Wannabe WE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wannabe WE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wannabe WE

I need some help with this list. I'm used playing Tau and Imperial Guard, so making a chaos army is quite a chalange for me.
    I'm making a fast CC-army. point is, I want all my CC units to be fast, and arrive at my enemy earlier then he wants, and have backupfire from behind for tanks and such. this is my list, but something's not right here. I've removed the Bloodthirster, but maybe I shouldn't.

HQ (220 pts)
    Chaos Lord
    Equipment : Deamonic Armour, Flight, Mutation, Resilience, Stature,
    Furious Charge
    Gifts of Khorne: Mark of Khorne, Berserker Glaive, Rage of Khorne

Elite (375 pts)
    2 Obliterators (140 pts)

5 Chosen Terminators (220 pts)
    Equipment:Chainfist

Troops (396 pts)
    2* 10 Chaos Space Marines (198 pts)
    Rhino: Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Fast Attack (338 pts)
    10 Chaos Raptors (1 Asp Champion) (338 pts)
    Furious Assault
    Asp champ : Power Fist, Deamonic Mutation, Furious Assault

Heavy Support (253 pts)
    Land Raider
    Smokes

It needs some changes, cause this is 1567 points, and I want to keep it 1500 points at first.

Last edited by Renosaurus; February 6th, 2006 at 20:24.
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Your DP is illegal, with the Berserker Glaive you cannot have any movement modes (i.e. flight, speed, bike, etc.) Unless you are very much attached to the glaive, I would recommend dropping it for a dark blade and ccw, freeing up 14 points....
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other then what was already corrected in your other thread, I say either drop the rhinos in favor of Infiltrate, or drop a few Raptors.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could dump the rhino's and make then infiltrate, adding a mark of khorne. that also makes then more suitable for the idea of my army.
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

You cannot combine infiltrate with the mark of Khorne.

I agree on dropping them rhinos in favor of infiltrate, you should in the same time drop a couple of models and give the two troops an aspiring champion each, give him Power fist. Try to get some special weapons into those squads too, 2 Melta guns would be quite fitting.

The Codex:Chaos is quite a tricky one. It has many things hidden in difficult to find places (like pages with no pictures) I suggest you read it through a couple of times extra. I've been a keen reader for a couple of years and still new things keep poping up.
    I guess it's all very much in line with the character of the deities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, if you know where it's told you can't combine MArk of Khorne with infiltrate, please tell me. it's no big deal though, saves up points. and oblitirators having T4 instead of 5 are not worth it, so they can be "killed" as well as the rhino's. which saves up a lot of points.
    adding a squad of possessed with deamonic flight, asp champ with powerfist?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

The infiltrate/Khorne thing is under Infiltrate in the armoury, p19.

Flying possessed are very expensive compared to their survivabilty and effectiveness.

Give the Khornate Champ Talsiman of Burning Blood as a mean to move faster, a powerfist to deal with the things he must charge and give the whole unit Chainaxes..

Use the rest of the points to bulk up on the Troops. However tempting the überunits of Chaos are, awsome stats and endless opportunities, they tend to die and take quite a few points with them. The Troops are a much better option IMO.

You have already spent quite a lot of points on the HQ, HS and Elites. Near half your points goes there (and that's if you drop the Oblits).

There aer some not so fancy, yet frigthening units you could field. The infiltrating four plasmaguns Havocsquad is one. Damons are another. Bloodletters are mean. Mean in a very mean way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you keep the termi's and the LR or did you "kill" them? cause I think there to expensive on 1500 points. how about adding more Kornate berserkers (CSM) and also adding a greater deamon? if I still have points, Havoc's. or maybe a dreadnought to kill tanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

I would recommend you to take a look on some of the other lists with a Khornate theme that are on this board. You'll soon see a pattern of good choices, a pattern you could use as a basis for further design.
    The Troops are indeed where to be spending as they have a relly good destruction potential. The Elites are but a little better and much more expensive.
    They are very good for flavouring the army though, but they should be used like that. Do not make a salt-soup, or fried curry-powder with a touch of chicken.
    If you wait a moment I will link you some.

I couldn't find them... Though I know they are out there.

So, I'll give you some things that comes up often.

The Glaive is not such a great weapon after all, since it denies you the enhanced move. Darkblade is the way to go. You can always give him a bike to reach CC as soon as possible.
    Stature is also bad as you can be picked out by enemy fire.
    8-man units of Berzerkers if you go for a pure World Eaters army.
    Champ needs powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood.
    Bikers in (rather)big squads are great for the "daemon bomb" Damonic Chains on Champ and an Icon to summon Bloodletters near enemy and fast.
    Have some AntiTank-Tank. Pred with turret autocannon and Lascan sposons. Daemonic Possession is No1 upgrade.
    Last edited by Andusciassus; February 6th, 2006 at 23:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meaning my whole list is worthless. I won't go for pure WE, cause I wanna use Raptors. Also, I don't like the deamons like bloodletters, so I will try to avoid using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    The Glaive is not such a great weapon after all, since it denies you the enhanced move. Darkblade is the way to go. You can always give him a bike to reach CC as soon as possible.
    Stature is also bad as you can be picked out by enemy fire.
    8-man units of Berzerkers if you go for a pure World Eaters army.
    Champ needs powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood.
    Bikers in (rather)big squads are great for the "daemon bomb" Damonic Chains on Champ and an Icon to summon Bloodletters near enemy and fast.
    Have some AntiTank-Tank. Pred with turret autocannon and Lascan sposons. Daemonic Possession is No1 upgrade.
    Darkblade is what my HQ had before I found berserker Glaive. But can't you use a transport either?

so help me, what would you add/remove in this list?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast