[1850] Night Lords RTT - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

[1850] Night Lords RTT

(All have night vision)

HQ

Prince- ccw, dreadaxe, frags, aura, essence, speed, stature, furious charge. Only 162 points for a S6, I6, 5 attack, prince with no-saves allowed (on the charge).

Elites

2 Oblits

Troops

8 support marines- champ w/ plasma, powersword, 1 plasmagun, 1 heavy bolter. All have stealth adept.

8 cc marines- champ w/ plasma, powerfist, 2 meltas. All have stealth adept and infiltrate.

Fast

7 Raptors- champ w/ plasma, powersword, 3 flamers. All have furious charge and infiltrate.

7 Raptors- champ w/ plasma, powersword, 3 meltas. All have furious charge and infiltrate.

6 Bikers- champ w/ powerfist, 2 meltas.

Heavy

Dread w/ plasma.

7 Havocs- 4 missles, tank hunters. All have stealth adept.

Strategy- Raptors advance for a turn 2 charge on flanks/weak points in enemies zone. CC troops take out tanks and charge into combat when able. Bikes turbo boost, hugging cover for a turn 2/3 charge, or to take out tanks. Lord causes plenty of havoc in cc support of the raptors or attacks weakened squads. Dread, havocs, and oblits provide fire support or tank killing power where needed.

Comments Welcomed.

"My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

You've got a pretty good list. A couple of things that might help:

Lord: Cheap and effective; especially for his point cost. Darkblade has performed better for me in competitive environments than the dread ax. This guy really needs a higher strength to curve him out in c.c. If not darkblade, then d. strength.

Elites: Nice.

Troops: Again, daemonic strength for your a.c. w/ the powersword. I don't like mixing heavy and special weapons, but for nightlords there might be an exception. The heavy bolter will work well -vs- the swarms; while the plasmas will handle everything else. Still, if you can avoid mixing, your army will be more effecient.

Fast: Excellent. Good raptor variety. Daemonic strength would be nice on the a.c.'s...perhaps too nice. It could cause them to kill your opponent too quickly, which could leave you out of c.c. Still, I'd consider giving them the upgrade.

Dread: I almost never take vehicles in a competitve build, because they are so easy to kill. Consider at least one defensive upgrade on your pred (mut hull for sure).

Havocs: Look great. They really have staying power too.

Overall, you've got a lot of high priority threats, which should help your army perform, and confuse (perhaps) your opponents. I'm not sure where you're going to get all these extra points for my suggested upgrades. Hmm...maybe drop an oblit (OUCH...I hate to say it). The plasma pistol on the a.c. could go, but you probably want this to help keep the squad alive. Drop essence off your lord. Drop one of the havoc marines, though I really like them at seven. Perhaps you could drop the dread entirely. I'm very eager to know how you do, so please report back.
    Last edited by Rabbit; November 17th, 2005 at 23:44.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

This list is brilliant. I think it's got everything required. The raptors have there specific jobs, the troop choices are good. It all works.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by boydgarrett
    Perhaps you could drop the dread entirely.
    Well... If I drop the dread entirely (he never does too much anyway) I can add another raptor to each squad, making them 8 models each, give both squads stealth adept (making them harder to kill while jumping around), give both champs daemonic strength, and give my lord deamonic strength and spikey bits making him an even tougher moster. What do you think?
    -Charles Manson

Super Villians
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

I like the list, but I really dislike plasma on champs. You are selectivly targeting your own asp champs in those squads, and spending a lot of points doing it. Your raptor champs are almost 70 points. Seeing one of them go to a bad shot just dosn't seem worth it to me.

I also don't like your support troop choice. Is it CC or shooty? For about the same points you can have a 7 man squad with 4 HBs, but that would take away one of your 2 manditory troops. Or you can infiltrate the squad, toss in meltas and a fist and gear it to CC. Right now that squad costs a lot of points for being not very good at either.
    Last edited by xrix1; November 18th, 2005 at 20:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Just a thought. What if I change the list to the following:

HQ

Prince- ccw, dreadaxe, aura, essence, speed, stature, strength, and spikey bits.

Elites

2 Oblits

Troops

5 marines- tank hunters, lascannon

5 marines- tank hunters, lascannon

8 cc marines- champ w/ plasma, powerfist, 2 meltas. All have stealth adept and infiltrate.

Fast

8 Raptors- champ w/ plasma, powersword, and strength. 3 flamers. All have furious charge and infiltrate.

8 Raptors- champ w/ plasma, powersword, 3 meltas. and strength. All have furious charge, stealth adept, and infiltrate.

6 Bikers- champ w/ powerfist, 2 meltas.

Heavy

6 Havocs- 4 missles, tank hunters. All have stealth adept.

I have increased the cc deadliness and firepower of the army. One of the reasons I did this is to take down those damn eldar falcons... :yes: SM-killing Eldar armies are one of the only armies I have trouble with... :closedeye Unfortunatley I have to keep the plasma pistols on the champs, RTTs use the WYSIWYG rules, and the models are all holding them. Other than that, what do you think about my idea, should I have left the list with the 1st changes I suggested?
    -Charles Manson

Super Villians
    Votewar! Check It Out!

+ Reply to Thread