2000 (well actually 1843) friendly Emperor's children - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 (well actually 1843) friendly Emperor's children

I made a new Emperor's Children list and was hoping to get some feedback. All the models have the mark of slaanesh.

HQ
    lord - 162
    bolt pistol, dark blade, d. strength, d. aura, combat drugs, frag grenades, infiltrate

Troops

6 man including champion - 163
    4 ccw and bolt pistol, blastmaster, frags, champion with pistol and fist, infiltrators

6 man including champion - 173
    4 ccw and bolt pistol, blastmaster, doom siren, frags, champion with pistol and fist, infiltrators

3 ccw and bolt pistol, blastmaster, meltagun, frags, champion with pistol and fist, infiltrators

6 man including champion - 167
    3 bolter, sonic blaster, blastmaster, champion with sonic blaster and fist, infiltrators

3 bolter, sonic blaster, blastmaster, champion with sonic blaster and fist, infiltrators

fast attack

6 bikers including champion - 285
    6 sonic blasters, frags, furious charge, champ with power weapon and d. strength

heavy support

8 havocs - 256
    4 bolter, 4 blastmaster

predator - 130
    blastmaster, heavy bolter sponsons, demonic possession

total: 1843
    52 models

If you have a doom siren do you still need frag grenades?

The troops are basically split into two groups assault and fire support. The assault squads assault stuff, and the fire support squads provide covering fire.

The havocs can be either anti armor or anti infantry with the blastmasters, the 4 other marines can possibly add supporting fire with their bolters, but they're mostly cannon fodder.

Just about everything has infiltrate as I don't like rhinos. It also allows me much more freedom in terms of deployment, and I can make sure the blastmasters are in range on the first turn.

My aim was for a somewhat balanced army who lean more towards assault, but that still has some firepower.

It's only a friendly list, so it's more or less made to counter my friends armies, eldar, nids (would probably go more shooty and drop infiltrators in this case), tau, dark eldar, and imperial guard.

And there is the problem of what to do with the 157 points that are left over.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

I can read now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Doesn't look too bad. But I can't stress enough, for those fire support squads, upgrade all the bolters to sonic blasters.

Also, I think your predator would be more effective with sponson lascannons, you have enough anti inf. and lack a lil anti-armor.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

I'm glad to see someone utilizing the c.c. aspect of Slaanesh.

Quote Originally Posted by jtm
    lord - 162
    bolt pistol, dark blade, d. strength, d. aura, combat drugs, frag grenades, infiltrate
    Good, cheap lord. However, I'm confused: One the one hand he is really a good offensive model, but on the other he lacks the defense in order to give him staying power. My first thought was that you were probably going to have him join another squad, but then I could not figure out why you would give him d. aura. If he's going it alone, then he really needs more defense; perhaps termi armor or d. res. Personally I really like putting him in a squad, because it's the best defense a lord can get, and allows you to greatly reduces his price (because you no longer have to worry about sinking points into his defense).
    Caluin made a good suggestion on my Slaanesh build: Reduce your lord to a Lt...give him a kai gun & infiltrate....and have him move alongside on of your advancing c.c. squads for protection. He can hunt characters, light vehicles, marines, etc. I haven't tried it out yet, but it definitely shows promise. Additionally, Slaanesh lacks 3+ weapons, and the kai gun seems really good at filling this slot.

6 man including champion - 163
    4 ccw and bolt pistol, blastmaster, frags, champion with pistol and fist, infiltrators

4 ccw and bolt pistol, blastmaster, doom siren, frags, champion with pistol and fist, infiltrators
    First squad looks good. I haven't tested the use of blastmasters in my c.c. squads, but I'm interested in seeing how well it works.

Second squad looks good. I've only had moderate success w/ the doom siren (mainly due to dice rolls), but I still have hope for it.
    Black Katalyst is right. You need to convert some of your bolters into sonic blasters. I would leave at least one, however, as a bolter, for the sake of a cheap casualty. Other than that, the sqauds look good.

6 bikers including champion - 285
    6 sonic blasters, frags, furious charge, champ with power weapon and d. strength
    Awesome! This are my favorite Slaanesh unit.

8 havocs - 256
    4 bolter, 4 blastmaster
    Eh, I know it's really fluffy to use blastmaster in your havoc squads, but they lack the armor penetration. Consider using missile launchers instead. In my experience, the missile launcher is almost as versatile as the blastmaster, and yet, it can really lay down the pain on 3+ armies and monstrous creatures.

predator - 130
    blastmaster, heavy bolter sponsons, demonic possession
    Again, Black Katalyst made a good suggest w/ converting your sponsons to lascannons, which will help your army against opposing vehicles. Presently, this is one of your weaknesses. Another option that I prefer (and have had enormous succuss w/) is to reconfigure your hull w/ a lascannon and keep the sponsons as h. bolters. This configure really helps against both the bug swarm and vehicles; whereas the autocannon hull w/ lascannon sponsons does do enough against swarm armies. Alot of folks disslike this option, because it has weapons that don't compliment. But where you loose complimentary weapons on a vehicle, you gain weapons that compliment two of your weaknesses- bug swarms and heavily armored vehicles. A c.c. oriented Slaanesh build will have a hard time against the genestealer swarm, in which case the h. bolter sponsons will come in handy. The lascannon hull will help cover your weakness against tanks. In my opinion, it's better to have a vehicle that is always effective than one that may not be effective at all.

Just a thought: I don't like creating a vehicle that can only hunt for other vehicles for two reasons: 1) not all of your opponents will be using vehicles; 2) they are easy to take out. I prefer tank hunting w/ basic troops, but that is difficult w/ Slaanesh.

If you have a doom siren do you still need frag grenades?
    Yes, because the doom siren only applies to the specific model it is on.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a bit wary on giving everyone in the shooty squads sonic blasters because of the price of it all, they'd be 27points a pop with a skill and I feel that odds are you're going to take casualities.

I took blastmasters in the cc squads as you can move and still fire them. I thought giving them some range other than the 12" of the pistols would give them some more flexibility.

I tried infiltrate out in a game with my normal space marines and was thinking that the close combat squads might be better off in rhinos, what do you guys think?

Do I need to worry about only having 6 guys in a close combat squad? I'm used to maxing out my marines for close combat and I'm not sure if the loss of 4 guys would make a huge difference.
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Do I need to worry about only having 6 guys in a close combat squad? I'm used to maxing out my marines for close combat and I'm not sure if the loss of 4 guys would make a huge difference.
    Eh..yes, you should expect to loose the squads entirely before they make it into c.c. (I say expect, but you may get luck). Some people prefer to boost the squads to 8 for this very reason, but this has never set well with me, because for the amount of points you spend, you end up reducing the number of special weapons and pwer fist. Plus, you are then having to then pay for your A.C. Basically, Slaanesh has cheap squads, so you should build an army that can afford to loose a couple, in order to help the other squads make it into c.c.

You might consider changing all of your basic troops into c.c. squads, then rely on your heavy and bike squads to do the ranged damage. I use this tactic for my Slaanesh build, and it works very well. But be careful with your bikers. Even in 1500 point games (and especially in a 2000 point game) they can go down in a hurry. Don't rely entirely on turbo-booster and the 3+ inv save. A shooty army can still tear these guys up in a single round. I use my slaanesh bikers as crowd control- popping tanks and landspeeders. Keep them away from the heart of your opponent's army, and most players will focus elsewhere. Remember: most players see threats based upon what threat is closest. If you have 6 c.c. squads ready to charge in, they will probably focus on these guys instead of your bikers. A general rule is to make everything appear non-threatening or to make everything appear threatening. You always want your opponent to be looking for the threat, rather than concentrating on it. One thing I really like about having 6 c.c. squads, is that it makes your oppenent have to deal with them at once. You will often loose a fair number of troops, but then you have bikers and your heavy options to support what's left.
    Last edited by Rabbit; November 10th, 2005 at 02:03.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see them getting wiped out pretty fast, what if I put them in a rhino would that give them better odds? Could drive around firing a blastmaster on the assault setting for a turn or two as well...

I can see where missile launchers would be better than blastmasters, if I'm fighting marines I'd take a missile launcher.

Was thinking of taking a second havoc squad, probably 2 blastmasters, 4 sonic blasters, 2 bolters and give them infiltrate to replace the "shooty" troop squads.

Hmm I'll just make another list actually.

HQ

Lieutenant - 130
    infiltrate, kai gun, d. flight, power weapon

Troops

Noise marines in rhino x 4
    5 man, pistols and ccw, blastmaster, frags
    +free champ with power fist and pistol
    rhino with extra armor, smoke launchers
    -203 points each

"shooty squad" - 177
    5man, blastmaster, 1 bolter, 3 sonic blaster, infiltrate
    +free champ with sonic blaster and powerfist

Fast

bikes - 261
    5 bikes with sonic blasters
    + free champ, sonic blaster, powerfist or lightning claw (will probably vary by game)

heavy

predator - 145
    blastermaster, lascannon sponsons, daemonic possession

havoc squad anti armor - 232
    8 man, 4 missile launchers or 4 blastmasters (depends on who I'm playing), 4 bolters

havoc squad anti troop - 236
    8man, 2 blastmaster, 4 sonic blaster, 2 bolter, infiltrate

total - 1993
    58 models
    Probably add a sonic blaster somewhere to make it 1998.

The two shooty squads and LT infiltrate and start to shoot stuff up, hopefully from cover. Bikes and rhinos rush across the field, bikes possibly using the rhinoes for cover. The anti armor havoc squad and predator stay back and pick out their targets.

Hopefully the opponent has too many threats in his face at once and has to split his firepower, hopefully not choosing the rhinoes.
    I can read now!

+ Reply to Thread