[2000] Thousand Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

[2000] Thousand Sons

Well I tried to make a very solid Thousand Sons list, 100 wounds in there, and 3 heavy vehicles.

1 Chaos Lieutenant (HQ)
    Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeentch, Power Fist, Combi-Bolter
    Personal Icon
    Chaos Marine Bike
    Wind Of Chaos
    Daemon Armour
    Bionics

Elites:

9 Thousand Sons Terminators
    Favoured Unit, Mark of Tzeentch, Power Weapons, Combi-Bolters
    Daemonic Essence

Favoured Unit, Mark of Tzeentch, Power Weapons, Combi-Bolters
    Daemonic Essence

Troops:

8 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines (Troops)
    Favoured Unit Mark of Tzeentch CC Weapon (x 8 ) Bolters
    Daemonic Essence
    1 Free Aspiring Champion
    Free Aspiring Champion, Make Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeentch, CC Weapon, Power Fist,
    Personal Icon
    Doombolt
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades

9 Flamers of Tzeentch
    Doombolt

9 Flamers of Tzeentch
    Doombolt

HS:
    1 Chaos Dreadnought
    Dedication to Tzeentch Dreadnought, CCW w/TL Bolters Plasma Cannon
    Coruscating Flame

1 Chaos Defiler (Heavy Support)
    Battle Cannon, Reaper Autocannon, Heavy Flamer
    Daemonic Possession

1 Chaos Predator
    Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

Models in Army: 49

Total Army Cost: 1999

Comments and thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Nagato; November 6th, 2005 at 17:43.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagato
    1 Chaos Lieutenant (HQ)
    Powerfist on a IC? Striking last is bad for them. Powerweapon or a Daemon weapon will do much better.

Armour before Aura? Bionics? Any special reasons why you have those? Is his entire job just to survive long enough for the Daemon Bomb? In that case, might as well invest the 15 points for the extra wound on a Lord.

Love the Rubric Termies. Insane to put down. No champions though? You get one for free, why not atleast equip them with a Chainfist?

8 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines (Troops)
    Drop the Krak Grenades - the Powerfist hits at the exact same strength, but levels more attacks per round. Also drop the Frags - no point in them, when you strike at init. 1. Personal Icon? Not needed - you get one for free in the unit just for having a Mark.

Otherwise, they look solid. Good pick on Doombolt - I see far too many users of BoC on Champions.

1 Chaos Dreadnought
    Dedication to Tzeentch Dreadnought, CCW w/TL Bolters Plasma Cannon
    Coruscating Flame
    Very nice. I don't believe in Plasma Cannons for Dreads, preferring the Heavy Bolter
    variant instead, but it's nice anyways. It's probably a good pick, being your only form of AP2 in the list.

1 Chaos Predator
    Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons
    Good layout! Don't let those naysayers tell you different! It should atleast get Daemonic Possession though - by far one of the best vehicle upgrades avaliable to any army.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'm not all to found of this list I must say, it is resilient that I must give you, but then there is not that much more to it.

If I got Caluin right (and he got you right) the Lt is for a daemon bomb. Now that's a grand techinque for them cc-daemons the other gods have, but for flamers I'm not to sure about it... They work best at 18" maybe a couple closer but not more. You don't want them close to the enemyline where the rapidfire will finsh them off.
    So, then if he's not a bomb, then what is his purpose? He could go really fast, get close break the wind and die. If he's not going fast toward the enemy I see no real use for the bike and if he is, he would need something more controlable by his side than two randomly-moving blocks of combibolter terminators. Drop the bike and all but the PW, give him a ranged attack Bolt of change and let him go with the Troop sons.

The two units of rubriks could be awsome, but now they are but two solid, solid blocks of doublewound-powerweapons that any commander will avoid quite easy, maybe tie up with a dread. You have the champ in there, make use of him(her) give him a fist of some sort and some psychicpower for that final edge. If you plan on deepstriking those units a teleporter homer would be so much better for the Lt then a personal Icon.

The Troops are good, though I would love to see some thralls to accompany that champion. Much better than the greanades. Frags erally doesn't matter though not due to I1 as Caluin said(Hey, we are I4 now ) but due to the few occasions a unit of sons make it all the way to any enemy that is behind cover. When, and if, they do reach the other side they can take quite a bit, they are used to it(I1). And kraks, well you've got the fist at two higher S.

Finally the heavy support is nice, though as Caluin said, possess that predator.

EDIT: I've been thinking about your list over night, and I think it's great against certain types of armies- the horde kind. But against any other army you might get kneedeep into trouble. Bolters (mono or twinlinked) are good against them but almost useless against powerarmour and any vehicle with an AV of 11+. Sure, you got some HS but they are always vulnerable as thay can go down from one missile or lascan hit.

Anyhow, good luck
    Last edited by Andusciassus; November 7th, 2005 at 13:48.

+ Reply to Thread