Deathbringers (1500 Khorne army) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathbringers (1500 Khorne army)

Ok, I just won't give up. time for another try. how about this.......

Chaos lord (210 pts)
    Pair of lightning, spiky bits
    Mok, fnp,
    Deamonic aura, armour, stature, flight, strength, resillience

Possessed (263 pts)
    5 man, talons, tobb, mok, bor, ac, rhino: smoke, armour

Berzerkers
    2* 8 Chaos Space Marines (184 pts)
    MoK(horne), Khornate chainaxe Bolt Pistol (20 pts each)
    ASP CHAMPower weapon, boltpistol, Talisman of burning blood, MoK (40 pts)

8* Bloodletters (208 pts)

raptors (277 pts)
    7 man, furious assault,
    Asp champ : Dark blade, Deamonic Mutation, Furious Assault

predator (195 pts)
    lascannon turret+sponsors, mutated hull, posession

Hope this looks better

The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Chaos lord (210 pts)
    Pair of lightning, spiky bits
    Mok, fnp,
    Deamonic aura, armour, stature, flight, strength, resillience
    Consider dropping d. armour on your lord as it isn't a must because most weapons aimed at it are high strength and low ap; although, against small arms its a must. Don't want your Lord to die to 100 Lasgun shots :tongue: Also, if you dropped D. Armour you might have enough pts to add another possessed.

Possessed (263 pts)
    5 man, talons, tobb, mok, bor, ac, rhino: smoke, armour
    5 Possessed won't cut it. You either need to somehow beaf these units up, or take them out. I'd either keep your raptors or beaf up your possessed, but unfortunately you can't have both in games at this size. (Technically you could have both but I wouldn't reccomend it at this pt level).

predator (195 pts)
    lascannon turret+sponsors, mutated hull, posession
    I usually keep my pred with just smoke and extra armour because its nice and cheap. You could take out mutated hull and posession and add in another possessed or 2 if you really wanted to keep those possessed.

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I made a list of which units I wanted to field, and possessed are in there, and they will be. so, if I could remove mutated hull and possession to add 2 possessed, I would. other than that, this looks good?
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

It looks much better now, the extra squad of Berzerkers makes quite a difference.

Your Lord cannot have Lightning Claws as he is statured. His strength makes it quite a waste aswell as he'll wound most opponents on 2+ and already ignores armour saves due to his MC-status.
    Armour has been issued.

Having both Rhino and ToBB on the possessed is also a waste. They are quite likely to leave it, running madly across the board.

I would like to see powerfists on the Berzerker Champs as they must charge what they can reach, a wise opponent eill just throw in a Dread or a Landraider...heck, even a Rhino will tie them up for the whole game.

Darkblade is good but not on a one wound character. One failed mastery.check and he is sucked straight into the blade himself. Better go for Powerfist on him or Lightning Claws.

By dropping the Rhino, Lightning Claws from the Lord (Giving him 2 CCWs) and the D.armour, possibly exchanging flight for speed and Changing Darkblade for Powerfist on the Raptor Champ you'd free up points enough to get some more Possessed and some meltas for the raptors. You could give them infiltrate and use them to create a closecombat that blocks line of sight to the rest of your army in the first turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Possessed are good because if your lucky you can get a number of rending hits, hell, you can kill a C'Tan first turn of battle. It'd be nice if they could be given furious charge, but you can't Apart from that the list seems fine. It's a shame you have to roll a 4+ for your bloodletters on turn 2, if you were pure World Eaters it'd be easier to get them in the first turn they are available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have my codex here, but I'm not sure I understand why my statured lord can't have lightning claws. Anyway, I want to give him something cool, not just basic ccw.

Wanna know why I took both armour and aura? cause a 2+ safe keeps him from diying of a lot of little wounds, like lasgun shots. The aura gives him a safe against AP guns. it might sound useless to you, but together with Feel no Pain he won't die that easy. I won't change that.

having both a ToBB and a rhino does make sence, cause you won't enter blood rage each turn. you start in s rhino, and rush forward. when the enter bloodrage, use the rhino to block line of sight. but by that time, it'll probably be turn 2.

I didn't took power fists for 2 reasons. 1. I want to keep my Berzerkers strike at initiative, not at 1. so I gave them power weapons. 2. I din't have the points fot them.

you are righ indeed that a Deamonweapon isn't much use on a 1 wound char. I didn't think of that. I wanted to give my raptor AC something cool, so I might change it to a pair of lightning claws.
    Last edited by Renosaurus; February 20th, 2006 at 12:19.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

but I'm not sure I understand why my statured lord can't have lightning claws.
    It's in the D.stature entry on p.17, there is quite a few weapons he cannot wield.

On the D.armour... Without it it'll take 64 lasergun shots to give him one wound...but if you fear them so much, get the armour.

And the other advice were just to make your army more efficient, I will not stress any of them. Play this list for a while and analyze.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Swap the weapons between the Lord and AC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that;'s the way I had it in the first place, but since the lord already stirkes at str (I'm gonna say 8 but don't quote me on that:shifty, but it might be better then lightning claws. Dark Blade is the only good deamon weapon of whic you don't need a mark. wish I could take a better one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Its impossible to strike on Str 8, even on the charge without a Great Weapon(thats still on the charge) or a dark blade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast