[1850] world eaters VS space marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1850] world eaters VS space marines

this is my first time playing as chaos, and i chose world eaters becaus i heard they were easy, and because i played khorne in fantasy and it kicked ass. this is the list i came up with to fight space marines.

HQ
    demon prince, berserker glaive, feel no pain, demonic flight, demonic strength, demonic resilience, demonic mutation, spikey bits=185
    Elites
    obliterator=85pts
    Troops
    16 khorne berzerkers with chain axes,free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood,=360
    16 khorne berzerkers with chain axes,free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood,=360
    Heavy support
    predator anihilator with lascannon sponsons=145

total=1855

i would also like advise on how to turn this into a 2000pt list against the whitch hunters, i was thinking of getting a blood thirster, stripping one aspiring champion, and summoning it through him. would getting demonic chains or a personal icon help for that guy?

Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

-The single Obliterator seems WAY out of place.
    -Your lord is illegal, you can't take Daemonic Flight with a Berzerker Glaive.
    -That predator is going to die REALLY fast.

But the main thing, armies like this become really boring to play really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tiaxrulesall
    HQ
    demon prince
    As BK said, this combo is illegal. With the Glaive, you're not allowed to take any other movement mods, which includes Flight.

Secondly, as it stands, you're five points over the Daemonic Gifts limit. This is remedied by having to drop Flight however.

Instead of the Glaive, consider taking an Axe of Khorne and Daemonic Aura in it's place. It's much easier to control your Lord this way, and doesn't make him a huge target with a large "Lascannon me" sign on his front. Also, if you really want to go against Space Marines and Witchhunters, you're probably going to want a Collar of Khorne. A good way to free up enough points for it is to swap Flight for Speed - this will allow you to move along with your Beserker squads, and then charge in quickly.
    Elites
    obliterator=85pts
    First, you're paying the wrong amount of points for this bad boy. Secondly, he doesn't belong in a Khorne list. This guy right here is costing you the Free Aspiring Champions in your Beserker squads. Best to drop him.
    Troops
    16 khorne berzerkers X4
    Points are off, from what I see. You're paying slightly more than you need to be. If I had to guess, it looks like you didn't take into account the Champion point reduction for Gifts and Upgrades. Also, as I said above, because of the Oblit, you don't get the free Champion bonus.

You should probably split two groups into 8's.
    Heavy support
    predator anihilator with lascannon sponsons=145
    A single Predator is not a good idea in this list. It'll draw far too much (namely, all) of the anti-tank firepower, and will be lucky to live one turn.

Your best bet is to drop some Beserkers. Take an extra Predator or two. Then, make sure they all have Daemonic Possession. Mutated Hull is okay as well, but Daemonic Possession should always come first.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Here's more advice for you:

H.Q.:
    glaive- I've actually had alot of success w/ this weapon. However, if you are playing against an experienced player (I always assume I am) he will control your lord the entire game- this is not a good thing :tongue: . Caluin made some good suggestions for not only your H.Q. but all of your army; so I'm going to skip over the things he mentioned.
    daemonic mutation- This is really too expensive for what it does. Spend the points on a power fist for your troops (that is, if you end up splitting your troops into smaller 8x groups, in which case you're going to need to buy more power fists).

Troops:
    daemonic mutation- same as with the prince. It's too expensive, and the points can be used to upgrade other aspects of your army. Also, a squad of berzerkers should be doing plenty of damage against space marines without the use of d. mutation.

Predator:
    Like Caluin said, take two at least (maybe three). Give them mutated hull or daemonic possession to help them stay alive. I don't really care for the predator, especially -vs- marines, because you will see alot of lascannons. If you're going to take them, then I'd suggest taking a hull-mounted auto-cannon and lascannon sponsons, as this will be cheaper than the hull-lascannon, and the take will still be effective if your opponent destroys an armament. I'd also advise you to experiment with all the predator configurations, until you find the one that works best for you.

Bloodletters:
    These daemons are made to take down 3+ armies. Marines are the favorite targets (save for necrons). I know they're expensive, but if summoned correctly, they will easily make their points back and then some. They will take down termis like butter- mmm buttter. But seriously, consider these pups in replacement of one to two squads of berzerkers.

Bikers:
    I run between one and two bike squads in my 2000 point build. I might even consider dropping your predator altogether for bikers, as bikers have more staying power on the board. I would suggest taking two 6-man squads and paying for the aspiring champion upgrade; then give him a melta gun or plasma gun. With a melta gun, the unit will serve a similar role as your predator, while also being very effective in c.c. Also, if you plan on using bloodletters, then bikers will allow you to summon them and assault into c.c. the second turn- a very nasty thing for your opponent.

Bloodthirster:
    I would not use him an any army less than 2000 points. This guy is a mixed bag of marbles. I've had success and failure with him. For the most part, he's very effective and helps the momentum of your army as soon as he comes into play. He's also great for psychological warfare. No one likes seeing him on the board (especially if you are using the forgeworld bloodthirster), because he just looks nasty. I'd definitely consider a bloodthirster. I'd proxy him in casual games first to see if you like him, because he's rather expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-i played the game against space marines, we discovered about halfway through that i couldn't take the glaive and wings, so he made me move my lord backward. i lost pretty badly, but that was mainly because one squad failed all of their blood rage rolls, and only made it to the enemy on the 4ourth turn. also, my oponent wiped me out with a 4 plasma cannon devestator squad, and one squad got tied up with a dreannaugt for 5 turns as my power fist repeatedly failed to kill it.

here is my 2000 point list against the whitch hunters that i wil be playing this sunday.
    HQ
    bloodthirster=205
    Demon prince,berserker glaive, feel no pain, demonic strength, demonic resilience, demonic stature, demonic essence, spiky bits=180pts
    Troops
    8 berzerkers with chainaxes, free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood,spikey bits=205
    8 berzerkers with chainaxes, free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood, personal icon, spikey bits=215
    16 berzerkers with chainaxes, free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood, personal icon, spikey bits=375
    16 berzerkers with chainaxes, furious charge, free aspiring champion with talism of burning blood , demonic chains=408
    8 bloodletters=208
    8 bloodletters=208
    total=2004
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Your 8 man troops look pretty good. I would remove daemonic mutation. Having 16 berzerkers in a squad is just plain overkill. You still need a way to deal with vehicles besides power fists. Consider dropping the rest of your berzerkers down to 8 man squads and using the points to buy 2 predators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here i go again
    HQ
    bloodthirster=205
    Demon prince,berserker glaive, feel no pain, demonic strength, demonic resilience, demonic stature, demonic essence, spiky bits=180pts
    Troops
    8 berzerkers with chainaxes, free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood,=200
    8 berzerkers with chainaxes, free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood, personal icon, spikey bits=215
    8 berzerkers with chainaxes, free aspiring champion with powerfist, demonic mutation, talism of burning blood, personal icon,=210
    8 berzerkers with chainaxes, free aspiring champion with talism of burning blood , demonic chains=224
    8 bloodletters=208
    8 bloodletters=208
    Heavy Support
    predator ahihilator, lascannon sponsons, mutated hull=175
    predator ahihilator, lascannon sponsons, mutated hull=175
    total=2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Okay, you're looking much better.

The points are off on your Lord. He only costs 170.

The points are off on your beserkers. The first squad is only 190 points. Second squad is only 210. Third squad is 200. Fourth squad is 185.

Check your Codex carefully to make sure you're paying the correct cost for your upgrades. You're paying out points that can be used in other places.

Don't buy Personal Icons for the champions - you already get a free Icon; why do you need a second? Save those 20 points.

Buy Daemonic Possession for the Predators. It'll keep them firing, and make them a serious threat to all armies. They won't be able to settle for keeping them stunned; they'll have to destroy them, which buys time for your troops to cross the board.

+ Reply to Thread