Iron warriors list, need a critic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron warriors list, need a critic

Hq- Lord w/ pwr fist, demonic flight, demonic mutation, demonic armour, bolt pistol, demonic resiliance

Lieutenant w/ pwrfist

CHosen Squad- 4x cc marines
    3x with melta guns
    2x aspring champions w/pwrfists
    Rhino Transport with smoke L.

Troops-
    10x 1 aspring championw/pwrfist and plasma pistol - 2x plasmaguns
    1x Rhino w/ smoke L.
    1x Rhino w/ smoke L.
    5x marines with bolters

FST Attack-
    5x Raptors 1xplasma pistol Aspring CH. with powerfist and plasma pistol

Hvy Support-
    1x vindicator w/mutated hull + smoke L.
    3x predators with twin linked lasc. + sponson hvy bolters

The army is my seventh so i wanted an astheticly pleasing one. It sits at about 1,800 pts and i want to put parasitic possesion and demonic possesion on the vindicator to make it an absolute menace, but that will probly never happen

The army is supposed to use the 2 Rhino squads to advance together and isolate squads on a flank using the rhino's to block the rest of the enemies fire as the squad rapid fires the enemies flank apart. The raptors are used to tie up crucial units such as dev. squads or large infantry blocks, the same as the lord who is incredibly useful at butchering full tac squads. with that said the 5 extra marines stay behing the vindicator in reserve to fend off fst attackers trying to get to the rear or sides of the tank. The vindicator is to cover the chosens squads whose initial task is to seek out a tank melta it, then pusue close combat with 10 pwr fist attacks and 3 melta shots b4 the charge should evaporte any TMC or wraithlord. once again the rhino is used as a shield as long as it remains in play Mobile terrain that block los is crucial to this squad. the 3 pred are just cause I absolutely love the models and 3 of them will cripple any amount of armor in a few turns and when its done its still 7 shots apiece at infantry with high strength. I know i lack numbers in a big way but the army appearance is infallable and has fared unbelievably well. it so far has trouble with ofcourse massed infantry w/ pwr wpns.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

You speak like this is an already built list. Is that the case? I'll proceed as if it's still in the stage of accepting changes, but feel free to ignore me if that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by blackschizm
    Hq- Lord w/ pwr fist, demonic flight, demonic mutation, demonic armour, bolt pistol, demonic resiliance
    Drop Armour, get Aura. Drop the Powerfist. You can consider replacing it with a Darkblade, but I'd probably just do a Powerweapon + Strength.

Lieutenant w/ pwrfist
    Drop the Powerfist. Powerweapon, Daemonic Strength in its place.

CHosen Squad- 4x cc marines
    You have one too many special weapon. You'll need to drop a Melta gun. Extra Armour for the Rhino to keep it moving.

1x Rhino w/ smoke L.
    Extra armour for the Rhinos. Drop the Plasma Pistols on the Champions - while Overheats aren't especially common in Chaos lists, when it happens, you'll suffer an expensive loss in that Champion. The Plasma Guns themselves are fine.

5x marines with bolters
    Why even bother? Try to find points to put in a sixth marine carrying a Lascannon - atleast then the squad will have a use.

5x Raptors 1xplasma pistol Aspring CH. with powerfist and plasma pistol
    Drop the plasma on the Champion, for reasons listed above. A squad of six is a little small to be a dedicated CC unit, but you might come out okay as a harrassing squad. Tie up units like Devastators and the like.

1x vindicator w/mutated hull + smoke L.
    Nice. You mention taking Daemonic Possession on this, which would be an okay choice, but not necessary. Might make it more expensive than what'd it be worth in that case.

3x predators with twin linked lasc. + sponson hvy bolters
    Either take Autocannon + Heavy Bolters, or take all Lascannons. Don't try mixing the TLLC and Heavy Bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron warriors

yeah, the army is still in its infantile stages, the dark blade would be a much better choice on the lord i will definitly change that, i must have overlooked the 3 meltas in the chosen squad for i thought it said for every 3rd model in pwr armour may take one and thier is nine there. The 5 basic bolter marines are stupid, but i dont have a direction with them yet. i was either going to go with the lascannon thing or add 3 more w/2 having plasma guns. i prefer the lascanon / hvybolters on the anihilator cause if i use the autocanon i only get 1 more shot and its ap is only 4. so against marines and termies/ even necrons the lascanon is almost always a hit and atleast 1 kill or forces a termie to take a 5+, i just dont see the extra shot bieng that much better. i would put the triple lascannon configuration on some, but with 3 on the board its overkill. i am contiplating switching one out for a basilisk, but the armor 12 really skeeves me and i want to stick to the rogue iron warrior rush that is not normaly a trait they perfer If i took a basilisk it would be the only thing even close to my deployment zone. The raptors are pure harasment and thats all. they usually go oposite of the dual rhino squads on the board to tie up a unit or 2 so the rhino squads can do thier job.
    i do want to replace them eventually though due to their high point cost, but the models are just so cool and resemble evil quite well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

i must have overlooked the 3 meltas in the chosen squad for i thought it said for every 3rd model in pwr armour may take one and thier is nine there.
    Ooooohhh, I see now. You have 4 marines with BP/CCW, 3 marines with Melta, and 2 champions in that squad. I was reading it as four basic marines total, then the two champions. I gotcha now - that's a legal group, in that case.

That being said, Havocs do the same job, for cheaper. You'd need to drop a Predator to pull it off, but you're planning on that anyways, aren't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As motioned by Calluin (by the way nice job on the tactica that stuff is gold) drop a predator or two and maybe consider a defiler or basalisk as your iron warriors.

+ Reply to Thread