[2000] Thousand Sons (Friendly vs Nids) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Thousand Sons (Friendly vs Nids)

Just for a larf, but the army looks suave, and it worked against orks...

HQ

Daemon Prince - Stature, Flight, Strength, Resiliance, Armour, Bedlam Staff, Eye of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch 190

Chaos Lieutenant - Bolt of Change, Master Crafted Lightning Claws, D.Strength, Spiky Bits, Terminator Armour 175

Elites

5 Chosen
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Reaper Autocannon, Combi melta, Aspiring Champion with Bolt of Change and Inferno Bolts 329

9 Possessed - Mark of Tzeentch, Talons, Aspiring Championwith Bolt of Change 378

Troops

9 Rubric Marines - Aspiring Champion with Power Weapon, Combi Bolter and Inferno Bolts 236

8 Rubric Marines - Aspiring Champion with Bolt of Change and Thrall Wizard 221

9 Rubric Marines - Aspiring Champion with Bolt of Change and Thrall Wizard 256

Heavy Support

Chaos Dreadnought: Mutated Hull, Plasma Cannon, Havoc Launcher, Coruscating Flame 185

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Majik

Elites

5 Chosen
    - Mark of Tzeentch, Reaper Autocannon, Combi melta, Aspiring Champion with Bolt of Change and Inferno Bolts 329

9 Possessed - Mark of Tzeentch, Talons, Aspiring Championwith Bolt of Change 378
    I have to say that I am against any non rubric unit with the mark of Tzeench. The amount you are paying to get the ability to pay more for psi powers just isn't worth it. I would 100% make the termies rubric. You might lose the reaper cannon and the combi melta, but it's a very good trade. Keep the champ with the bolt of change, but do you really need to spend more on inferno bolts? You are already spending a mint on a shooting power, why spend more when you can only use one a turn? A 5 man squad +AC with BoC costs approx 260 (codex isn't on me). You gain 4 wounds and save 70 points.

Possessed with talons are a powerful but expencive choice in any army, but again you are spending a mint per model to give them access to spend even more on them. I'm sure some people dissagree but this squad costs far far to much for what it can do. Drop them for either more rubric marines, termies or power armour.

Troops

9 Rubric Marines - Aspiring Champion with Power Weapon, Combi Bolter and Inferno Bolts 236

Make every squad 9, and toss a power weapon but preferably a powerfist on every AC. Inferno bolts and a combi bolter arn't going to do nearly as much damage as Doom bolt and a few thralls.

Heavy Support
    Chaos Dreadnought: Mutated Hull, Plasma Cannon, Havoc Launcher, Coruscating Flame 185
    [/quote]
    It's not cheap, but it should be fun to use. I would recomend some more tank hunting in this list. Bolt of change is short range and only str 8. Maybe a pred would do well. There have been many recent threads on pred layouts.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I feel my critisism of your army can seem a bit harsh, but it's not intended to be mean in any way. If you feel like you are getting upset of what I write, then just ignore it
    Some of the points though I would really like you to take a second look at. Bah, here goes...

This list is a bit odd. First there are a few points I really think you must check again.

This one would be 239 points. But there is no point in giving your champ a combi bolter as he does not benefit from the Slow and Purp. rule. You give him Doombolt instead and at least one thrall.

I get this unit to 250 points, yu should really get it up to nine. Them last two wounds is but 11 points. Throw in a couple of thralls and some cc-ability on the champ.

This one is but 241 points but I think you should add a powerthingie on the champ. prefarebly a fist

I'm a firm beliver in fists on the sons- you don't want an expensive fearless unit like this locked in cc against a dread or something else you cannot hurt.

Daemon Prince -
    Stature, Flight, Strength, Resiliance, Armour, Bedlam Staff, Eye of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch 190

I think this guy could do well with an invul. save. And how comes this Thousand Sons Daemon Prince ain't got no psycicpower? Drop the Eye and give him Wind- this will make him ever more nasty. I'm not to great a fan of the Bedlamstaff either, he could very well use another Daemonweapon or just 2ccw's to be more points effective. The armour will not give that much protection as one could think. The weapons fiering at him in the shooting phase will be AP-low and the only real danger to him in cc is weapons that ignores armour all together.

Chaos Lieutenant -
    Bolt of Change, Master Crafted Lightning Claws, D.Strength, Spiky Bits, Terminator Armour 175

Is this guy for cc or ranged fire? I found that the sons are so expensive that one will have problems when trying to make people omnipotent. You got the prince and the possessed for cc and two cc units in a TS-army is really solid.

5 Chosen -
    Mark of Tzeentch, Reaper Autocannon, Combi melta, Aspiring Champion with Bolt of Change and Inferno Bolts 329

Those guys are expensive beyond justification. 5 wizards with one spell? And the guy knowing the spell also has the Infernobolts? You could gain some quality by changing the spell to someone else in this squad, but I think those points could be used much better, you pay to much I get them to 320 points. But once again you've got a unit that could be locked down and anihilated by a dread- not a single powerfist. I mean the chainfist for the chosen is deadcheap.
    I would recomend you to completerly drop this unit and get another squad of sons instead, or two Defilers.

9 Possessed -
    Mark of Tzeentch, Talons, Aspiring Championwith Bolt of Change 378

This is one hard unit in cc, but will they get there? And once again one spell for a unit with nine wizards could be considered a waste. If you want to use them get them some transport- I would rather get a Landraider and some Gift of Chaos's for this unit then fielding the chosen squad.

The Dread is OK, though if you plan on having it fire theese two ranged weapons I would suggest the Daemonic Possession. I would take that before I took the HavocL.

Hope you don't hate me now... I might seem a bit hard on you but I really only pointed out things I think will improve your list.

Good luck

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Andusciassus and xrix1 made some very good recommendations your army. I don't have anything to add, but sometimes it's good to know that other players agree with the criticisms of your army. Good look

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All summer I played a 'Stealer heavy army and have come to know the 'Nids very well. That said, here I go.

5 Chosen[/B] - Mark of Tzeentch, Reaper Autocannon, Combi melta, Aspiring Champion with Bolt of Change and Inferno Bolts 329
    I would jsut leave out this unit, I don't really see the purpose, I would much rather see another Squad of Thousand Sons. Or even Flamers, They can do some real damage, I would use those possessed if you put them in a transport to summon them. However, I do like to hang back and let them come to me.

This unit will not be very happy if they make it into combat with Genestealers. The Genestealers can go blow for blow with them for a fraction of their cost. And gaunts can overwhelm them very easily. If you are going to keep them I would suggest Gift of Chaos for a few and maybe 2 with wind of chaos. Those big nasties dont like Gift of Chaos in numbers. Suddenly a 180 pt Hive tyrant is a 20pt Chaos spawn :w00t: I used this on the 'Nid army I played this summer, and he now hates possessed with such a passion, that when I put them on the board. It is what he shoots at with 80% of his ranged attacks, and avoids them at all costs.

I would rather see you put these points towards a Defiler or two, they are invaluable against a horde army like this. When I play against them I usually have two, and aim for the 'stealers first and then the 'gaunts. I have taken out a few ripper swarms in my time as well. As well as Warriors.

Long story short, Either eliminate your elite choices for more troops and some Defilers, or give your possessed some transport (Land Raider prefered).

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

+ Reply to Thread