
Hold your horses!

Plasma guns on raptors is a NO GO. While rapid firing on t1 is is nice, it can be done with your basic CSM squad (which costs less). The only reason I see to include raptors is the t1 CHARGE (with the mandatory FC).
But your basic CSM squad can't bail themselves out of combat, and if they have Plasma Guns, it's likely they weren't geared for CC to begin with, and at best, will be mired in the CC for a few turn, and at worst, wiped out.

A Raptor squad can Hit and Run out of the combat to unload a second volley of Rapid Fire Plasma. No CSM squad can claim that.

#12 ·
and that (hit and run) is reason that i decided to buy plasmas for raptors.. btw i made one more change in my army... :

Chaos Lord @ 197 Pts
-CC Weapon (x2)
-Daemon Armour
-Daemonic Flight
-Daemonic Resilience
-Daemonic Stature
-Daemonic Essence
-Daemonic Aura
-Frag Granades
-Make Sorcerer
-Familiar
-Wind of Chaos
-Gift of Chaos

ELITES
Obliterator Cult @ 140 Pts

TROOPS
20Chaos Cultists (Troops) @ 155 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided
--Cult Champion @
--Power Weapon

5 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 100 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided
-Bolters
-ML
-Plasma Gun
-Infiltrate

5 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 105 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided
-Bolters
-Lascannon
-Plasma Gun
-Infiltrate

FAST
8 Chaos Raptors @ 302 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided
-Plasma Gun (x3)
-Tank Hunters
-Infiltrate

HEAVY
2x 8 Chaos Havocs (Heavy Support) @ 251 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided
-Bolter (x3)
-Plasma Gun (x4)
-Tank Hunters
-Infiltrate
--Aspiring Champion
--Power Fist
--Daemonic Mutation
--Daemonic Visage

#18 ·
Chaos Lord @ 197 Pts
-CC Weapon (x2)
-Daemon Armour
-Daemonic Flight
-Daemonic Resilience
-Daemonic Stature
-Daemonic Essence
-Daemonic Aura
-Frag Granades
-Make Sorcerer
-Familiar
-Wind of Chaos
-Gift of Chaos

Overpriced. And plz explain me the purpose of this Lord. You army is SaS. That mean u r holding ur ground and not charging forward. Why do u need all this spells AND CC capability?
Take 2 different chars - Leitunant as a sorceror and Lord to counter charge!

If u want to use Raptors with plazma I second ur idea to use squad of 8. The lesser squad will be weaped out. Tell me how they work, cause I like this idea.
Do you realy need Cultists? They seem a waist of point to me in this list.

#19 ·
"models whitout plasmaguns r theyer extra wonds. hop u undersand what i mean again sorry for my englis "

NP. I can be understood. However, extra raptors i a unit not meant for CC are way too expensive.
And plasma on suxh expensive models is not recommended. (Follows the same logic as no plasma to Champs)

If I were to use Raptors I would field a unit of 8 with Infiltrate, Furious Charge, 3 meltaguns (don't overheat and have "Assault 1") and a Champ with Strength and PF. (S 10 on the charge!)
Should do well on the charge (S5, I5, -2Ld and a S10 PF is scary) and still makes good use of the hit and run rule. (shoot with meltas and assault at high S and I and then do it again!)

#21 · (Edited)
abowe army was weak. havocks with plasmas have to be too close opponent and they r shoot out very fast. what about raptors? on the one hand in 2 battles i played they destroy demolisher and predator but they weare charged and die in first turn they r too expensive to die so fast... from my view better option is chage hit whit in.5 and run. i decided to give them meltas or plazma pistols! from this reasons my army looks like this now:

HQ
1 Daemon Prince @ 172 Pts
-CC Weapon
-Frag Grenades
-Spiky Bits
-Dreadaxe
-Daemonic Flight
-Daemonic Aura
-Daemonic Strength
-Daemonic Mutation
-Daemonic Stature

he is real best beast in CC i love him :)

1 Chaos Lieutenant (HQ) @ 105 Pts
-Make Sorcerer;
-Minor Psychic Power (x5)

ill roll each time on temploar powers and probobly ill get STASIS SHELL this power used on cultist make them wall outstretched at breadth the table !

ELITES
1 Obliterator Cult @ 70 Pts

he will use deep strike and teleport behind leman demolisher or other ordinance weapone and destroy it as fast as is possible

TROOPS
2x5 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 105 Pts = 210pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided;
-Bolter (x3);
-Lascannon (x1);
-Plasma Gun (x1)
-Infiltrate

19 Chaos Cultists (Troops) @ 155 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided
--Cult Champion @ [22] Pts
--Power Weapon (x1);

FAST
7 Chaos Raptors @ 340 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided;
-Plasma Pistol (x3) or melta x3
-Furious Charge
-Infiltrate
--Aspiring Champion @ [72] Pts
--Power Weapon
--Bolt Pistol (x1);
--Daemonic Strength
--Spiky Bits

HEAVY
2x 8 Havocs @ 224 Pts = 448pkt
-Bolter (x4);
-Autocannon (x2);
-Missile Launcher (x2);
-Infiltrate
-Tank Hunters

i will deply them behind cultist so no1 could charge them

Models in Army: 57

Total Army Cost: 1500

#24 ·
cultists are GREAT!!! im playing alfa becous i love cultists! claws cost 30pts this way squad will be cost over 350pts and steel can be shoot out in first turn. about mutation i can say that its almost impossible to hit all att. of champion (WS4) soif i take spikes its like an extra att.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.