I decided Emperor's Children were the right balance of shooty and assaulty that I was looking for, so here's my first shot at a list. This is basically a "fun" list for now, but bear in mind my usual opponent plays mostly mechanized Tau, so I have added perhaps a little more AV than normal and haven't optimized the cc aspects as Tau get crushed in cc anyway.

HQ:

-Chaos Lord, bike, dark blade, daemon armor *main purpose is to turbo to the front lines and drop a daemon bomb or two, then try to assault
-Keeper of Secrets, doombolt

Troops:
2x 12 Daemonettes *da bombs
2x 11 Noise marines, 2 sonic blasters, 1 blastmaster, 8 bp/ccw, infiltrate + free champ w/ powerfist *get these on the flanks and summon in daemonettes or the Keeper
1x 5 noise marines, 2 sonic blaster, 1 blast master, 1 plasma gun, free champ w/ bolter, tank hunters. *I'll use these as ghetto havocs

Fast:

4 noise marine bikers, 2 meltagun, 2 sonic blasters *quick response to big targets

Heavy:

Defiler, indirect battle cannon, reaper autocannon, heavy flamer
5 noise marine havocs, 2 auto cannons, 2 blastmasters, tank hunters + free champ w/ bolter

1998 points, 67 models

My basic strategy will be to infiltrate (when possible) the 2 main Noise Marine groups and race the bikes along the flank. The havocs, ghetto havocs, and defiler will provide cover in the main firing lanes. Once static targets have been reached, daemonettes and the Keeper of Secrets will get summoned in to shred them. Every unit is capable of taking out transports and hammerheads.

Suggestions, improvements?