Slaaneshi Assault (1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaaneshi Assault (1500)

EDIT: LIST PLAYTESTED, SEE PAGE 3

HQ

201 - Daemon Prince

Lord
    Bike
    Lightning Claw
    Melta Gun
    Doom Siren <<EDIT added doom siren>>
    Furious Charge
    Frag Grenades

Mark of Slaanesh
    Combat Drugs
    Daemonic Mutation
    Daemonic Strength

TROOPS

173 - Noise Marine Squad 1

6x Chaos Marines w/ bolt pistol, cc weapon
    Marks of Slaanesh
    1x Blastmaster
    1x Melta Gun
    Champion
    Power Weapon
    Daemonic Strength
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades <<Daemonic Strength dropped from Squad #3 to pay for frag grenades>>

167 - Noise Marine Squad 2

6x Chaos Marines w/ bolt pistol, cc weapon
    Marks of Slaanesh
    1x Blastmaster
    1x Melta Gun
    Champion
    Power Weapon
    Daemonic Strength
    Infiltrate

148 - Noise Marine Squad 3

6x Chaos Marines w/ bolter
    Marks of Slaanesh
    1x Blastmaster
    1x Plasma Gun
    Champion
    Power Weapon <<EDIT Daemonic strength dropped to buy frag grenades for Squad 1>>

125 - Noise Marine Squad 4

5x Chaos Marines w/ bolt pistol, cc weapon <<EDIT reduced squad size by 1>>
    Marks of Slaanesh
    1x Lascannon
    Tank Hunters <<EDIT veteran skill added>>

FAST ATTACK

290 - Slaaneshi Biker Squad

6x Chaos Bikes
    Marks of Slaanesh
    1x Melta Gun
    3x Sonic Blaster <<EDIT replaced melta gun with sonic blaster>>
    Champion
    Power Weapon
    Daemonic Strength
    Furious Charge
    Frag Grenades

HEAVY SUPPORT

194 - Noise Marine Havocs

6x Chaos Marines
    Marks of Slaanesh
    4x Autocannon
    Champion

192 - Noise Marine Havocs

6x Chaos Marines
    Marks of Slaanesh
    4x Heavy Bolter
    Champion
    Infiltrate

Comments?

I've thought about ...

1) dropping one noise marine squad in order to add a possessed dreadnaught with plasma cannon or twin-linked lascannon.
    2) dropping two noise marines squads in order to add another bike squad (w/ out f. charge) and a few extra havocs.

I'm at 43 models. Chaos Marines, in a 1500 point game ... hard to kill.

Sabre

PS Yeah, the Chaos Lord. He's expensive, but I like him too much.

I like the L. Claw more than the darkblade, his high BS makes the melta gun a bargain (yes, that is a legal upgrade), and mutation is worth it to me, because every attack from this guy is a guaranteed kill. The more attacks he has, the quicker he makes his points back.

Last edited by Sabrewulf; January 17th, 2006 at 17:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks quite solid

i dont like bikers pretty much as theyre too easy to kill for their point costs but thats a matter of taste... did you think about some daemonettes?

and how come you think its legal to give a melta gun to your lord?
    maybe you mean the combi-melta...
    Thought for the day:
    A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I really think its a shame to make an assaulty Slaanesh army without Daemonettes. They are a great unit. Perhaps drop the one noice marine group without infiltrate and lascannon and get a group of daemonettes. Actually, for the price of that group you could nearly get a favored group of mounted daemonettes. That would add a lot more oomph to your assault.

I like Slaanesh bikers, they can dish out a very good amount of firepower and still more than hold their own in cc. And they are perfect for summoning daemonettes up close to the enemy.

I was surpriced to see that you have two units of devastators with not a single blastmaster between them. The weapons you have chosen are solid, but I like the mobile firepower of the blastmaster, and the str. 8 blast is no laughing matter either. In my opinion that is so versatile it is difficult to say no to.

Arizzar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Hmm, I'd drop the 6th marine from the lascannon squad. Don't need a champ with them anyway. Use the points to infiltrate that 3rd assault squad.

With the Lord hanging with the bikers, might try dropping Furious Charge, give him a Doom Siren so he always hits first with those nasty attacks, and then add Frags to your other assault squads. Can't afford to send them charging at guys in cover without 'em when you've only got 6 to a squad.

Might also drop 1 squad of Noise Marines and squeeze in a couple squads of 6 Daemonettes. They should come in right about the time you're assaulting or soon after, and can reinforce your troops wherever it's needed then. Plus they add Rending to your assaults, which is priceless for dropping things like Wraithlords.

Neat list overall

PS: ROCKYrocks, it's an upgrade option for the bike under the wargear section, so it's just an upgrade built in to his wargear selections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arizzar
    I really think its a shame to make an assaulty Slaanesh army without Daemonettes. They are a great unit. Perhaps drop the one noice marine group without infiltrate and lascannon and get a group of daemonettes. Actually, for the price of that group you could nearly get a favored group of mounted daemonettes. That would add a lot more oomph to your assault.

I like Slaanesh bikers, they can dish out a very good amount of firepower and still more than hold their own in cc. And they are perfect for summoning daemonettes up close to the enemy.

Arizzar
    Arizzar, are you looking at an older codex? I thought mounted daemonettes weren't allowed anymore.

If they are ... fantastic. In second edition, they moved as cavalry and (I think) their attacks could create Chaos Spawns (one of my favorite psychic powers).

Caluin, you have an answer on this one?

On the downside, daemonettes are fragile, a unit of six doesn't hit too hard, and they enter the board as reserves. A unit of 12 would be better, but it's hard to fit that many models on the summoning template. You always lose a couple to bad scatter.

If my bikes run inta a wraithlord ... well, I have three melta guns in that bike unit, and the lord is carrying one of them. He can also reach Str 8 with those lightning claws. Should do the job. Not to mention that wraithlords are slow as hell. I prefer driving past them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizzar

I was surpriced to see that you have two units of devastators with not a single blastmaster between them. The weapons you have chosen are solid, but I like the mobile firepower of the blastmaster, and the str. 8 blast is no laughing matter either. In my opinion that is so versatile it is difficult to say no to.

Arizzar
    Hmm. Maybe I'll throw one in with the heavy bolters. The way I see it, my army drops hordes at range, and deals with tougher troops in close. I need every single heavy bolter / autocannon I can lay down for orks, 'nids, and guard.

Sabre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xardian
    PS: ROCKYrocks, it's an upgrade option for the bike under the wargear section, so it's just an upgrade built in to his wargear selections.
    so if you buy a terminator armour for your lord, you can make him walk around with an autocannon?

sorry, but the melta isnt listed in the armoury section = no melta gun for the lord
    Thought for the day:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYrocks
    so if you buy a terminator armour for your lord, you can make him walk around with an autocannon?

sorry, but the melta isnt listed in the armoury section = no melta gun for the lord
    Yes, it is.

Look at the entry. It says "The combi-bolter may be upgraded to a melta gun or plasma gun for +10 points."

That's in the wargear section.

The terminator armor wargear entry doesn't mention special weapons upgrades, like the autocannon you mention (that would so kick ass, by the way) but the bike section does.

What I wanna know is, can I get away with the doom siren / melta gun combination. I plan to model the siren on the rider, and the melta gun on the bike. Of course, in the name of sportsmanship, I might just settle for the siren.

Sabre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dude its says in the section for bike squads that combi-bolter can be upgraded but not in the armoury

your lord can only chose equipment out of the armoury section :sleep:
    Thought for the day:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYrocks
    hey dude its says in the section for bike squads that combi-bolter can be upgraded but not in the armoury

your lord can only chose equipment out of the armoury section :sleep:
    For the love of god ...

It's on page 16. The armory entry on page 16 of the Chaos Codex. Under "Chaos Space Marine Bike." The part you're referring to is on page 33, under fast attack.

I have the second printing, so maybe, just maybe, they left it out of the 3rd print. But I doubt it. I haven't heard otherwise.

Please look at your codex.

Sabre

PS Dragging this thread back in the other direction, does anyone know anything about mounted daemonettes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o_O jesus youre right... sorry!

have a look here as a little gift and my honest excuse ^_^

CLICK ME!
    Thought for the day:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast