Iron warriors 638pts sexy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron warriors 638pts sexy

Here's what i'v got for my Iron warriors army so far and i'm a bit stuck on where to go from here...

Luitenant : Kai gun =70

6 Chaos Space Marines : Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun =99

6 Chaos Space Marines : Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun =99

5 Chaos Space Marines : Lascannon =85

Basilisk =100

Chaos Dreadnought : Plasma Cannon =115

Obliterator =70

=638 (19man 2Armour)

Yeah i really wanted a vinacator, another Chaos Space Marine Squad and another Obliterator to add on and make a 1000point army but i'm in Australia and they don't have any vin's in stock so if i wan't one i would have to mail order it.

But anyway i need some profesional (or novice) opinions/suggestions on what to invest in to make my 1000pt army...

Last edited by Jack White; October 17th, 2005 at 18:32.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only suggestion would be get rid of the basilisk and the Dread, and get another Oblit and maybe some more troops for those points. Your not going to need a template like that in such a small game. I would also replace all of the special weapons in the CSM squads with Missle launchers, they are far more versitile and be much cheaper.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

dont do the above. sorry but a dred with plasma is ace (might be putting one in my 1K)
    one more oblitorator
    i CC squad with powerfist? or you want all shooty??
    a bear bones vindicator will fit in there but a defiler maybe the key

wat armies do you play often??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play all dif armies but mostly chaos and guard the army i have right now witch is

Luitenant
    1 Oblit
    1 Basi
    3 squads (6,6,5) one with lascannon and 2 others with heavy B and Plas guns
    Dread

is currently at 10 wins and 3 draws no losses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

So i'm taking it your not going to move at all during the game? My advice is to make one of the CSM squads CC oriented with 2 plasma guns or 2 melta guns that way you have something that can advance on the enemy, and make them move as well. In a 1000pt game you really don't want a bassy because the minimum range is 36, and your probably playing on a 4X4 board

You really want a Vindicator, and another marine squad, another obliterator, also mark of undivided and where are your power weapons?
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bas is only min 36 if you give it indirect

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'd say what you'll need next is a dedicated closecombat-unit. You have firepower enough, for now, but lack in hand to hand.
    Get a unit with powerfist-wielding champion and some assult weaponary (meltas/flamers) to take care of those getting too close.
    I have been thinking about starting an IW-army just to get the opportunity to field a unit of possessed with daemonic talons. I think IW-ones could be so nice if one converted them using the pit-fighters saws and drills from the necromunda range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that does sound pritty awesome and im thinking about acting on that, a small group of possesed would add some deptha dn colour to my army but on another matter do you think i should invest some points into my "lord to be" and make him a punch to the face if they do get too close.
    And the predator i think i'll get one with autocannon and lc side sponcers and another obliterator along with making a more adaptible squad for some cc for when it's needed

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I think your Lt could really develop into a Lord by gaining experience in hand to hand combat.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Andusciassus
    i AM doing that with the pit slaves, im looking to give the guys spider mechanical legs too, but cant find any, tomb spider just looks too big.

to Jack White, as i said a long way above and everyone else has reinforced (spelt wrong) you need a close combat unit, powerfist is the way to go, i personaly would go for plasma or flamer assualt weapons as you do have a large amount of lascanons for the tanks and such. possibly consider infiltrate or otherwise most definatley a rhino.

Andusciassus said to use/ mentioned the possesed squad, in a 1K points army they are expensive, with talons or mutation and the leader with mutation or powersword/fist this can be deadly. you will only be able to field 8 max in 1K and if your opponant knows whats in that rhino it will be destroyed. why not try out infiltrating raptors (i say this far too much) they are beauites you can charge first turn, tieing up a unit that may cause trouble further dwon in the game (devestators, command squads, terminators, the list goes on....), equiped with 3 plasmas will dismantle heavy armour or 3 meltas for over kill on armour, and 3 flamers for horde. sorry for stating the obvious. got carried away!!

i am painting a squad right now, i hope to get the pics online soon.

DJ87

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast