[1500] Thousands Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

[1500] Thousands Sons

Well I'm helping a friend with his Thousand Son army.

I came up with this list, but since I'm not very into chaos there might be an error or two :tongue:

But plz give me your comment

HQ: 175 pts
    Chaos Lord Sorcerer
    +mark of Tzeentch
    +doombolt
    +warp focus
    +wind of chaos
    +warp blade
    +demonic armour
    +demonic aura

Elite: 560 pts
    10 chosen
    +mark of Tzeentch
    +2 heavy bolter
    +1 plasma gun
    + tzeench minor psychic powers
    +inferno bolts

10 chosen
    +mark of Tzeentch
    +2 heavy bolter
    +1 plasma gun
    +tzeentch minor psychic powers
    +inferno bolts

Troop: 240 pts
    10 CSM
    +mark of Tzeentch

10 CSM
    +mark if Tzeentch

Fast: 204 pts
    6 raptors
    +mark of tzeentch

Heavy: 329 pts

6 Havocs
    +3 autocannon
    +1 missile launcher

1 Dreadnought
    + TL autocannon
    +vehicle of Tzeentch
    +mutated hull

Total: 1498

I think that it looks awsome, but as I said I'm not into chaos so I might be mistaken

Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Main thing is true 1k Sons can't have Raptors or Havocs.

-Daemonic Armor is over priced and just stops missiles from negating armor saves.
    -I don't like the chosen, WAY too expensive
    -Where are the unit champs?? No sacred numbers???

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

The chosen are going to be easy targets, since they only have one wound each and in general are a bit more threatening than the regular squads. I'd get rid of them altogether. Also, I'd reduce the squad size down to 9 and take an aspiring champion with the basic squads.

Havocs and Raptors can't take the mark of Tzeentch, so if you want to go with a pure 1k Sons, you have to get rid of them.

Also, one of the Thousand Son's biggest weakness is their lack of heavy weapons. So you might consider replacing the dread and havocs with a pair of lascannon equipped predators.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Keep in mind for the heavy weapon deal that this is not really the case. If you want to keep your squads still, then you can still take a heavy weapon.

The Aspiring Champion is, in all respects, still a Chaos Space Marine. In a Tzeentch army, he can still take weapons other than the normal Bolter - so, in the squad entry, it states that "One Chaos Space Marine may be armed with..." and since the Aspiring Champion is still a Marine himself, it's my belief you can give him a special or heavy weapon if you so choose. He won't have the Slow But Purposeful rule, however, so it may not be worth it in some cases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Keep in mind for the heavy weapon deal that this is not really the case. If you want to keep your squads still, then you can still take a heavy weapon.

The Aspiring Champion is, in all respects, still a Chaos Space Marine. In a Tzeentch army, he can still take weapons other than the normal Bolter - so, in the squad entry, it states that "One Chaos Space Marine may be armed with..." and since the Aspiring Champion is still a Marine himself, it's my belief you can give him a special or heavy weapon if you so choose. He won't have the Slow But Purposeful rule, however, so it may not be worth it in some cases.
    Whee, this was a tough one. You *almost* had me.

Page 21 of the Chaos Codex, on the right column, under the heading "Options", the last sentence.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Whee, this was a tough one. You *almost* had me.

Page 21 of the Chaos Codex, on the right column, under the heading "Options", the last sentence.
    Ahhh, nice one.

As far as I can tell, that little bit hasn't been included in any of the other codecies that I have access to.

And if it has been, then I need to get a new prescription for my glasses.

Nice find.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Why don't you take a look on the other Thousand Sons army-lists on this board to get the generall feel for the army and I must also recomend Lord-of-changes Tactica, it says a lot about how to field the sons.
    I would like top comment some on the list that you presented, but I don't know where to start. It is one of the...not bestest?...lists I've seen.
    Have a look around and then make a new one, with less flaws(and to find the flaws I recomend a reading of the codex )

Welcome back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Well first of all thanks for not tearing me down. I'm gonna take a look around and read some other lists and find out something. I should probably have read the dex better before trying to make this list.

For the havoc and raptors, I missed the part only one unit could take the mark, I kind of thought that all the units was allowed to take it. But then I don't see why he wanna play TS, since he can't have one of the coolest units IMO, and can't take veterans skills

If you count my chosen you would see that it is 9 chooses and one aspiring champion

But anyway do the HQ work???? and should I/he include more sorcerers since isn't that what TS is all about???

I think I read some lists read the dex and then post another list somewhen

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Now I've done some research and skimmed the dex, so there might still be some errors but is it better now???

Chaos Lord Sorcerer
    +mark of Tzeentch
    +doombolt
    +warp focus
    +wind of chaos
    +warp blade
    +demonic armour
    +demonic aura

Elite: 291 pts
    9 possessed chaos space marine
    1 aspiring champion
    +demonic fire
    +minor tzeentch psychic powers

Troops 705 pts
    7 Chaos Space Marines
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    1 Aspiring Champion
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    +Bolt of Change

7 Chaos Space Marines
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    1 Aspiring Champion
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    +Doombolt
    +Power Fist

7 Chaos Space Marines
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    1 Aspiring Champion
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    +Doombolt
    +Power Fist

Heavy: 330
    Defiler
    +indirect Fire

1 Dreadnought
    + TL autocannon
    +vehicle of Tzeentch
    +mutated hull

Total: 1501 pts

Plz don't be to hard on me:tongue:

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

Let's see now when it is...more commentable...

Chaos Lord Sorcerer
    +mark of Tzeentch
    +doombolt
    +warp focus
    +wind of chaos
    +warp blade
    +demonic armour
    +demonic aura
    First, your paying quite to much for the same as a terminator armour would be, if you want the saves, just get him on eof theese- then you'll get an extra attack too. You got two rather close spells( to have two spells you'll need a familiar) Doombolt has 18" and wind is 8" maybe change them or just have one. The Warpblade is something I've never used as it is pretty...worthless. If you want a CC-daemonweapon just go Darkblade, that S-bonus goes a mile.

Elite: 291 pts
    9 possessed chaos space marine
    1 aspiring champion
    +demonic fire
    +minor tzeentch psychic powers
    It happends from time to time that people field a unit of possessed Tzeentchians, but hardly ever does anyone field them with daemonic fire as I think you've done, the reason for this being-it's not good. It could also be just the champ having the gift- it's still useless
    And the minor psycics, how many are they? The points are of a bit too, it's just the champion upgrade cost you get for having a sacred unit, you still get to pay for his wargear. Be carefull with those possessed as you pay a lot for them and as they are now, they are far from worth it. You have nine millenia-old sorcereers there, all lending their bodies to daemons possessing them, show them some respect
    If you insist on fielding this unit I suggest a Landraider to transport them, give them Talons and many spells, Wind of Chaos and more then anything:Gift of chaos.
    In my wprld they are far to expensive for one-wound I4 closecombatants, so I say-Drop them.

Troops 705 pts
    Now, the troops are nearly good, all they need is an ninth member and some thralls. It would be good if at least one of them had a rhino, as you'll need the mobility.

Heavy: 330
    Defiler
    +indirect Fire
    good, the defiler is great for the sons.

1 Dreadnought
    + TL autocannon
    +vehicle of Tzeentch
    +mutated hull
    Change the autocannon for a Lascan and add extra armour and you'll have a monster that brings that lovely anti-AV14 gun.

Plz don't be to hard on me:tongue
    -I'm trying, but you'r not making it easy...just kidding , come back again and well see what to jump on next...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast