1500 Chaos - been in the warp for a while - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

1500 Chaos - been in the warp for a while

This chaos legion, not black legion, has been in the warp for a long time. I was wondering if there are any fluff niggles with the list, anything that just doesn't belong.

HQ
    Daemon Prince - frags, spiky bits, dreadaxe&ccw, daemon armour, daemonic aura, daemonic resilience, daemonic speed, daemonic stature, furious charge

Elites
    2 Obliterators
    6 Chosen Terminators - MoCU, 2 reaper autocannons, tank hunters

Troops
    18 CSM - MoCU, AC with bp & fist, daemonic mutation, spiky bits, heavy bolter, 16 bolters
    6 CSM - MoCU, lascannon, 5 bolters
    6 CSM - MoCU, lascannon, 5 bolters

Heavy Support
    Chaos Predator - twin las, las sponsons, daemonic possession, mutated hull
    Chaos Predator - autocannon, hb sponsons, daemonic possession, mutated hull, dozer blade

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Fluff wise no problems, but really I don't get this list.
    The lord is heavily tooled for close combat & can charge in with whom? looks like all by himself. The rest of the list looks shooty to me. Thought the termies could do alright once they catch up to your lord.
    Your aspring champion looks like insurance to me, but he's tooled pretty heavy for that.
    Your preds are going to be hard to kill for certain, but are they worth the extra points you're pouring into them?

My gut fealing about this list is that it isn't getting it's best bang for it's points. You've got 41 modles in 1500 pts that isn't too bad but it is a little low concidering this is undivided with only 2 tanks to show for it.

Some suggestions for improvement:
    The Lord: I would keep him basicly the same, but cut him down to about 150 pts (shave 'bout 40 pts off of him) Then use him as a counter assault guy. (the stature would be better to loose I think so he can't be singled out, but I can see that messing with your fluff.)

I would loose the termnators (or the obliterators but they seem to fit the fluff better I suspect.)
    Use the points to get another CSM squad, and equip the current squads with plasmaguns and ac's with powerfists. (I would also drop the mutation and spiky bits from the ac's to free up a few points too.) Use the extra points to buy extra marines.

That will get you a respectable, but static firebase.

Of course this is all just my opinion, take it as you will.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Maybe split the 18 man squad up so you can get a few extra lascannons in seperate squads.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might want to consider a defiler instead of using your 2nd predator tank...
    i also think you should drop your terminators, they're quite costly point wise..
    o think possess are a good idea, and they help to boost your h2h ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Thankyou JORMAGI, RobtheGuru, and WarsmithNiG, that's all good advice.

Fluff wise no problems, but really I don't get this list.
    The synergy within the list is that I'm providing too many targets for high strength low AP weapons. The lord will survive better because of the oblits, the termies, and the preds. Their shooting power will make them the opponent's first priority, and while basic weaponry can be used against the lord if in range, the lord is tooled so that basic weaponry won't do much damage. I should reasonable expect the lord to get into combat with enemy HQ's and kill them.

I agree that the termies are a overpriced for the damage they do. However, they help with the synergy of the list, more marines does not.

I think this suits the fluff a little better:

HQ
    • Daemon Prince - frags, spiky bits, dreadaxe&ccw, daemon armour, daemonic aura, daemonic resilience, daemonic speed, daemonic stature, furious charge 187

Elites
    • 6 Chosen Terminators - Mark of Nurgle, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 chainfists, tank hunters 320
    • 2 Obliterators 140

Troops
    • 17 CSM - 17 bolters 300
      • 1 Aspiring Champion - bolt pistol, power fist, daemonic mutation, spiky bits [62]
    • 6 CSM - lascannon, 5 bolters 99
    • 6 CSM - lascannon, 5 bolters 99

Heavy Support
    • Chaos Predator - twin las, las sponsons, daemonic possession, mutated hull 195
    • Chaos Predator - autocannon, hb sponsons, daemonic possession, mutated hull 160

Last edited by onlainari; February 10th, 2006 at 13:28.
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari
    The synergy within the list is that I'm providing too many targets for high strength low AP weapons.
    The supreme irony of this statement is that this is exactly what If see is the problem with your armylist. let me explain.

First off I think your army will easily be able to do exactly what you said you intend it to do most of the time. Lots of targets for hight str weapons, shooting at not your lord in most cases. Your Lord should be able to kill most HQ's no problem.

BUT after you have done this have you won? I say usually not. For starters is that HQ really that important to kill? Probably not. They're most likely to be a great deal cheaper than your lord, and if it isn't they stand a decent chance of surviving the onslaught.

By putting high point cost models on the line as protection for your lord you make your army suceptable to enemy: lascannons, plasmaguns, meltaguns, Assault cannons (and their xeno-cousins), Also you are suseptable to powerweapons, choppa's, chainaxes ect.

Your list has decent firepower, but not enought to win against a dedicated shooty list, and enough to hurt a CC list, but not enough that your light CC capability is going to be able to handle when they do get to you.

Why?

Because you have too many high point jucy targets that while tough to kill on a modle per model basis are really easy on a point for point basis.

If your doing this for fluff, well I'm not going to tell you not to, but if you are trying to come up with a competitive list, then I think this should explain why it's not going to win much.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

299 (x7)

I agree with everything you just said.

+ Reply to Thread