(1400) LaTD Traitor List: suggestions and help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(1400) LaTD Traitor List: suggestions and help

I decided to make a traitor list, I would Like to know first off if this list is legal. Secondly, some general suggestions on it. (I'm not sure if this should be posted in the army list section so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place)

Chaos Lieutenant 100pts
    Mark of Nurgle
    Kai Gun
    Daemonic Flight

Squad one (infiltrating suicide) 81pts
    4 traitors w/ lasgun
    2 traitors missile launcher
    1 traitor plasma gun

Squad two (infiltrating suicide) 81pts
    4 traitors w/ lasgun
    2 traitors missile launcher
    1 traitor plasma gun

Squad three 120pts
    6 traitors w/lasgun
    1 traitor plasmagun
    2 traitor lascannon
    1 agitator

Squad four 120pts
    6 traitors w/lasgun
    1 traitor plasmagun
    2 traitor lascannon
    1 agitator

Squad five 120pts
    6 traitors w/lasgun
    1 traitor plasmagun
    2 traitor lascannon
    1 agitator

Squad six 114pts(speedbump infiltrating squad)
    7 traitors w/shotgun
    1 traitor flamer
    1 traitor grenade launcher
    1 agitator bolt pistol power weapon

Hellhound 145
    Extra armor
    Track Guards
    Smoke Launchers
    Pintle Stubber

Hellhound 145
    Extra armor
    Track Guards
    Smoke Launchers
    Pintle Stubber

Leman Russ 185
    hull mounted Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Bolter sponsors
    Extra armor
    Track Guards
    Smoke Launchers

Leman Russ 185
    hull mounted Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Bolter sponsors
    Extra armor
    Track Guards
    Smoke Launchers

Total 1396

(thanks to the mod who moved this)

Last edited by Themistocles; December 16th, 2005 at 03:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

No, it's not legal.
    The Traitor squads taken as compulsory (that's two of them) must be 15 men each.
    The speed bump unit has two special weapons and this is not an option for them.

The Track Guards is really quite a crappy upgrade as it prevents you from shooting but lets you move. Why move and not shoot?

What you'll need is a backbone. A Close-combat squad or two, the Mutants are great for this as are the Chaos Space Marine allies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

While with exception to the minor errors that Andusciassus pointed out, your army is legal it suffers from a serious problem affecting every unit in your army: Overspending for what you get.
    Your lord is pretty good, but the flight isn't going to help him earn back his points, he's going to be able to shoot the Kai gun every turn anyway. Those points are not a complete waist because getting around can be handy of it's own accord, but it is part of a larger theme. . .
    Your troops: I'd like to point out that a traitor is 2 more points than a guardsman, in exchange for those 2 points you get 1 lower leadership, frag gernades, infiltration, and the ability to have variable squad sizes. All in all it's fair, but it does make traitors hard to use, if you treat them like guardsmen, you're overpaying for sub-par guard (sub-par due to leadership.)
    Your troops as you appear to intend to use them have little use for frag gernades, so for 6 points a model you could have the same thing with better leadership. saving 2 points a model without infiltrate, and 1 point per model with. 1 or 2 points a model across 54 models comes to 54-108 pts saved, a big deal.
    Your tanks are over upgraded, Andusciassus already pointed out the problem with track guards, but in my opinion smoke launcher and extra armor, while I'll swear by them on a rhino, I don't think they're worth anything on an attack vehicle. For an attack vehicle it measures it's worth, not by how long it lasts in the game, but instead by how much it kills. They rarely have to move far, but need to fire every turn to make back their points. Smoke launchers, while they MAY keep the tank alive an extra turn, they will NOT let the tank shoot another turn as last I checked firing smoke prevents you from firing any other weapons. Extra armor while it lets you move rather than be totally stunned, also is useless as it adds points, but does not add any turns of shooting.

Overall I see your army having all the challenges of being lost and the damned, without taking advantage of any of the benifits, you have no daemons for your infiltrated traitors to summon, you have no chaos marine backup, no waves of mutants to be a meatshield and hth monster in front of your main force.

My reccomendations is to either follow Andusciassus's advice and get a backbone of mutants, chaos marines, and or daemons for your force, or alternativly just have it be a guard army, and get your core troops cheaper, as your army currently looks more like guard than lost and the damned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I concur and have nothing to add except to push chaos spawn as well.

I also really love Chaos Spawn as a counter charging unit. If you have an extremely shooty list, you can usually count on the enemy coming to meet you. With your force consisting of mostly overpriced under led guardsmen and tanks, you need either to go even more shooty(ie guard), or give your tratitors some HtH troops as a backbone.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

+ Reply to Thread