1000pt Pro tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Pro tourney list

Here's my 1000 pt army i am planning to use in the upcoming tourns and i plan to blow all the **** away
    Luitenant : Kai gun, Krak Granades =72

6 Chaos Space Marines : Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun =104

6 Chaos Space Marines : Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun =104

5 Chaos Space Marines : Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun =90

5 Chaos Space Marines : Lascannon =85

Basilisk =100

Chaos Dreadnought : Plasma Cannon =115

Predator : Twin Linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Side Sponcers =130

3 Obliterator =210

=1000

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Looks pretty good, couple of things though.

- Basalisk should have indirect fire

- Plasma cannons were really nerfed in 4th edition, I would highly suggest another weapon

- This is a hotly debated topic among chaos players, but I come from the school of thought that weapons should complement each other. The preds lascannon do not go well with the bolters. If you want bolters, go with the autocannon. But I persoannaly think that the autocannon with lascannon sponsoons is the best combo. Also include daemonic posession, no matter what the confguration, if you can find the points.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Drop the Krak Grenades on the Leiut. Either go Melta Bombs, or nothing at all.

Drop the Plasma Guns. Weapons in a squad should complement each other - the Plasma Guns are an odd duck.

Go Heavy Bolter with the Dreadnaught. It'll give you some much needed anti-horde, and will actually do more damage in the long run. If that doesn't appeal, take a TLLC. One way or another, the Plasma Cannon is a waste.

Heed Drifter's advice about the Predator. He's absolutely correct in his assessment.

When you deploy the Obliterators, be sure to deploy them each in their own Elite FO slot. Basically, you'll have three groups of one Oblit each. It'll help increase their firepower, as well as their survivability.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

If anyone infiltrated a CC-army you'd be in a world of trouble. It could be wise to have some cc-ability, maybe one squad with a powerweapon-wielding champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my game stats with my current IW army stand at 10 wins and 3 draws 0 losses and yeah that has been a threat sometimes but a quick pull back of the rest of the army and wait for there unit to come out of combat i blast em outa the sky or i manuever my oblit and dread to lock em so i usuall have to be pritty crafty and hide them for a bit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Your army is off to a good start. Here's my bit:

Predator: There are some armies that need a predator w/ hull lascannons and h. bolter sponsons to manage both the swarm and the vehicles (like Tzeentch and sometimes Khorne). However, in your case, like people have already mentioned, make your predator configuration compliment itself. Figure out your weakness and then configure your predator to manage it.
    Daemonic possession and mutated hull: These are both good upgrades for your vehicle. I'm of the opinion that if you're going to sink points into a vehicle then you should make sure it has some staying power. One a predator D. Possession is probably more effective, simply because the predator is weak on its sides and will need help recovering. Mutated hull is nice, but 12 side armor just isn't enough to stop most things.
    One a dread consider mutated hull over d. possession. The dread w/ mut hull has 13 armor on all but its rear. This one point really curves your armor into resisting more ranged attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I think your going to run into problems. Go marks of undivided, no power weapons, no CC units. Assault armies will eat you alive, or any armies that are mobile will rough you up pretty good. I understand what your trying to do, but in tournaments you usually come across a game where you are trying to claim an objective.... your list does not have this capability, because you do not have a mobile list.

1000 pt list with 23 marines.... i'd want some havocs that are infiltrating with plasma guns to keep your opponent honest, i'd also want MoU, and a Aspring with Power Weapon/Power fist to win those combats.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as iron warriors to i "Have" to put marks of undivided in my army???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack White
    as iron warriors to i "Have" to put marks of undivided in my army???
    Nope. "May". Just can't include any other mark.

That being said, you should get the Mark of Chaos Undivided for the units you really want to stick around. It's a cheap upgrade, and makes a world of difference.

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Hehe you could be REALLY evil and add a fully tooled up demon prince, god I can just imagine your opponent's faces at the tournament...
    A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast