1750 Emperor's Children MKII - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

1750 Emperor's Children MKII

Here is a revised version of my tournie list that I wanted to put up for review.

HQ:177
    Lord (177): MoS, Darkblade, Chaos Marine Bike (With Sonic Blasters), Combat Drugs, Doom Siren, D. Aura, D. Strength

Troops: 880
    6 Marines (173): MoS, CCW & BP, 1 Dom Siren, 1 Blast Master, Frag Grenades, Infiltrate
    Aspiring Champion, Powerfist & BP

6 Marines (173): MoS, CCW & BP, 1 Dom Siren, 1 Blast Master, Frag Grenades, Infiltrate
    Aspiring Champion, Powerfist & BP

6 Marines (177): MoS, 4 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blast Master, Infiltrate
    Aspiring Champion, Powerweapon & BP, D. Strength

6 Marines (177): MoS, 4 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blast Master, Infiltrate
    Aspiring Champion, Powerweapon & BP, D. Strength

Daemonettes (90): 6 Daemonettes

Daemonettes (90): 6 Daemonettes

Fast Attack: 267
    6 Bikers (267): MoS, 6 Sonic Blasters
    Aspiring Champions, Powerfist

Heavy Support: 424
    6 Havocs (212): MoS, 4 Blast Masters, Tank Hunters Or Infiltrate

6 Havocs (212): MoS, 4 Blast Masters, Tank Hunters Or Infiltrate

Total: 1748
    Models: 55

Last edited by thedrifter777; October 21st, 2005 at 19:47.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

lol, 2 days and nobody has any thoughts or comments?
    "Dare to be Naive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter777
    lol, 2 days and nobody has any thoughts or comments?
    I would've commented, but CD pretty much summed up everything I was going to say anyways, so I didn't bother. My only real comment the he didn't touch on would be to swap the Blastmasters for Missile Launchers if you planned on fighting many MEQs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Deleted
    Last edited by thedrifter777; October 21st, 2005 at 19:47.
    "Dare to be Naive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Before I let my topic die, my tournie is comming up real soon and I would appreciate one more check. I made more than a few changes and I think it now covers everything.
    "Dare to be Naive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The list is much nicer, and much more competitive, IMO.

I don't see the point in Doom Sirens. What is your reasoning for taking them? Who carries them in your Noise Marine squads?

I'm gonna get strung up for this, but I hafta say it - I don't like Blastmasters in Havoc squads. I think the Autocannon is far superior. In regular line squads, the Blastmaster is ace, since it can cause pinning. But for Havocs, the Autocannon is a better pick - it has a better chance at causing more hits, which means more wounds. The strength difference is negligable when used against infantry, and the Autocannon (with TankHunters) actually fares better at killing AV 10 through 13 vehicles than a Blastmaster (with TankHunters).

If you think you're going to face many MEQ armies, then the missile launchers are probably a safer bet for the 3+ AP. Otherwise, I suggest Autocannons.3

One other point - consider taking Plasma Guns for the two Sonic Weaponry squads. Just one in each should do. I've heard good things about having that AP value. Even if it's only one gun, that's still two free wounds on most occassions.
    Last edited by Caluin; October 21st, 2005 at 20:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I also like a 1 to 1 ratio of guys to die to guys with heavy weapons in havoc squads. It may be just me, but I hate picking off my heavy weapons, and I know my havoc squads tend to be high on my oponent's target list.

Plus I don't like a squad size of 6 with deamonettes. Rending requires you to toss enough dice that those 6s come up. With 6 deamonettes on the charge you will average 3 rends, which isn't enough damage to a CC SM squad to prevent them from taking a huge chunk out of the deamonettes in return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Thank you so much for the replies. Let me rspond to a few of your comments.
    I don't see the point in Doom Sirens. What is your reasoning for taking them? Who carries them in your Noise Marine squads?
    Doom Siren's are great flamers, and really help with assaulting. I should probably switch them to aspiring champion, but I think having at least one template weapon in a CC sqaud is a good idea.
    I'm gonna get strung up for this, but I hafta say it - I don't like Blastmasters in Havoc squads. I think the Autocannon is far superior. In regular line squads, the Blastmaster is ace, since it can cause pinning. But for Havocs, the Autocannon is a better pick - it has a better chance at causing more hits, which means more wounds. The strength difference is negligable when used against infantry, and the Autocannon (with TankHunters) actually fares better at killing AV 10 through 13 vehicles than a Blastmaster (with TankHunters).

If you think you're going to face many MEQ armies, then the missile launchers are probably a safer bet for the 3+ AP. Otherwise, I suggest Autocannons.3

One other point - consider taking Plasma Guns for the two Sonic Weaponry squads. Just one in each should do. I've heard good things about having that AP value. Even if it's only one gun, that's still two free wounds on most occassions.
    Well let me start of by saying that 4 STR8 AP4 blast a round is nothing to scoff at. But their purpose in the army is defenitly to deal with hordes. Noise marines are excellent against MEQ's so the havocs are there to deal with large numbers of enemies. In their tank hunting role, those blasts will elinate any tank. Now I agree that against MEQ's they are defeniley less effective, but at strength 8 they will still instakill if a save is failed (damnable chaplains).
    I agree, plasma is very effective at what it does. But to be honest it is just unfluffy. Plus sonic weaponry, on the whole, is still very effective even in small numbers.
    Plus I don't like a squad size of 6 with deamonettes. Rending requires you to toss enough dice that those 6s come up. With 6 deamonettes on the charge you will average 3 rends, which isn't enough damage to a CC SM squad to prevent them from taking a huge chunk out of the deamonettes in return.
    As a necron player I know all about needing those ever important rolls of 6. But in squads of 6 they are still effective even 3 rending hits (18 attacks on the charge, 3 rending on average). Plus it forces an oppoent to make a choice; deal with a group of suddenly appearing rening deamons, or face a charge that will probably force a sweeping advance.
    "Dare to be Naive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think you could fit 12 daemonettes on a summoning template?

Sabre

+ Reply to Thread