[2000pt] iron warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000pt] iron warriors

hi im new to libraium online and new to warhammer 40k. so i thought id post an army list. so hear it goes

Hq:110
    chaos lord
    mark of chaos undivied
    teminator armor
    pwr wepon
    =110

Elites:210
    3 obliterators
    =210

Troops:787
    10 csm
    mark of chaos undivided
    1 asp champion with pwr fist and melta gun
    1 with heavy bolter
    4 with chainswords and bolt pistols
    4 with bolters
    =219

10 csm
    mark of chaos undivided
    1 asp champ with pwr fist and melta gun
    6 with chainswords and bolt pistols
    3 with bolters
    =206

10 csm
    mark of chaos undivided
    1 asp champ with pwr wepon and bolt pistol
    4 with chainswords and bolt pistols
    5 with bolters
    =192

10 csm
    mark of chaos undivided
    4 with chainswords and boltpistols
    6 with bolters

Fast:217
    5 bikers
    mark of chaos undivided
    1 asp champ with pwr fist
    2 with chainswords
    2 with bolt pistols

Heavy:674
    5 havoks
    mark of chaos undivided
    1 asp champion with pwr fist and melta gun
    1 heavy bolter
    1 lascannon
    1 autocannon
    1 missle
    =219

1 defiler
    autocannon
    missle
    indirect fire
    =185

1 basilisk
    indirect fire
    =125

1 vindicator
    indirect fire
    = 145

Total=1998(i think :unsure: )

well thats it if any one has any coments or sugestions i would apreaciate the feed back

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the Lord supposed to go?
    He's mean in cc, but not a monster, he cant shoot and he's the only model in terminator armour... he seems a bit pointless.
    I would either give him a couple of daemonic gifts, strenght and resilience mayby, and a boltpistol and stick him in a cc squad, or degrade him to a Lt., give him a Kai gun and stick him in a shooty squad. Either way, I'd loose the terminator armour.

You have given 2 of your Champions meltaguns, do you mean Combi-meltas? If you do, thats a lot of points to pay for one meltagun shot.

I dont see the advantage of mixing bolter armed marines with boltpistol marines, why not make dedicated cc squads with 2 special weapons each, and shooty squads with a heavy weapon and maybe a special weapon?

That brings me, very neatly, to the question of special and heavy weapons, why dont you have any? Most of your squads are armed with bolters and boltpistols exclusively, which means that they will have a tough time against.. well, anything with better armour save than 5+ for starters.

Your havoc squad has plenty of heavy weapons, but mixing anti-infantry guns with anti-armour makes for a unit that can do a bit of everything, but no matter what it shoots at, it wastes at least one gun.

So overall I'd make 2 ccw squads with special weapons (and possibly Infiltrate or Rhinoes) and 2 shooty squads, mainly decked out for anti-infantry duty, your havocs can deal with armour, along with your heavy choices.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Cool, glad you would like our opinions.
    I agree with Gorbass, but ive wrote my list of points and i dont want to edit it, so there may be many subjects that are covered twice.

Bolt pistols + Bolters in squads does not go well, if a unit divesifies then it will be able to fight OK in both situations, but if you specilise your squads towards one aspect of the battle, then they are more likly to regain the points you have paid for them. In short swap bolt pistols for bolters in some squads and vice versa in the remaining.

Special/Heavy weapons, these cannot be taken by the aspiring champion, you need to stock up on some heavy or special weapons otherwise heavy infantry armies (4+ armour save or better) will take very few loses and the same with the tank heavy armies. if i was you i would take plasma guns/missile launchers combo with the fire support squads (bolters) this will allow you to take out tanks with the missile and have a good go with the plasma, and kill a large amount of heavy infantry.Then either take plasma pistols/guns or flamers with your assualt squads (bolt pistols). I would only take flamers if you are most likely to be playing a light infantry army (5+ or worse) as they have a poor AP so most heavy infantry will just ignore them. plasma pistols can be used inconjuction with the colsecombat weapon to recieve two attacks in close combat, and plasma guns could be used on the way in if you want to run across the board (which is unwise. so probabley dont tak them!!).
    Havocs, should pick a task and then excel at that field. Havocs that aim to kill light infantry take flamers and bolters for close or missile launchers for long. heavy infantry take plasma for heavy infantry. for tanks take either lascannons or missile launchers (with tank hunters they get cheap lascannons!!!) for long or melta guns for close.

Squad sizes if you reduce the sizes of some of your squads then you could specilise more squads, a cheap anti tank troop squad clocks in at 85 points, (five marines and a missile launcher) this gives you an extra anti tank round without wasting a ten man squads worth of firing.

The Vindicator cannot take indirect fire. 25 points to play with eh!!
    Daemoinc possesion is good, with this you will nearly always be able to fire your demolisher cannon.

your leader fulfills no battle field role, as Gorbass said, chop of the termie armour, kit him out with a Bolt pistol power weapon D.strength (btw D. stands for daemonic) and MOCU as you have saving 19 points and he has a purpose, killing in combat. put him in a rhino with a suqad of close combat marines and watch him pull them a part. you could always add more stat buffing gear to him but thats your choice.

for the battlefield, split apart your oblitorators, they will be able to split there fire on to more than one unit at a time (you dont have to waste 3 lascannons on one tank instead having a crack at 3 for example.)

drop the missile launcher off the defiler, you can only fire either the ordanace OR the other weapons, so its not worth it really.

As I might have mentioned above and Gorbass has definately said, Havocs should have a designated role, so kit them out with the same weaponary, or near equivelants, taking tank hunters and missile launchers instead of lascannons will save you 45 points!!!!! that is nothing less than godlike.

Bikes, I...just....dont like them at all, they have some sound rules but its my preference. you cant shoot your bolt pistols and your combi bolter. That squad is worth 208 points, which in my opinion is a total rip off! they will do well to take this back, but are quite resilliant, I propose (oh god here i go, i might just have this tattoed on my face so i dont have to reapeat myself so much!!!!!!! lol) Raptors, with infiltrate, they can assualt on the first turn if you are lucky, but if your opponant twiggs on to whats happening, then they will die.

Oh god this must be the longest post ive ever done.

hope i helped, waiting for your reply DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first thing i suggest is your squads are a bit random and as an iron warrior we don't to seemuch combat so your squads should be like

6CSP
    Missile laucher
    Plasma Gun

Just keep the squads small but with enough firepower threat to draw attention. Also you can get alot of theese little puppie squads and for some of them you can even put infiltrate and have your fire come from everywhere. They wont no what hit em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for every thing its relly helped out alot.

P.S. I know this is kinda a noob question. its regarding ordinance.(im not sure if im suposed to start a new thread or not plz let me no if i am)
    #1: are u allowd to fire ordinance every turn. like am i alowd to fire the battle cannon , earthshaker and demolisher every turn?

#2: i put indirect fire on my basilisk and difiler i know what it does, but how does it help? im still not relly sure how i should use it in the field or if i should use it

and thanks again for all the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iced capp
    thanks for every thing its relly helped out alot.

P.S. I know this is kinda a noob question. its regarding ordinance.(im not sure if im suposed to start a new thread or not plz let me no if i am)
    #1: are u allowd to fire ordinance every turn. like am i alowd to fire the battle cannon , earthshaker and demolisher every turn?

#2: i put indirect fire on my basilisk and difiler i know what it does, but how does it help? im still not relly sure how i should use it in the field or if i should use it

and thanks again for all the help
    As long as you don't move more than 6 inches every turn you can fire ordanance every turn and as to the usage of indirect fire i have two strategys:

a)Stick them behind a hill for protection and pummel them while they can't hurt you.

b)Use it to hit enemies that are using terrain to avoid the shots You can hit them that way (It lobs the shell instead of just blasting straight ahead)

Hope that helped!

zeus
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx Zeus that did help

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

please note for indirect fire, minimum range for firing indirectly (without LOS) is 36 inches, so on a small board you can scrape there deployment zone which is not bad bt can be desastrous against movey movey armies. you can still fire directly as normal but 2X25P is a lot to spend for the odd chance. i understand with the basilisk but possibly not with the defiler, its got other guns to.

whats happening then to your army?? making/made any changes since you wrote post?? anything from our comments

DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The minimum range for indirect is 36", but on a 4x4 board there's 48" across and a lot longer diagnally, so its usually worth the points, you just have to be clever when setting up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnot get the vindicator..it has a low range...but if you were planing on advancing w/ those marines (werent many heavy weapons, i thought you might try to assault...), a vindicator would be good bcause if ANYTHING does get in its range....
    The lord is a bit of a pointsink...what will you use him for?
    "Kill a thousand men, and they will hate you. Kill a million men, and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man, and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men, and they will scream and wail in the night."
    - Zso Sahaal, Talonmaster of the Night Lords

+ Reply to Thread