[1000] Emperor's Children - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Emperor's Children

The thread that I made found here (Slaanesh? Pros? Cons?) (which is still open by the way) has inspired me to whip up this list with my Enemies of the Imperium program. Here it is:

HQ
    Lord of change with Wind of Chaos=160pts

Troops
    12 Noise Marines 9 with sonic blaster and CCW; 1 aspiring champion with sonic blaster and CCW; 1 blastmaster; 1 plasma gun=298pts

12 Noise Marines 8 with BP&CCW; 1 with BP, CCW and chaos icon; 1 with blastmaster; 1 with doom siren, bolt pistol and ccw; aspiring champion with BP, PW, daemonic strength, daemonic resilience, and doom siren=283pts

7 daemonettes=105pts

Heavy Support
    Chaos Predator with TLLC, lascannon sponsons, extra armour and smoke launchers=153pts

Total=999pts

So what'dya think? This is my first time with noise marines so don't be surprised if I screwed up big time. All input welcome. Thanks!

Armies:
    Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Remember, give people rep if they help you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by smguy
    12 Noise Marines 9 with sonic blaster and CCW; 1 aspiring champion with sonic blaster and CCW; 1 blastmaster; 1 plasma gun=298pts
    I take it that this is the demon host? If he is I wouldn't bother putting anything on him but demon chains. Normaly I would dislike putting the demon host in a shooty squad, but as you loaded up on sonic weapons, you can advance as you fire.

12 Noise Marines 8 with BP&CCW; 1 with BP, CCW and chaos icon; 1 with blastmaster; 1 with doom siren, bolt pistol and ccw; aspiring champion with BP, PW, daemonic strength, daemonic resilience, and doom siren=283pts
    Deamon resilience does nothing for your asp champ here. You use average toughness of the squad, which will only be 5 if everyone but the champ is dead, and you have other problems then. If you want to spend the points, give him D.mutation.

On the whole it looks like a good list. I do think you are really lacking in numbers due to the number of sonic weapons. Your shooty squad will outshoot any equiv sized squad, and your close combat squad will out fight most equiv sized squads, but a normal undivided or normal space marine player will have far more troops.
    Personaly I would drop some of the sonic weapons and maybe toss in more deamonettes, can't have too many of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

HQ Lord of change with Wind of Chaos=160pts
    Lord of Chnage is for Thousand Sons army (Tzeencth), I am sure you mean Keeper Of Secrets(Slaanesh Greater Daemon), anyway, having a Greater Daemon in only 1000 points is point sink, better use a Lieutenant and no need to be uber tooled up.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Hello,

Some things look really good...some things (I would say) might work better with a little revision.

HQ: Maybe be a little expensive for a 1000 points, but try it out and see what happens. He will definitely cause your opponent to sweat a little.

Troops: Is there a reason these guys aren't two squads instead of one? Also, what's the purpose of the plasma gun? It doesn't seem to fit with the squad. I'd rather see another sonic blaster. I would say you should tool up the A.C., but I'm guessing he is the daemon host, so that would be a bad idea.

Like xrix1 said, drop the resilience on the A.C. in the second squad.

Daemonettes: Why 7? Reduce this to 6, which will allow you to benefit on your summoning rolls.

Predator: For your build the predator w/ all lascannons seems very well spent. It covers your problem areas. A thought: You might take a 5 man havoc squad w/ masterblasters and tank hunter. With the points from resilience and the extra daemonette, you should be fairly close to getting one. I find that the havocs are less of a target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have looked over what you have said. I play against GK and nids ALL THE TIME. The closest gaming place for me is a 1 hour drive away and since I am in 8th grade, I have to get my parents to do that tand they are not so keen on it. That said, I will now respond to the comments.

HQ: I was planning on having the CC aspiring champion be the daemonvessel (shows how much I know about GD) but you have all assumed that the shooty AC is the daemonvessel which would make a lot of sense. Since GK and Nids all advance relentlessly (the GK have no orrbital bombardment or anything), then I could just summon the GD and hide him behind/ in a peice of terrain so he does not have a "shoot me here" sign painted on him. (And I did mean Keeper of Secrets).

Troops:
    Shooty: I put the plasma gun in because it seemed like the best special weapon that I could give them.

CC: AC; I will definitely will drop the Daemonic resilience on this guy and maybe give him daemonic chains

Daemonettes: The reason thatI have 7 is because I was left with some points to burn after I got the pred. I may drop one like boydgarrett said.

Heavy Support:
    Pred: Ok, glad you like it. A havoc squad may be an option in 1500pts

I have to go now but I will think about this and make some altercations on the list. Thanks!

Armies:
    Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Remember, give people rep if they help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

201 (x4)

My concern is now about the $ cost of your army. Since a box of Slaanesh noise marines include only one blastmaster and one sonic blaster, I'm curious to know where you'll find all your sonic weaponry ? Mail order for those individuals pieces is not cheap at all.

Anyway, the Greater Daemon cost too much points to be usefull in a 1000 points game. But, if you put it out a the right time, it may be a nice surprise. But, IMHO, i would suggest to get 6 more daemonettes and a lieutenant instead of the Greater Daemon.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

When to summon the greater daemon: Firstly, don't ever summon him before he goes into close combat. He should be summoned and then charge in. This is crucial, because he has a chance at taking wounds at the end of your turn for the daemonic instability. If you summon him and then hide him behind terrain, there's a chance that he might just be swept back into the warp- i.e., take wounds from daemonic instability.

Daemonic chains: I say, if you're going to use a greater daemon, then spend the points on chains. It really gives you the consistency you need. I was glad to see you considering this idea.

Predator: One more thing: Is there any way for you to put mutated hull on this pup? In a 1000 point battle you're probably going to see some lascannons. If you take points from the plasma gun in your troopy squad and the 7th daemonette, you're almost there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Deamonic instability only happens when the host is killed before the deamon is summoned. If he is summoned early and just sits around, he dosn't take any wounds.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xrix1
    Deamonic instability only happens when the host is killed before the deamon is summoned. If he is summoned early and just sits around, he dosn't take any wounds.
    Ok, then maybe I called it the wrong thing. I don't use the greater daemons very much. What is it called when the chaos player, at the end of their turn, rolls 3d6 and for every point the player rolls over over the daemon's leadership, the daemon takes a wound w/ no saves possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

That is instability, but greater deamons only suffer that when the deamon host is killed before the greater deamon is summoned.

Otherwise when called on to make ld tests they take insability tests on 2d6 as normal for deamons, which on ld 10 isn't very bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast