2000pts Tzeentchy Lost and the Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

2000pts Tzeentchy Lost and the Damned

1 CSM Aspiring Champion (HQ) @ 92 Pts (assigned to the leaping mutants)
    Make Sorcerer; Mark of Tzeench; Power Fist (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)
    Daemonic Mutation
    Spiky Bits
    #Doombolt
    Daemonic Strength
    Daemonic Speed

10 Gibbering Hordes (Troops) @ 100 Pts

10 Gibbering Hordes (Troops) @ 100 Pts

6 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines (Elites) (cs) @ 376 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Power Weapons; Combi-Bolters
    #Daemonic Essence
    #Terminator Armour

1 Aspiring Champion
    Make Sorcerer; Mark of Tzeentch; CC Weapon (x1); Chainfist (x1)
    #Terminator Armour
    Spiky Bits
    Master-Crafted Weapon
    Daemonic Mutation
    Warp Focus
    #Gift of Chaos

28 Mutants (Troops) @ 414 Pts (Asp Champ assigned)...10 power fist attacks on the charge Smiley
    Leaping; Laspistol; Frag Grenades
    #Daemonic Speed

1 Mutant Boss
    Leaping; CC Weapon; Power fist; Frag Grenades

14 Traitors (Troops) @ 150 Pts
    Lasgun (x13); Meltagun (x1); Frag Grenades

1 Agitator
    Teleport Homer
    Melta-Bombs

14 Traitors (Troops) @ 150 Pts
    Lasgun (x13); Meltagun (x1); Frag Grenades

1 Agitator
    Teleport Homer
    Melta-Bombs

1 Hellhound (Fast Attack) @ 142 Pts
    Inferno Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter
    Pintle Heavy Stubber
    Extra Armour
    Smoke Launchers

10 Chaos Hounds (Fast Attack) @ 100 Pts

10 Chaos Hounds (Fast Attack) @ 100 Pts

1 Leman Russ Battle Tank (Heavy Support) @ 175 Pts
    Battle Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter; Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Extra Armour
    Pintle Heavy Stubber
    Smoke Launchers

5 Chaos Spawn (Heavy Support) @ 100 Pts

Models in Army: 115 (166 wounds)

Total Army Cost: 1999

I'm seriously lacking anti tank firepower...but other than that it should be quite a solid list.
    Against tanks there are those five S9 power fist attacks of the asp champ, the rubric terminators 6 chainfist attacks, two infiltrating meltas and melta bombs, and the leman russ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Nice, I too have a LatD/Tzeentch army, played a little but mostly building...
    A couple of questions though, I have never used the Tzeentchian gift as it seems all too expensive, do you have any experience with it yet and if so-how has it worked out?

Next up is the large squads of traitors. I know you mustt take them in 15 squads if the are the mandatory two troops, but why have them both so large?
    I have had great use of my five man squads. I'd recomend you to split one of them into two and buy them some heavy weapons, infiltrate and blast away. My favourite squad is my mortar-crew infiltrating behind solid cover, out of the way lobbing bombs and claiming quarters:shifty: They are modelled drinking and playing cards

Or you could make them into two infiltrating five-man melta units.

In all my games the hounds have been shot to pieces before they've managed to make any real damage and one unit is the same price as a basilisk- OK I got this thing for tanks I admit.

The major problem for you would be the overwhelming possibility of your one huge mutant squad would be shot before it gets into combat- I must recomend the "bloated"-upgrade, that improved save makes the mutants so hard.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck

Andusciassus

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

The entire list is just a concept, other than the terminators (of my thousand sons army) i don't own any models yet...i'll make them my next army once my thousand sons have reached a decent size.

However, being a tyranid player too i am used to using hormagaunts - T3 at 10-12pts each. These mutants are just 13 points and get T4 and one more attack than hormies (at worse WS and I though). The boss with his four power fist attacks also is a potential badass.
    Together with the asp champ that squad's about 15 survivors will get 60 normal attacks and 10 power fist attacks on the charge, and it will hit the enemy lines by turn two!
    I'll also throw in a teleport homer so that my termies, if they arrive at turn three or later, can teleport right into the enemy deployment zone as that squad will already be there.

So...compared to hormagaunts they are fairly priced, and very hard hitting.

Next up is the large squads of traitors. I know you mustt take them in 15 squads if the are the mandatory two troops, but why have them both so large?
    Just because i don't want to min-max...the list already should be mean enough against infantry. If i run into problems with a lack of anti tank i still can downsize them to get some extra meltas or lascannons.

Another reason is that they should put up some reslience as i want them to be alive when the termies become available.

In all my games the hounds have been shot to pieces before they've managed to make any real damage and one unit is the same price as a basilisk- OK I got this thing for tanks I admit.
    They're more resilient than equal points of hormagaunts or leaping mutants though. If my opponent shoots the hounds, all the better.

The major problem for you would be the overwhelming possibility of your one huge mutant squad would be shot before it gets into combat- I must recomend the "bloated"-upgrade, that improved save makes the mutants so hard.
    Eek, that's nurgle! Well...i do play death guard too, but that has no place in my tzeentchy army. I'm not all that fond of the whole idea of paying 50% more points for 4+ armour instead of 5+ armour anyway. I'd rather have three mutants with 5+ armour than two with 4+ armour. After two bolter wounds i'll have one of them left in both cases, but the three with worse save don't lose their newfound resilience to AP4- or AP6+ weapons, while the bloated upgrade is hardly useful against these.

I'm considering using two squads of 15 instead though, but then i'll need one more asp champ to take care of the morale problems.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'm not all that fond of the whole idea of paying 50% more points for 4+ armour instead of 5+ armour anyway. I'd rather have three mutants with 5+ armour than two with 4+ armour.
    Well, now it's the oppositee way around, you would get three 4+ for two 5+, OK you would be slowed down but still, T4 and 4+ makes quite a durable bunch.
    And the god-specification of the "gifts" are but a suggestion, not a Rule.

Anyhow I get your points but we have such different experiences, I play Thousand Sons and have a real problem with losing even one model:cry: . In my main army TS they are so expensive and that feeling keeps with me while playing the LatD.

Andusciassus

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Well, now it's the oppositee way around, you would get three 4+ for two 5+, OK you would be slowed down but still, T4 and 4+ makes quite a durable bunch.
    True, but those are not comparable. If i take "slow" mutants, then ones without bloatedness. To me, it's floating vs footslogging, not floating vs bloated footslogging...for fluff reasons too

I play Thousand Sons and have a real problem with losing even one model . In my main army TS they are so expensive and that feeling keeps with me while playing the LatD.
    Haha, yeah, i know how that feels...but also the precise opposite. Due to my experience with DE and tyranids i'm absolutely willing to sacrifice anything there is in the list for a tactical advantage without shedding a tear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

i'm absolutely willing to sacrifice anything there is in the list for a tactical advantage without shedding a tear.
    I hoped that wold come to me when I started with the LatD-but nope.

One thing though that I just realised is how sensetive your Traitor units are to Pinning. You could (here I go again) drop a unit of hounds and get them a champ each. Tool heese guys up for the role you planned for the unit. Kai-gun/Bolt of Change+Thralls...but OK you would loose the infiltrate, so maybe not. How about a small traitor unit in a rhino with dirgecaster? Just to keep them in line.

Andusciassus

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

The dirge caster is an interesting thought...neat and fluffy. The rhino can drive up, block LOS to valuable squads, force the opponent to waste firepower to knock out an empty rhino, and the squad meanwhile can hang back with a lascannon or autocannon.

+ Reply to Thread