[1500] night lords, eep! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] night lords, eep!

i have finaly returned to painting and modeling my chaos, after enjoying many many victories with my tyranids. i love the night lords fluff and paint schemes, so i can stop spinning around with my eyes closed and finger pointed, and step away from the chaos undecided.

the list
    hq
    Lord dem speed, dem strength, dark blade, spiky bits, furious charge, infiltrate, bp
    elites
    6 chosen terminators 2 reapers, pf, tank hunters
    troops
    5 csm lascan
    5 csm lascan
    7 csm infiltrators, 2 plasma
    7 csm infiltrators, 2 plasma
    7 csm , infiltrators, asp champ, pf bp, dem mutation spiky bits
    fast
    6 raptors, 2 flamers, furious charge, infiltrate, asp champ, lightning claws, dem str, dem mutation
    heavy
    6 havocs 3 Missile launchers tank hunters infiltrators
    50 bodies

i play against very tank heavy imperial guard grey knights and eldar alot. what will stomp me? do i have enough bodies? is my close combat too weak? pie plates of doom could be real bad against this army. what will i stomp, if anything with this?
    thanks alot

tweaked

Last edited by chaosspaceface; November 4th, 2005 at 11:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I would suggest some slight modifications.

1) Drop the terminators. In my experience they don't hold up to much, and one decent tank round could end them!!
    2) Give the Havocs one more missile launcher, as well as the infiltrate and stealth adept veteran skills. (This should allow you to end a tank a turn at least)
    3) Change the weapons on the raptors to melta guns and give the aspiring champion melta bombs.
    4) Drop the 3 squads of 5 csm's for another unit of 6 raptors equiped like the original ones.
    5) Change your lord for the following:

Lord
    Dem Flight, Dem Aura, Dem Str, Dark Blade, Furious Charge, Infiltrate, BP, Melta bombs.
    (Not sure on pointage, but it shouldn't be too much). Place him with one of the raptor squads and then move from there.

6) With your remaining points get a couple of obliterators or another squad of infiltrated marines with plasma guns.

I hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the most part i agree with you about the terminators, and id like to hear more before i drop em off the list. i have had awesome success with my terms, when im not retarded with them,

your lord as suggested would technicaly be a demon prince. i like him. melta bombs im just not a fan of i tried using them in over 15 games and i probably droped 2 tanks that whole time, and that was against imperial guard mostly, some space marine, and an eldar game. 166 points i think i got everything ya said on army builder.

the raptors arent there for anti tank, two flamers work very well against an average squad of MEQ's, used em alot. the meltas have about two uses for me probably somethin like 1&1/2 dead troops or probably a dead tank a turn, for many points in a squad that does not need to get charged or shot. were i to take 2 meltas for em i would drop the champ and make it a 5 man squad w/ infiltrate, if two meltas dont drop it, i dont want my raptors to be toppled over, at 250 points, in an easy shooting phase for my enemy.

dropping the lascannon crap shoot squads might be a good choice alot of free points.

i really like that infiltrating squad with plasma its just fun to grab some rapid firing plasma shots on turn 2 or 1 if lucky

how much more effective would the 4 missile launchers be than 3, and should i keep tank hunters on, i doubt a dread would fit this list more than the havocs, or... thoughts?

thanks a ton im defineately gunna make changes to this list, i will edit list later today thanks.

+ Reply to Thread