Chaos 40k horde army-1500 points (alpha legion) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos 40k horde army-1500 points (alpha legion)

Troops-20 cultists,undivided,champ,power weapon,icon,assasins-155
    20 cultists,undivided,champ,power weapon,icon,assasins-155
    20 cultists,champ,power weapon-135
    12 daemonettes-180
    12 daemonettes-180

Heavy support- 8 havocs,undivided,2 missle launcher,2 heavy bolter-190
    8 havocs,undivided,2 missle launcher,2 heavy bolter-190

Headquarters- Lord,undivided,dark blade, bolt pistol,4 chaos hounds,D.strenghth,
    D.mutation-164

Elites- 5 chosen,3 champions,2 power weapons,1 power fist-150

Da' Plan: cultist charge straight up middle with daemons and sell there lives for the greater good....my lords any way, the havocs lay down suppresion fire and deal wit tanks(although the daemonettes do better in the tank hunting roll sometimes)and all the time my lord slowly marches up and slays any who are left standing from the cultist attack.....hopefully
    [/I]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

It looks like a fun list, I just have a few comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00

Troops-[I]20 cultists,undivided,champ,power weapon,icon,assasins-[B]155
    [I]20 cultists,undivided,champ,power weapon,icon,assasins-[B]155
    [I] 20 cultists,champ,power weapon[B]-135
    [I]12 daemonettes-[B]180
    12 daemonettes-[B]180
    I don't have my codex on me and I have never fielded cultists, but if champs get access to the armoury I would think about a power fist in 1 or 2 of these squads.

Heavy support- [I]8 havocs,undivided,2 missle launcher,2 heavy bolter-[B]190
    [I]8 havocs,undivided,2 missle launcher,2 heavy bolter-[B]190
    Don't mix your heavy weapons, have 1 squad with 4 launchers, and 1 squad with 4 HB. You won't waste your HBs vs tanks that way. Also I would highly recomend tank hunter for your MLs.

Upon further consideration seeing as you have a lot of troops, why not cash in your HBs for 4 ACs with tank hunting? That would make a nice combo.

Headquarters- [I]Lord,undivided,dark blade, bolt pistol,4 chaos hounds,D.strenghth,
    D.mutation-[B]164
    I would like so see an invulnerable save on this guy. Frankly if he is walking up the board I see no reason for him not to be in terminator armour. I also don't see much point in the hounds, but they could be fun. If he is walking up Spawn are a better option IMO.

Elites- [I]5 chosen,3 champions,2 power weapons,1 power fist-[B]150
    I really don't like these guys, a champion chosen squad is just easy points for anyone with a gun. What would one of your own havoc squads do to these guys? If these guys are attached to your lord just make them a standard squad with fist. You'll get far more wounds for the same points.

If you keep your lord out of terminator armour, then I would suggest infiltrating him. It's cheap for AL and will get you into combat much faster and let him earn his points supporting the cultists.
    Last edited by xrix1; November 15th, 2005 at 18:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the list but you cannot give the cultist champion equipment for more than 10 pts.
    also i wouldnt recommend chosen, rather take a ten man tactical squad and infiltrate

what also might be effective are infiltrating raptors either for CC or tank hunting
    Last edited by ROCKYrocks; November 15th, 2005 at 21:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I agree, what I suggest is that you drop the chosen. They are useless as they are. You should get a havoc squad with 6 men, 4 missile launchers, aspiring champion, and tank hunter. Also take a 6 man havoc squad with infiltrate, aspiring champion, and 4 hbs. Then you take another 20 man squad same as the others and give the other squad a mark. Also give yout defiler indirect fire it will give him more survivability, ignores cover, and you don't need to see the enemy. Last thing, take off all 4 hounds and give him d. armour and d. aura and infiltrate. I hope you take my comments into consideration and good luck.
    Last edited by Orkimedes41792; November 15th, 2005 at 22:52.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Xrix1 gave you some good advice on the Havocs and the chosen.

I would like to see you focusing the use of the havocs squads too, four of the same weapon in each. Give them infiltrate too, not to set up closer but to set up later then your opponent.

I think that's the way to field an Alpha Legion army. When the opponent put down his first unit you just smile in a wicked way and say... "Oh, you just go ahead, never mind me I'm all infiltrating."

Use the points from the chosen to give at least one of the squads of Cultists melta bombs. You could split one of the squads into two 10-man squads and try to use them for blowing things up.

The lord...why not have him infiltrating with Daemonic Speed and that evil Darkblade, give him an invul. save and an extra ccw, maybe frags. He'll be cheaper and one mean first turn charger

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

3 Things...

1) I'd give the whole army inflitrate. It's very cheap for alpha legion and probably their best advantage. If you have to, take off the marks of chaos undivided on the havocs so they can inflitrate and take tank hunters.

2) I agree that mixing the heavy weapons in havoc squads is a bad idea unless all the weapons have essentially the same purpose. A Havoc squad full of assault weapons shouldn't have a lascannon in it, just like a Havoc squad full of lascannons shouldn't have a meltagun. Missile launchers and autocannons (with tank hunters) is a very nice combination, however, that can be effective against infantry and vehicles.

3) Nice work with the 60 cultists. You can never have too many of them. Consider giving one or two squads of them meltabombs to make your opponent's vehicles squirm. Also, if you take out the daemonettes and put in more cultists, you could have up to 120 of them! That's what I'd do, but of course, I'm also insane.

I don't have my codex on me and I have never fielded cultists, but if champs get access to the armoury I would think about a power fist in 1 or 2 of these squads.
    Cultist Champions can access the Armoury however, they can only have a maximum of 10 points of stuff from it, so no power fists, unfortunately.
    Last edited by grimmtu; November 16th, 2005 at 06:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay first things first thanks for the feedback the havocs were listed down like that but i'd planned to change their weapons around depending on the opponent. in my oppinion auto cannons are over rated since i get an extra point of strenght with the krak and the ability to "frag" units as well (fair enough the ac would do more against marine's)though the tank hunters was a good idea, i love daemonettes 3 attacks on the charge -1 int for my opponent and they have rending but maybe i should drop one for a unit of bloodletters.... I can't drop the mark on the cultists because then they lose the icon and nothing else in the army can summon daemons....ever! your right about the chosen and infiltrate but if i'm gonna replace them with marines then i'll have 7 troops and that would mean second force organisation chart which means second hq.....any ideas one last thing a couple of posts up someone sed somthing about putting indirect fire on my defiler.....but i don't have one

i forgot to mention if i give him speed then any unit i give him won't be able to keep up wiv him terminator armour isn't featured because it goes against the background and hound rule 12-extra wound and 2 str 4 attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

okay first things first thanks for the feedback the havocs were listed down like that but i'd planned to change their weapons around depending on the opponent. in my oppinion auto cannons are over rated since i get an extra point of strenght with the krak and the ability to "frag" units as well (fair enough the ac would do more against marine's)though the tank hunters was a good idea
    You would think so, wouldn't you? But in reality, it just aint so.

READ ME

Mixing/matching weapons in a Havoc squad is rarely a good idea. Sometimes it works, but Heavy Bolters + Missile Launchers is not a good idea.

I can't drop the mark on the cultists because then they lose the icon and nothing else in the army can summon daemons....ever!
    Not quite true. You can drop the marks and then buy Personal Icons the squads of cultists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but then i lose the power weapon and the re-roll morale test and although the cultist are there to die I prefer them to do some damage and die fighting rather than going up yelling, spitting and cursing the imperial scum and then going nuts to this and cheesing it back the way they came (cool image though)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Take a havoc squad with asp champ and a couple special weapons and infiltrate. The only difference from a troop choice is the number of heavy weapons you can put in and the cost of them.

Thus a 8 man squad +champ and infiltration costs the exact same from troops or heavy support. It's just weapon options/costs that changes. You don't have to toss in 4 plasma rilfes, although it's not a bad idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast