Death Guard [1500] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Guard [1500]

This is my first Nurgle Army, so please don’t criticize. After this, I’m going to make a Thousand Sons list using some Chapter Approved stuff (My friends are okay with this). From there, I will Compare and choose. My friend is Ig with a horde-y list with full choices of tanks (6 I think), and I think this is a cool assault “in your face idea.? And I didn’t mention the Mark of Nurgle because this is a Death Guard army, and they all automatically have it, though I have figured it into points.

HQ –
    Nurgle Daemon An’Aratharax - 185
    Daemonic Essence, Flight, Mutation, Stature, Aura, Manreaper, Terminator Armor

Troops – 918 Points

7 Plague Marines – 142
    2 Plasma Guns, Free Aspiring champion

7 Plague Marines – 142

7 Plague Marines – 142

7 Plague Marines – 142

7 Plague Marines – 142

7 Plague Marines – 142

Heavy Support –

7 Havocs – 179
    4 Melta Guns, Infiltrate, free aspiring champion

7 Havocs – 179
    4 Melta Guns, Infiltrate, free aspiring champion

Chaos Dreadnought – 90
    Second CC weapon. Heavy flamer on one

Total - 1497

You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    War Titans for 40k. Muahahahaha! They'd be like 50,000 points.
    (This rambling brought to you by too much Caffiene)
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Well, I'm going to offer you my criticism of your build, which is why I think you posted it. Hopefully it will be constructive. First, you're off to a good start. Here are some things to consider.

For your H.Q:
    1) You cannot have both daemonic stature and terminator armor.
    2) I pretty sure your points are off here, though I don't have my codex to confirm it.
    2)I would strongly suggest taking d. strength and d. resilience, as these will really curve out your close combat.
    3)If you choose daemonic stature, I would also take daemonic aura. This ability really pays for itself, because your prince will take alot of shots from lascannons and the likes- even if you give him a movement ability.
    4)I would also consider daemonic speed over flight, because you can still infiltrate (you can't infiltrate w/ d. flight) and get into close combat a round earlier.
    5)Most players will tell you that daemonic mutation is too expensive for your prince, and I tend to agree. Daemon princes are really good without mutation, so I'd consider using these points to beef up your troop choices.

Troops & Havocs:
    1)Your points are off on both your troops and havocs. It costs 153 points for each of your troop squads and 214 for your havocs.
    2)Give your aspiring champsion (a.c.) a power fist. This will allow him to handle light to medium armored vehicles, monstrous creatures, terminators, etc. This also gives the squad a little more of an edge when fighting other troops in close combat (c.c.).
    3) You're going to have problems getting to your enemy. One thing that really helps is to make them all infiltrate.
    4) Melta-guns & Plasma-gun: Very rarely will you need 4 melta gun shots from your havoc squads to take something out. You really only need a couple of melta guns in any one squad, so switch a couple of your troops squads to melta guns. Plasma guns, on the other hand, are extremly effective with 4 in a squad, because plasma guns are also troops killers, and troops are more numerous. For this reason you should consider switching the melta-guns in your havoc squads to plasma-guns.

Dreadnought:
    1) This pup will probably never see close combat, because dreads are slow and easy to take out. I would give him a lascannon or multi-melta so he will be affective while he foot-sloggs across the table in hopes of finding c.c..
    2) Consider giving him mutated hull. For 30 points it will really increase his ability to withstand ranged attacks.
    3) I don't use alot of dreads, but I think they work best when you take 2-3 of them. A single dread is an obvious target, while three dreads makes your enemy have to consider multiple big targets. You might also consider dropping the dread altogether and using the points to further beef up your troop and havoc squads
    Last edited by Rabbit; October 14th, 2005 at 06:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. Heres what i have to say in return. I already have aura on him, but thanks. I'll drop the dread and infiltrate.

HQ
    Last edited by Gerowshow; October 14th, 2005 at 06:06.
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I'm confused... you post a list, but you don't want any criticism on it? So, basically you're just looking for kudos?

I'll just assume you actually wanted to hear some suggestions on how to improve your list, and proceed that way.

Your Lord is fine, though he's got a few things that I don't care for, Essence and Mutation to be exact. But that's just me, and by no means a bad investment. But he is five points over on his Daemonic Gifts limit. You're going to need to drop something. Consider infiltrating him, as to get the first turn charge and put that Manreaper to work all six turns.

The LT's cost is off by ten points. Also, you should really find a way to squeeze in Nurgle's Rot for both the Lord and LT - it's an amazing ability for such a cheap investment. The LT should have a second CCW - a one point investment for +1 attack? Too good to pass up.

Moving on to your Troops and Heavy Support. You should really listen to people when they tell you something, rather than blowing it off. Boyd was correct in his assessment on your points cost - they are off. You are paying far too little for them. Even in your newest incarnation of the list, you are paying far too little per squad.

That being said, they lack any close combat bite. They'll be chewed up piecemeal by any dedicated assault unit, and any standard squad has a good chance to beat them as well. Your best bet is to buy a Powerfist for the Champions - that will go a long ways to improving your list. Nurgle's Rot is handy too.

A few adjustments of the prices, and some relatively cheap upgrades, and you have a very good, competitive list.

EDIT - These comments were all based on the previous post and list above that is now mostly not present.
    Last edited by Caluin; October 14th, 2005 at 16:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. I wrote a second list, but something screwed up and it didn't show. I guess i'll rewrite it.
    HQ
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

****! For sum reason, it will not f-ing show up. What happens is i copy and paste the first list into Quick reply, edit with a calculator. But all that shows up is HQ. I hand did it this time.

HQ
    Chaos Lord - 160 Points
    Manreaper, Terminator Armor, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Strength

Troops
    7 Nurgle Chaos Space Marines - 153 Points (x6)
    2 Plasma guns, free champion

Heavy Support -
    5 Havocs of Nurgle - 214 Points (x2)
    4 Plasma Guns
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

No power fists on the champs?? No Nurgle's Rot?? Not even a Plague Sword??

Its a Death Guard army, but it doesn't seem to Nurgley.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

You should drop the Terminator armour from the LOrd as it takes away the bonus from speed, one could also cosider D.mutation be a waste as the manreaper gives you plenty enough attacks.
    Then give the Lord an aura, and you still have some points left to buy a powerfist or two for your champs.
    Last edited by Andusciassus; October 17th, 2005 at 13:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your plague marines need either infiltrate or rhinos, because they will never make it to the enemy slogging. Drop mutation from your lord as you don't need any more attacks when you have a manreaper.
    "Death is only the beginning"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New list!

HQ -
    Chaos Lord - 150 Points
    Manreaper, Daemonic Speed, Nurgling Infestation, Rot of Nurgle, Infiltrate
    Troops -
    7 Chaos Space Marines of Nurgle - 159 (x2)
    Free Aspiring Champion with Nurgle's Rot, Infiltration

7 Chaos Space Marines of Nurgle - 138 (x4)
    Free Aspiring Champion with Nurgle's Rot

Heavy Support
    7 Havocs of Nurgle - 235 (x2)
    4 Plasma Guns, Infiltrate

Total - 1490

My chaos lord is geared to killing lots in CC, as i play against IG the most. The main problem is that I can only make 4 squads infiltrate, so i went for my shooties, and two of my CC monsters. Instead of P-fist, which would be useless against IG (a slow instakill on horde means nothing) i got nurgle's rot. Each model within 6" of each of my guys of it take a hit. While it is hard to use it to kill, there are so many that it will kill at least a few, and that can tip the battle.
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast