World Eaters ~1000 - friendly - assault - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Eaters ~1000 - friendly - assault

If my math is correct - it's 1001 points - close enough for govt. work and friendly games. The only thing I'm not sure about is that I purchased the mark for my lt. from the general army points pool and not the 75 pts for the HQ wargear. If that would be grossly illegal (and I'm not sure it is or isn't) I'd drop the personal icon.

Same army I've been playin for years - but updated for 4th ed. :ninja:

Troops:

160 7 Berzerkers of Khorne w/Khornate Chainaxes
    1 Aspiring Champion of Khorne w/ Talisman of Burning Blood & KhornateChainaxe

160 7 Berzerkers of Khorne w/Khornate Chainaxes
    1 Aspiring Champion of Khorne w/ Talisman of Burning Blood & KhornateChainaxe

208 8 Bloodletters of Khorne

208 8 Bloodletters of Khorne

HQ

130 1 Lt. of Khorne
    Feel No Pain, Darkblade, Spawn (Scyla!), Daemonic Strength, Personal Icon, Mark

Support

115 1 Khorne Destroyer Dreadnought (second close combat weapon)

fRESH lives

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my math was wrong... updated config: 1000 points

Squad 1 *Furious charge
    7 berzerkers w/ mark of khorne, khornate chainaxes, Furious Charge & frag grenades
    1 aspiring champion w/ mark of khorne, khornate chainaxe, Talisman of Burning Blood, Furious Charge & meltabombs

Squad 2
    7 berzerkers w/ mark of khorne, khornate chainaxes, Furious Charge & frag grenades
    1 aspiring champion w/ mark of khorne, khornate chainaxe, Talisman of Burning Blood, Furious Charge & meltabombs

Squad 3 208
    8 Bloodletters

Squad 4 208
    8 Bloodletters

HQ 182
    Chaos Lord
    Mark of Khorne
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemoinic Strength
    Feel No Pain
    Terminator Armour
    Darkblade
    meltabombs

Follower: Chaos Spawn
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by shoottokill
    Squad 1 *Furious charge
    Drop the melta bombs and chainaxe and take a fist on that champ. I swear that 5 powerfist attacks on the charge will take care of any dreads you come across better then the meltabombs

Squad 3 208
    8 Bloodletters
    I love bloodletters, and I sometimes take 2 squads, but I might wait until you hit 1500 for both squads. You start with very little on the board, I think another squad of Zerkers would do better at 1000 points.

HQ 182
    Chaos Lord
    Mark of Khorne
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemoinic Strength
    Feel No Pain
    Terminator Armour
    Darkblade
    meltabombs
    Well first of all he is ilegal. Terminator armour can't be combined with steeds or movement options such as D. Speed. He is also costly for 1000 points. I would drop D str as the darkblade will get you all the Str you really need. Melta bombs again seem not very useful. Definataly give him a CCW for +1 attack, it only costs 1 point.

Follower: Chaos Spawn
    Spawn is OK, but now you have mixed armour and all the headakes that intales, and I'm fairly certain that he can now be targeted as the spawn forms a squad with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better or Worse? (spikey bits and frag grenades are on lord just to burn points)

Squad 1
    1 aspiring champion w/ mark of khorne, khornate chainaxe, Talisman of Burning Blood, Furious Charge & frag grenades

Squad 2
    1 aspiring champion w/ mark of khorne, khornate chainaxe, Talisman of Burning Blood, Furious Charge & frag grenades

Squad 3

Squad 4
    8 Bloodletters

HQ
    Chaos Lord
    Mark of Khorne
    Feel No Pain
    Terminator Armour
    Daemonic Strength
    Darkblade
    Spikey Bits
    Frag Grenades

Two Chosen Terminators
    Mark of Khorne
    Feel No Pain
    Chainfist
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, you can't take 2 chosen terminators. Minimum for a retinue is 4, and minimum for a squad is 5.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Drop the terminators, and get powerfists on those asp champs. It really is a required upgrade for any close combat squad (or a power weapon, but I prefer the fist).

You can't take grenades with terminator armour, and D str is again not bad on the lord, but it won't do much either while you have that dark blade. It gives you all the str you really need. You still don't have an extra close combat weapon on the lord, for 1 point he gets +1 attack.

Otherwise with 3 squads of Zerkers and 1 squad of bloodletters no one is going to have an easy time killing off all your icons before the deamons show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutuus
    lol, you can't take 2 chosen terminators. Minimum for a retinue is 4, and minimum for a squad is 5.
    Gahhhhrrggghh!:ninja:
    fRESH lives

+ Reply to Thread