IW 2500 TO4Gs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IW 2500 TO4Gs

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IW 2500 TO4Gs

This list is big, and needs alot of changing to it. i fear im short of tank busting equip, and i dont want a oblitorator cult unless there is no other option. i will *** the units i already have got (or are in prep) so i dont want to change them realy.^_^

i am taking part in a Tale of the four gamers style thing, and i will be competing against some GW staff members, so i want i nice looking army full of conversions and such, and i want a army that will give everyone else a good kicking. my chums have, necrons (wraiths monolith heavy destroyers) Marines (infantry army, ML +PG in squads) and BT (termies with ACs).

please remember i have 2500 to spend and i made the list a while ago so its going to be point heavy in places and point cheap in others:rolleyes:

Heres the list
    Feel free to rip it apart!!!

***aspiring chams are included in the squad sizes given.***

HQ
    Lord (hes going to be half defiler and half DP:w00t: , should realy drop rune for T6)
    MOCU, D.essence,D.Flight,D.Mutation,D.Rune,D.Stature,Bionics,Combi bolter, CCW=175

Leiutenant **************
    MOCU,Kai gun,PW,D.Strenght,Bionics=60

Elites
    Possesed X 7
    MOCU, D.talons
    asp,D.Mutation,Bionics,Frag
    Rhino, smoke=278

Troops
    Marines X 7 (hunt tanks)
    2Xmelta infiltrate (bolters)
    asp,P.fist, D.visage,D.mutation,bionics=191

Marines X 10 (the champ is far too expensive)
    MOCU (CCWs)Frag
    asp, D.strength, PW,D.visage,Servo arm,D.mutation,bionics
    Rhino smoke=288 (this squad everyone will slate!!!!!)

Marines X 5
    MOCU (bolters)
    Missile launcher=85

Marines X 7 **********
    MOCU (Bolters) 2X plasma guns
    asp, D.strenght, bionics,D.visage,PW=160

Marines X 7********
    MOCU infiltrate (bolters) 2X Plasma guns
    asp, P.Fist Combi bolter = 177

Marines X7
    MOCU (CCWs)
    asp,D.strength D.Visage, PW,Servo arm, bionics = 184

Fast
    Raptors X5
    MOCU Infiltrate
    aspD.strength PW=202

Heavy
    Havocs X 5 (Bolters)
    4XML Tank hunters = 170

Vindicator******
    D.possesion, P.Possesion Mhull,Dozerblade = 200

Basilisk
    Indirect fire Smoke 128

Defiler =150 ********

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

wow.
    I like it.
    Not too much I can command on it though.
    Let's go to the heavy support, since I seem to rock at that place:
    Your Vindicator => gtg 200 points.
    Surely he is scary, and surely he will draw fire, but 200 frikking points on a little car is WAY TOO MUCH!
    Use that points in getting more marines in the havocs. and maybe get a: DEFILER WITH IF!!!!
    That way you got 2 big cannons killing...stuff
    orry for all the capped signs, but my combat drug kicked in (cafeinne :tongue
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

jesus that was fast!!!!!
    thanks, yeah ive played some 1K with it and its like, all the fire on mr.indestructable!!! its died say 3 times out of 20 games! it has also ha killed a monolith a couple of times to!! and thats hard!
    i have three big cannons killing stuff!
    more troops in havoc squad cost 18 points each!! as of the tankhunters skill.
    more trrops in squads would be goo though
    anyhow thanks alot Wulfbanes
    DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Things to drop - Essence and Rune on the Daemon Prince. Bionics I can see being fluffy, so I won't pick at them, but the others I don't. Drop the Combi-bolter as well; take another CCW for the +1 attack. Statured Princes belong in Close Combat, not shooting at things. Resilience would be a better investment than Essence.

Your LT looks fine.

Your troops are a bit scattered. The Champions should have Powerfists before Powerweapons. Why a Combi-bolter on the one? Give him a simple Bolt Pistol for the +1 attack.

The squads themselves look fine, you just have some interesting picks on the Champions. Servo-arm? Combi-bolter?

Try to upgrade that lone Missile Launcher to a Lascannon. The +1 strength will help when it comes to cracking open AV14 tanks.

I think your Raptors are too small. Five is not a good number for a dedicated assault unit. Eight is a much better number.

I also think your Havocs are too small. Try to up the squad size to eight, so you have some extra wounds to soak up incoming fire before losing expensive Missile Launchers.

You don't need Parasitic Possession on the Vindicator. It rarely does much for the points you invest into it.

Otherwise, the list looks fine. Nice and fluffy for IW, too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Things to drop - Essence and Rune on the Daemon Prince. Bionics I can see being fluffy, so I won't pick at them, but the others I don't. Drop the Combi-bolter as well; take another CCW for the +1 attack. Statured Princes belong in Close Combat, not shooting at things. Resilience would be a better investment than Essence.
    Ok that gives me 53 Points - 1 for additonal CCW = 52 points into the bank
    BUT im not too sure if you can take duplicates of the same weapon (page 16 limits codex chaos.) if i cannot give him two CCWs then i will keep the combi bolter, reroll are needed for Bs 3! what you think about giving him a Servo arm? can he have a servo arm?

Your LT looks fine.
    Yeah hes nice and cheap but utterly tasty.

Your troops are a bit scattered. The Champions should have Powerfists before Powerweapons. Why a Combi-bolter on the one? Give him a simple Bolt Pistol for the +1 attack.
    He is the GD special edition model and i didnt want to take it apart. :cry: i under stand though.

The squads themselves look fine, you just have some interesting picks on the Champions. Servo-arm? Combi-bolter?
    I ve been trying to make my Aspiring champions charaterful, each model will look completely different from the otrhers. do you think i should drop some of these? i think the second ASP in troops (asp, D.strength, PW,D.visage,Servo arm,D.mutation,bionics) is far too expensive. i could drop the servo arm and PW for Pfist.

Try to upgrade that lone Missile Launcher to a Lascannon. The +1 strength will help when it comes to cracking open AV14 tanks.
    never noticed this! 5Pts to upgrade! bargin!! = 47 points in bank

I think your Raptors are too small. Five is not a good number for a dedicated assault unit. Eight is a much better number.
    Eight! larger is not always better, a smaller unit is much easier to hide in cover thus 6" closer to somthing soft and juicey, like devestators.
    ay up! i think my Raptors are pointed Wrong!
    29+1+3*5=165
    165+13+5+10=193!! not 202 so bank is increased to 56
    still need 99 in total for 3*raptors

I also think your Havocs are too small. Try to up the squad size to eight, so you have some extra wounds to soak up incoming fire before losing expensive Missile Launchers.
    Yeah wulfbanes said the same, 18 points for a wound bag is quite harsh, but as its 2Vs1 i will concide, 2 extra =3 bags at 36 points extra!1

i need more points to do this!!

You don't need Parasitic Possession on the Vindicator. It rarely does much for the points you invest into it.
    i cannot believe you just daid that!!! my Vindicator rolls around the battle field getting shot by everything, bits falling of and it just laughs as it regrows bits (without its gun or its tracks then its quite useless, 24" range is poor). 20 points in my eyes spent on this is better than 18 points for a wound bag. i have agreed on all the other parts but im sorry to say i will not on this one.

its nice and fluffy, thanks i was aiming to get as many bionics and such on ASPs
    thank you very much, i will rewrite and see what i can do.

DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really suggest dropping 1 CCW on your DP for a power wpn. that will probably increase your kill rate against MEQs by 50%+ by denying them their saves. That is probably the only really huge mistake I see. the raptors are a good point also. 5 men are gonna be easily overrun and beatdown

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

would really suggest dropping 1 CCW on your DP for a power wpn. that will probably increase your kill rate against MEQs by 50%+ by denying them their saves. That is probably the only really huge mistake I see.
    HQ
    Lord (hes going to be half defiler and half DP:w00t: , should realy drop rune for T6)
    MOCU, D.essence,D.Flight,D.Mutation,D.Rune,D.Stature,Bio nics,Combi bolter, CCW=175

DPs ignore armour saves already being monsterous creatures (Rule book page 55, Assualt phase, paragraph 1), and are not allowed to take power weapons becuase of this (Codex Chaos, page 17, Daemonic statue, paragraph 2)

True raptors need boosting but i need to find some points from somewhere.

Thanks anyway kellster1

DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87
    BUT im not too sure if you can take duplicates of the same weapon (page 16 limits codex chaos.) if i cannot give him two CCWs then i will keep the combi bolter, reroll are needed for Bs 3! what you think about giving him a Servo arm? can he have a servo arm?
    Well, I don't see anyone raising too many rules issues about it. You can't take two pieces of wargear, that's true - but weapons from the armoury are not wargear. They're weapons.

Yes, he can have the Servo-Arm. I don't see why you'd want to though - that's an expensive upgrade for only a single attack a round.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

cool, il take it then.

i Just wondered about the servo arm, it would give him a s10 attack with 2D6 penertaration as he a MC!!!

DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Danjoness if i were you i would take a D. blade on your daemon prince as +2 strength is great (you also have 2 d6 penetration meaning this guys a monster at destroying vehicles) or at least a dread axe (BORING!:rolleyes
    as it allows no saves against the D. prince and guarantees you a wound on a 4+ at least if not lower!

As for raptors my choice would be to not bother with them and take a bike squad they are actually surprisingly strong and are generally much less expensive!

If you want to know an evil thing to do with havocs in an urban area just use this squad:

8x havocs
    -asp. champ
    -4x heavy weapon of choice (i suggest missile launchers)
    -Infiltrate
    -Tank hunters (possible not neccasary)
    also if you expect big problems you can give the Champ a kaigun
    This squad is very powerfull in that you infiltrate into cover (within 12 infiltrate rule, fearless) and let fly to take out tanks side or even rear armour and (if you chose missile launchers) as soon as the tanks are destroyed switch to frag and go man hunting!

zeus
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast