Friendly World Eaters, 3000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendly World Eaters, 3000

Well, lots of people at my local store are doing 3,000 point games now because it takes too long to finish anything much bigger. My 3,000 point list won twice, but had 3 losses since I made it. That might have been because I was half asleep for 4 of those, but it could still be better. I'm looking for a good balanced list and I'm starting from almost scratch. Here is what I have so far, but I need to cut it to 3,000 points.

HQ

Daemon Prince - 160
    Mark of Khorne
    Berserker Glaive
    D. Resilience
    D. Stature
    D. Strength
    Feel No Pain
    Collar of Khorne

Bloodthirster - 205

Elites

5 Chosen Berserker Terminators - 249
    3 Chainfists
    5 Marks of Khorne
    1 Champion upgrade
    1 Talisman of Burning Blood
    1 Collar of Khorne

Troops

8 Berserkers - 264
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    Aspiring Champion upgrade
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength
    1 Daemonic Mutation

8 Berserkers - 264
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength
    1 Daemonic Mutation

8 Berserkers - 264
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength
    1 Daemonic Mutation

8 Berserkers - 264
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength
    1 Daemonic Mutation

8 Berserkers - 264
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength
    1 Daemonic Mutation

8 Bloodletters - 208

Fast Attack

8 Berserker Bikers - 332
    8 Marks of Khorne
    Aspiring Champion
    Daemonic Chains

Heavy Support

Defiler - 185
    Havoc Launcher
    indirect fire

Predator - 195
    Twin Linked Lascannon Turret
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Parsitic Posession
    Mutated Hull

Predator - 195
    Twin Linked Lascannon Turret
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Parsitic Posession
    Mutated Hull

Should be 3,049 points if my math is right. I need to get it down closer to 3,000. By the way, the bikes are for daemon bombing. I have the Forge World Bloodthirster but don't see a place for it in this list. Any and all comments are welcome, positive or negative.

One quick question though, just got through the codex completely since I stopped playing and think I have all of it except one thing. With a Greater Daemon, does their icon act as a daemon icon so that you don't have to roll for one squad of daemons, or is a personal icon the only thing that allows that?

Last edited by Mutuus; January 15th, 2006 at 05:50.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

H.Q.-

Prince: Is glaive good in a 3000 point game? In games less than 2000 points, it's a very questionable upgrade. Other than the glaive the prince looks pretty good.

The best use of the glaive is probably on a non-statured lord in termi armor w/ the following upgrades: feel no pain, collar of khorne, & daemonic strength. He's cheap, resilient, and extremely effective against troop-based units. He will function as a magnet to divert attention away from your defiler and bikes. Tactics: Deep strike him into the center of your opponent's army. Most opponents will panic when he comes onto the table, which in itself will function as a distraction for the rest of your army. And while your opponent will still be able to throw things at him in hopes of stopping the carnage, you should be able to place him away from models, such as pesky landspeeders, which usually control glaived lords for the entire game.

Thirster: Good choice.

Elites: Take the full 8 and get the free a.c. In a 3000 point game, they will prove their worth. You can draw points away from your troop squads; in particular from the daemonic mutation, dameonic strength, and collar of khorne. The collar is not worth taking on an a.c.. You should be fine without either of the daemonic abilities. Remember, zerkers are already amazing in c.c., and there are other parts of your army that could use the points.

Berzerkers: As already stated above, drop mutation, strength, and the collar. Also, you should have 1-2 squads without furious charge. When playing W.E. you should always expect to lose a couple of zerkers squads before they get into c.c. For this reason you should leave my front zerker squad without furious charge (point saving, you know). You should really drop furious charge from the front to spear-heading zerkers.

Bikes: These pups are best used in conjunction w/ bloodletters. Usually, it's good to have at least 2 bloodletter squads to throw at your opponent from the bikers. Since you're using the a.c. from this squad as your daemon vessel (expensive but definitely fast), the squad works fairly well. As you probably know, a ranged army at a 3000 point level can easily take out this entire squad, even if your turbo-boost.

Defiler: Drop the havoc launcher. This vehicle is very expensive as it is, and you should be firing the battle-cannon every round anyways (so the havoc launcher becomes a backup weapon).

Predator: Hmm. In 3000 point games it's always good to protect your vehicles as much as possible, and you certainly seem to be doing it. Still, the preds are costly. I'd like to tell you to drop the mutated hull as a means to cheapen their cost, but again, in a 3000 point game, this upgrade may be worth it.

Concerning lascannon hull: You army is fairly weak against the swarm. One way to combat this is to change your hull to the auto-cannon version. This will also help to cheapn the overall cost of your preds. As well, usually having an all-lascannon pred is simply overkill.
    Last edited by Rabbit; January 15th, 2006 at 17:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ

Daemon Prince - 160
    Mark of Khorne
    Berserker Glaive
    D. Resilience
    D. Stature
    D. Strength
    Feel No Pain
    Collar of Khorne

Bloodthirster - 205

Elites

5 Chosen Berserker Terminators - 249
    3 Chainfists
    5 Marks of Khorne
    1 Champion upgrade
    1 Collar of Khorne

Troops

8 Berserkers - 165
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes

8 Berserkers - 254
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength

8 Berserkers - 254
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength

8 Berserkers - 254
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength

8 Berserkers - 254
    8 Marks of Khorne
    8 Khornate Chainaxes
    8 Furious Charge
    1 Power Fist
    1 Collar of Khorne
    1 Daemonic Strength

8 Bloodletters - 208

Fast Attack

8 Berserker Bikers - 332
    8 Marks of Khorne
    Aspiring Champion
    Daemonic Chains

Heavy Support

Defiler - 185
    Havoc Launcher
    indirect fire

Predator - 175
    autocannon Turret
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Parsitic Posession
    Mutated Hull

Predator - 175
    autocannon Turret
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Parsitic Posession
    Mutated Hull

I'd like to keep my defiler as is, it is usualy a pretty big target for my opponent and they always take out the battlecannon when they destroy a weapon, usually turn 3 or so. Then I would switch to the reaper and havoc launcher to take out whatever I can. If I stick with the heavy flamer, well I don't believe in short range weapons on vehicles, because if they get that close I've basically lost anyway.

I'd also like to keep everything but mutation on my troops because the powerfists are for when I run into dreadnoughts and walkers. I play a lot of Space Marines, Eldar and Tzeentch with this list along with some Necrons and Imperial Guard. I'm expecting some trouble from that Imperial Guard List as he usually plays an armoured company, but thats about it with this list.

I will drop most of the wargear from 1 squad, and let them try to lead the pack.

The Daemon Prince is going to be a center piece for this army, so I'd like to keep him relatively the way he is. I'm going to convert him with a dragon ogre shaggoth and show him off as much as possible.:yes:

The terminators are mostly for tank busting, so should I really go for 8 of them? Seems smart but I'm wondering if the points aren't better spent somewhere else. I have 130 points to play with now. I'm kind of stubborn in my ways though too.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play World Eaters, and I recommend going for 8 Terminators, simply because a World Eater Army should have 8 of everything in it. If you're playing a WE army, stick to the fluff

I actually hate any vehicles in mine except for "dreds", but I don't have much success against a lot of armies this way haha.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutuus
    HQ
    The Daemon Prince is going to be a center piece for this army, so I'd like to keep him relatively the way he is. I'm going to convert him with a dragon ogre shaggoth and show him off as much as possible.:yes:
    You have a FW Thister and the Daemon Prince is going to be your centerpiece?

Other then that the list looks half decent. Except I wouldn't use the collars on ACs unless you have points to spare. Same goes for D-Mutation on the Zerkers. The last thing you want is to pay 254 points for 8 marines. If you really want to then I say drop the Talisman and stick them in a Rhino. But first find 50 points to hack off. But I wouldn't do that.

I'd also drop a Pred in favor of some Possessed with D-Talons. Those things can be quite vicious with the amount of attacks Khornate units get.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Tau_Commander
    You have a FW Thister and the Daemon Prince is going to be your centerpiece?
    No place for him in this list. I reserve him for games of about 5,000 points, and even then he isn't a unique model.

+ Reply to Thread