Librarium Online Forums banner

2000pts WORLD EATER army: mad dogs raiders

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  thurgor 
#1 ·
ok, the last 1 didn't go 2 well cause of idiots not listening to me telling them what happened when i tryed their advice, heres my list (all units have mark of khorne + furious charge):

HQ
mad dog (lord):
plasma pistol
dark blade
deamon armour
deamon aura
deamon fire
bionics
collar of khorne
rage of khorne
frag grenades
melta bombs

bonoprat (lieutenant):
termanator armour
combi bolter
power weapon
rage of khorne
melta bombs
spikey bits

ELITE
the chosen of khorne(body guard of mad dog.)
7 berserkers: bolt pistol chain axes of khorne
1 aspiring champion: bolt pistol, master-crafted power fist, frag grenades, icon, melta bombs.
this unit is elites so that my opponent can't just target mad dog in combat

troops

the axes of khorne
7 berserkers: bolt pistol chain axe
1 aspiring champ: bolt pistol power weapon

the swords of khorne:
7 berserkers: bolt pistol close combat weapon
1 aspiring champion: bolt pistol, mastercrafted power weapon, frag grenades, deamon armour, rage of khorne

the rookies of khorne:
7 berserkers: bolters
1 aspiring champion: plasma pistol power weapon

the survivors:
1 aspiring champion: plasma pistol, power weapon.

squad X:
5 berserkers: bolters
1 aspiring champion: plasma pistol, lightning claw, deamon armouyr, rage of khorne.

fast attack
the crazy serpents:
2 berserker bikers: khornate chain axe
1 aspiring champion: power fist

HEAVY SUPPORT
predator: twin linked las cannon, lascannon sponsons, destroyer, dozer blade, living vehicle, parasetic possesion, pintle mounted combi bolter, mutated hull, deamonic possesion.

2000pts (or some thing like that!)

WHAT I HAVE/AM CONVERTING/PLANS: I have 6 deamons (blood letters), which i am makeing, i will probably add them in, i'm also makeing a blood thirster to become a deamon prince and be mad dog with deamonic stature.
I'm converting all the bolter armed models to have chain axes, and the close combat weapon ppl will also have chain axes, i also have 3 close combat weapons + bolt pistol armed berserkers still being made (they have no shoulder pads arms or back packs).

this list can only have those added onto it, and changes in equipment.

My force normally faces my rich trigger happy blood angel friend, he has 2 preds (1 baal class and 1 destructor) a vindicator land raider, lots of 5 man heavy weapon squads, and 2 units of 10 terminators :eek:.

See less See more
#2 ·
Right, so, here goes:

Lord: For a 2000 point army, I would definitely give hima berzerker glaive. This weapon solves all your problems and then some. I'm very much against giving him daemonic armor, because he's in a retinue, and so your retinue should be soaking up most of the wounds. I would probably never use d. armor, because even if I have a daemon prince, he's either in c.c., in which case his toughness and 3+/4+ inv (glaive) save keeps him alive; or he's out in the open, in which case he's targeted by a dozen lascannons (so he does not get the save anyways). I wouldn't use daemonic fire. For the points I'd rather have d. visage and scare my opponent into fleeing the battlefield. Not sure about the melta bombs or the bionics. I don't have alot of experience w/ either of them. I would think that w/ khorne, your best bet is to scrap the retinue and get a statured prince w/ flight. This pup will race in front of your advancing berzerkers, and because of the glaive, he can survice almost any attack. Oh yeah, you have to take feel no pain. This power of this ability doubles your life expetancy of your lord. Basically, w/ the glaive and feel no pain, your lord has to rolls on a 4+ in which to negate ANY wound taken. He just doesn't die!

Lieut: I prefer a combo-melta if he's going to have termi armor. The combo-melta allows him to d.s. in and take out the big tanks or a defiler or something w/ a battle cannon. This, I believe, helps balance you against not having havoc squads. Just something to think about.

Retinue: Again, I don't have alot of experience w/ these units. I would think you should scrap them and take at least one squad of blood letters. Every 3+ army hates to see these devils pop onto the battle field. They laugh at Necron and just gnaw away at marines. Termis are their favorite treats.

troopies: Ok, you really need a talisman of the burning blood. This will help these guys stay right behind your lord. I can't tell you how many times the talisman just makes win. Also, take a powerfist, so that your troops aren't stuck on a rhino. This will also help you take out dreads. The hidden power fist is a reall fixer for you too,

Bikers: Simply, you need a few more; otherwise, these guys won't last at all. bikers are great ways to get your bloodletters into combat. turbo boost first round, then second round, release.

predator: the only things you need on this guy aside from the weapon configuration is mutated hull and daemonic possession (cant remember- is this the possession that makes the tank immune to stun and shaken), and maybe smoke. This will allow youmore points for bloodletters.

#3 · (Edited)
I really do think that you are trying to stretch a 1500 or possibly 1850 point army into a 2000 point army. You have a lot of equipment that is either useless or put into a position where it can't work to its full effectiveness.

-Lord-
-Bionics is useless
-What is he gonna do with melta bombs that the predator can't?
-Daemonic fire?!
-Why give him daemonic armor when he is tucked away in a sqaud?

-Lieutenant-
-What squad is he going with?
-Is he going to deep strike and just stand there for a whole turn?

-Elites-
-You will save a lot of points by making these normal troops

-Troops-
-Not even a single Power Fist?
-Why give aspiring champions daemon armor?
-A lightning claw on a squad that stands and shoots????

-Fast Attack-
-No plasma pistols??
-3 aren't gonna do much

-Heavy Support-
-Living vehicles?? you have three 48" ranged weapons, why give it a 3" ranged weapon??
-To fire all the lascannons you can't move, so why use a dozer blade and destroyer??

If you drop all the useless equipment, drop the game points to 1500, and get another predator, you'll have a pretty deadly army.

#5 ·
Centum said:
Feel no pain, everything that can have it, should... that power is so good. Your retinue, your Lt. and your lord, all feel no pain. they will not go down without a fight.
Oh yes, I wholeheartedly concur. Feel No Pain is an excellent gift.

Another is the Axe of Khorne, your Lieutenant should most definitely have one since it is not a Daemon Weapon. On the flipside I need to point out that a model in Terminator Armour cannot take Melta Bombs (he shouldn't hunt tanks anyway) or Rage of Khorne.

Aspiring Champions should be given Power Fists or if you are determined to have them strike at their regular Initiative then take more Axes of Khorne, they're much better than the standard Power Weapons.

#6 ·
aaah, black, here it goes again:
WHAT I HAVE/AM CONVERTING/PLANS: I have 6 deamons (blood letters), which i am makeing, i will probably add them in, i'm also makeing a blood thirster to become a deamon prince and be mad dog with deamonic stature.I'm converting all the bolter armed models to have chain axes, and the close combat weapon ppl will also have chain axes, i also have 3 close combat weapons + bolt pistol armed berserkers still being made (they have no shoulder pads arms or back packs).
this list can only have those added onto it, and changes in equipment.
if you read that you will find what i wanna say to you
but you are right, it has just had add ons to a 1500 pts army, nut if you wanna go there, that was stretched from a 1000pts army which was streched from a 500pts army it's how i make my large armies, it's the same with my friend.

mad dog used to have axe of khorne, but my friend advised that i should give him a dark blade, and as he is more of a veteran player than me, i'll give my terminator probably a cheaper gun and the axe of khorne, so, how about this 4 him:
bonoprat (lieutenant):
termanator armour
bolter
axe of khorne
rage of khorne
melta bombs
spikey bits
and i'm takeing off deamonic fire.

#7 ·
oh and also replace all the power weapons with, oooh, lets see... oh dear... i gotta think this 1 through... ok heres most of my troops again:
the axes of khorne
1 aspiring champ: bolt pistol axe of khorne

the swords of khorne:
1 aspiring champion: bolt pistol, axe of khorne, frag grenades, deamon armour, rage of khorne

the rookies of khorne:
1 aspiring champion: plasma pistol axe of khorne.

so how about that? i kept 1 of the things is cause i need ta save points.

#8 ·
I really dislike Plas pistols on asp champs. If the pistol goes you take the power weapon/fist with you. Plas pistols in Khorn in gerneral don't work well as the rage dosn't let you fire.
I would take the pistols out and replace them with talismans of burning blood, and if you really want plas pistols, put them on the regular troopers. Same BS, but you won't risk all the points on the asp champ.

#9 · (Edited)
thurgor said:
bonoprat (lieutenant):
termanator armour
bolter
axe of khorne
rage of khorne
melta bombs
spikey bits
You cannot use a Bolter, Rage of Khorne or Melta Bombs in conjunction with Terminator Armour (no asterisks next to them in the armoury). Stick with the Combi-bolter that you started with. If you can spare another 10pts then consider giving him Feel No Pain as well. When combined with his Terminator Armour it will make him very hard to kill. Here's how he might look:

Bonoprat (Lieutenant)
Mark of Khorne
Combi-bolter
Axe of Khorne
Spiky Bits
Terminator Armour
113pts

thurgor said:
the axes of khorne
1 aspiring champ: bolt pistol axe of khorne
This is fine, very efficient, but consider adding Frag Grenades.

thurgor said:
the swords of khorne:
1 aspiring champion: bolt pistol, axe of khorne, frag grenades, deamon armour, rage of khorne
Drop the Daemon Armour, it is not worth the points and the Champion is hidden in the squad so no-one should be picking him off individually. Why not Khornate Chainaxes? And give the whole squad Frag Grenades, not just the Champion. Khorne excels in close combat so you need to take advantage of the special weapons that are available to you.

thurgor said:
the rookies of khorne:
1 aspiring champion: plasma pistol axe of khorne.
Forget the Plasma Pistol, you will either die to overheating or not get to shoot due to Blood Frenzy. There are better things to spend points on as noted above.

#11 ·
All the zerker squads should have an AC w/ ToBB and a powerweapon minimum if not powerfist. Bolt pistols is fine for armament seeing that they should ALL have Khornate Chain Axes. The Lord is just well... quite confusing with all the stuff you threw on him. Drop all the Jazz on the pred and the bikers and just give the pred. TLLC and Las Sponsons w/ Mutated Hull and Extra Armor. With the saved points you could go for a shooty Dred, a Dedicated Dred w/ 2x CCW OR another Pred. to beef up your Heavy Support. The Elites are WAY too tricked out as well. Keep it simple with them as they are essentially gonna be fodder.

Without ToBB on your Zerker squads you are pretty much a sitting duck for any army that can as much throw stones. Seeing as they are footsloggers at least give them a really good chance of gettin there without becoming swiss cheese in the process. Well that's my .02 cents do with it what you will.

#12 ·
ah ha, i'll get this outta the way in big bold letters so every reads em(btw i'm not trying to be rude or nething, sorry if u think i am :D):
My force normally faces my rich trigger happy blood angel friend, he has 2 preds (1 baal class and 1 destructor) a vindicator land raider, lots of 5 man heavy weapon squads, and 2 units of 10 terminators , i tried dropping all the stuff but it got stunned 1 turn and then blown up by his huge amount of fire power (frankly i think that is silly, and blood angels are an assualty army...) so to every 1, plz drop it on mypred cause i need it to survive the whole battl, so i may drop a few things on it but NOT much. and lleu, i'm allowed to have rage of khorne and melta bombs with a terminator, thats like saying a terminator can't have frag grenades. ne way IIRC it seys and i quote (he he, that sounds funny...):
Only terminators can use items marked with a *
... but i just checked the rules and he can't :( so here i go again *jumps into a fire and retrives a army book* ok...:

Bonoprat (Lieutenant)
Mark of Khorne
combi-bolter
Axe of Khorne
rage of khorne
deamon armour
113pts

how about that, may be i cud have some points left over to get my deamons in there...

#13 ·
thurgor said:
Bonoprat (Lieutenant)
Mark of Khorne
combi-bolter
Axe of Khorne
rage of khorne
deamon armour
113pts

how about that, may be i cud have some points left over to get my deamons in there...
Drop the combi bolter and take a bolt pistol, it's taking a CC attack away from you, and if you rage you can't fire it anyway. As you are spending so many points to get your attacks up, rage and axe of khorne, it seems silly to take the bolter when you can have an extra cc attack for 2 points less then you are already spending.

Drop deamon armour too, as long as he isn't in front of your army he is never going to be shot at, and it's power weapons you should worry about in CC.
Take deamon aura and feel no pain if you want him to be durable.

#14 ·
If your friend is that damned entrenched and shooty than this list is done for no matter what we suggest. Personally I think you would be better off with a Khornate/Undivided army that incorporates Terms and/or Oblits, Bloodletters and Bikers. This way you can deepstrike w/ the terms and turbo the bikes giving you a chance to demon bomb his armor/rear lines. No matter what you do your heavies are gonna get smashed if he is fielding that kind of firepower regardless of what you throw on them. You would be better off dropping all the crap on the Pred and going with a simple pred. TLLC, Las Sponsons, Mutated hull and extra armor. Grab one or two Havoc Squads as well. His weakness is lack of mobility and heavy shooty. Your Zerks would be churned into butter with the army your friend has. Hitting him fast and hard is the only was to overcome this guy.

#15 ·
do you know some thing, i'm not actually scared of him, he is scared of meand 1 have no idea why (maybe it's cause a single bezerker killed a terminator squad in 2 rounds of combat :D) and my army is no where near dead already, it's quite easy, as soon as his vindicator goes down he's in real trouble :D his baal class pred is an anti-infantry thing and quite useless, all i shud relally be scared of is his land raider (which my men can take care of when we get close) and his anti-tank pred, i'm saving up for a defiler though :D

#16 ·
A Grudge Match!

i played the blood angel, and i lost :( but it was his first major victory against me, and that was only just, and 2 guys with axes of khorne killed 6 terminators in a unit of 10, and if they wern't cheated by thier invunrble save i wud of whiped them out, my men did SERIOUS dammage to his units in my usual charge after i've been blasted to hell. and back. twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.