1500 pt Black Legion Army (friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Black Legion Army (friendly)

Hi all,

Something I made with AB:

1500 Pts - Chaos Space Marines Army

1 Chaos Lord (HQ) @ 147 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Power Weapon (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)
    Frag Grenades []
    Daemonic Mutation []
    Daemon Armour []
    Daemonic Aura []
    #Furious Charge []

9 Chosen (Elites) @ 230 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; CC Weapon (x9); Bolt Pistol (x7); Flamer (x2);
    Frag Grenades
    #Furious Charge []
    #Icon of Chaos Undivided [0]

13 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 258 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; CC Weapon (x13); Bolter (x11); Missile Launcher
    (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)

1 Aspiring Champion @ [] Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Power Fist (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)

11 Chaos Space Marines (Troops) @ 228 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; CC Weapon (x11); Bolter (x9); Missile Launcher
    (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)

1 Aspiring Champion @ [] Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Power Fist (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1)

14 Daemonette (Troops) @ 210 Pts
    Daemonette
    #Daemonic Talons [0]

5 Chaos Bikers (Fast Attack) @ 210 Pts
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; CC Weapon (x5); Combi-Bolter (x3); Plasma Gun
    (x2)
    #Chaos Marine Bike [0]
    #Furious Charge []

1 Chaos Defiler (Heavy Support) @ 215 Pts
    Front Armour: 12/13; Side Armour: 12/13; Rear Armour: 10/11; Battle
    Cannon; Indirect Fire; Reaper Autocannon; Upgrade to Havoc ML
    #Daemonic Possession [0]
    #Havoc Launcher [0]
    Mutated Hull []

Models in Army: 56

Total Army Cost: 1498

The plan was to get the lord and retinue into HTH as soon as possible, and then summon the Daemonettes to slaughter the rest, as the bikers charge the flank.

The CSM troops and Defiler should provide the lord with fire support.

Should I remove the Defiler and take a Chaos Predator with: (TL Lascannons, Lascannon Sponsons, Daemonic Possession, Parasitic Possession and Mutated Hull.)???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Couple of quick things I see.

What's your Lord doing? I'm assuming you have him trudging along with the unit of Chosen. What a slow, slow unit. Usually when you Daemonbomb, you do it with a fast unit - something that atleast infiltrates. It'll be turn three or four by the time you are close enough to enter CC or drop those Daemons.

Secondly, you give the Lord Daemonic Armour and Daemonic Aura, but don't take any of the advantages that they offer over Terminator Armour (Namely, Infiltration.) Daemonic Armour is expensive. Terminator armour will actually save you points while offering you a bonus attack. Since you're footslogging it anyways, might as well footslog in style.

The better option would be to just drop Furious Charge and take Infiltration for the Lord and Chosen. You can drop Daemonic Armour (since it's not that great anyways) and replace with Daemonic Strength for more kills. Daemonic Speed on the Lord gets him into Combat on turn one, while the Chosen back him up with their Daemonettes.

Moving on. Your troops units are big and unweildly. Best to try to split them up. One group of ten and two of eight will work much better. You can drop the plasma guns from the Missile Launcher squads and move them to the third squad, so everyone has a set purpose and goal. Your Champions are just great, however.

Plasma Guns on bikes are bad. Those are expensive models to lose to an unlucky overheat. Besides, you suffer in the anti-tank department (Two missile Launchers won't cut it), and swapping them out for Melta Guns will give you a mean, fast group to smash tanks, and keep those expensive models from frying themselves.

Also about the bikes - there's really no point in giving them Furious Charge. I don't see five bikers any real threat in Close Combat - they number too few, and aren't really much more survivable than a standard Plague Marine. You also don't have a Champion in the squad, which means no Powerweapon attacks. They'll be mired and brought down in Close Combat - best to make them do one job, and keep to that job - Tank Busting.

About the Defiler - I really dislike having a Ordanance weapon in my list if I plan on having units engaged in CC. It means you stand a fair risk of blowing up your own troops. Meanwhile, you also have some strange upgrades for it - Mutated Hull? Hopefully you'll find yourself a nice patch of intervening terrain and make use of that Indirect Fire, making Mutated Hull unecessary. Havoc Launcher? Why? You've paid 205 points for a Battle Cannon - if you are firing anything else, those are wasted points for the turn.

You suggest dropping it in favor of a Predator - that's a good idea. The Predator is a reliable, mean piece of machinery. You probably don't need Parasitic Possession, and can get away with an Autocannon turret/Lascannon combo. That's one of the best combinations for a Predator.

That was longer than expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your going to far with the squad sizes of your marines and your chosen, i usually stay at 8 for defending and chosen and 10 at the most for assulting...and what's with the missile launcher in the ccs? make it 2 plasma guns. if you drop your squads down on your cc squads you might be able to free enough pts for furios charge, it can be way more usefull then extra models to fall. more initative means less models to strike back.
    Last edited by Jack White; October 29th, 2005 at 09:06.
    Thank you Pixies for kindling the essence of rock.
    And thank you Jack and Meg for being the saviours...

+ Reply to Thread